Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blood, Guts & Gore - The Surgery Thread

Re: im having surgery

[quote author=Smallville78 link=topic=16317.msg1009886#msg1009886 date=1221724409]
    iv been trying for hmm 6 or 7 years and have seen 6 gynos and they all say no, after i have this imay try again. but it hurt for them to tell me no they dont have to live like this, i dont enjoy 4 week long periods
    [/quote]

Keep trying don't give up if you are 100% sure you don't want kids keep pleading.

one of the reasons they say no is cause they say that if i change my mind they think ill sue, more like if i had the money id sue them for not treating me when my doctor says i need it. cause BC dont work. but ill keep trying ill be 30 this here and i hope that helps lol

Sign a waiver with your written approval that you want this specific procedure done.
    Have a witness sign it in front of a notary.

i even said id sign something they still said no, one said that if 3 gynos would sign they would do it, then just nothing came of it, he went on holidays when i went to the apointment to talk about HE set up, see it  really affect everyone the hospital is 4 hours from here and i have to stay with family for my appointments and my mum drives me cause i dont know the city. but a few months after my op ill talk to my doctor again

Just don't give up keep asking until they cave in.

Can't we just have a Surgery thread rather than have 10 different ones?

[quote author=missberi link=topic=16317.msg1010054#msg1010054 date=1221750103]
    Can't we just have a Surgery thread rather than have 10 different ones?
    [/quote]

Yes!!  Let's call it "Blood, Guts & Gore - The Surgery Thread" 
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Re: Blood, Guts & Gore - The Surgery Thread

[quote author=Smallville78 link=topic=16275.msg1009894#msg1009894 date=1221726278]
    i even said id sign something they still said no, one said that if 3 gynos would sign they would do it, then just nothing came of it, he went on holidays when i went to the apointment to talk about HE set up, see it  really affect everyone the hospital is 4 hours from here and i have to stay with family for my appointments and my mum drives me cause i dont know the city. but a few months after my op ill talk to my doctor again
    [/quote]

I have PCOS also. They put me on birth control and metformin (spell ck) I would go 5 or 6 months without a period and then when I had one it would last 2 weeks and then stop then start for another week. I have been regular, and on time every single month and no more clots or any of the nasty stuff since I started the pills. You might ask your doctor about them.  PCOS makes you gain weight.  I have lost 24 pounds since starting metformin.  I used to be skinny all the way up through my teens until I was about 16 and that is when it all started. I weighed about 160 at 16 and  I was up to 340 pounds this past  january.  The pills are working for me. I turned 30 today.  I am hoping by my next appointment in 3 months I will have lost at least 50 more. If I had only went to the doctor way back then, I would have NEVER gotten this big, but im working on it now :)

im on birth control and primolut'n because the BC doesnt work on its own, i have 4 week periods on the BC and even skipping the sugar pills. but in not going to try anymore pills, cause i want to see where this surgery goes

Thanks for the well wishers, its really appreciated.

Well the operation was successful and my recovery up to this point is going quite well to my knowledge though it'll take me 4 months to be able to see anything really in that eye. Everythings kinda blurry right now.

I got out of the hospital on Saturday. Hospital is soo sleepy I slept most of my days there, though thursday might have had something to do with the anaesthetic wearing off.

Scary experiance waiting to go in for it, I was sitting in the operating waiting room alone because my dad decided to go down some other crap instead of waiting with me. I don't know how I managed the questions the anaesthetist and surgeons asked because I just was absolutly terrified. I remember one of the nurses asking if I was ready and me jumping up and saying yes while secretly screaming in my head NOOOOOOOOO!!  :2eyesbleed:

The anaesthetic worked better then I thought it would I was laying on the table thinking that I wasn't feeling sleepy at all then I woke up 2 and a half hours later in post-op.

I have to wear a patch over my eye every night to make sure I don't rub it while I sleep and take 10 drops per-day, 4 of one drop and 6 of another. Its not too bad.

Puzzid my older brother was diagnosed with keracotonus when he was 15 around 4 years after I was diagnosed. We're not sure if its a genetic thing with us or if our family is just unlucky. His was caught early though so he wears corrective contacts like you.  :-)

[quote author=AngelofYou link=topic=16275.msg1014183#msg1014183 date=1222129824]
    Puzzid my older brother was diagnosed with keracotonus when he was 15 around 4 years after I was diagnosed. We're not sure if its a genetic thing with us or if our family is just unlucky. His was caught early though so he wears corrective contacts like you.  :-)
    [/quote]Hope things continue to go well for you.  Keep us informed.

I'm pretty sure there is a genetic component. My Grandmother had it and her Grandmother was virtually blind in her later years... But who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

glad to hear surgery went well Angel, and hope your eye heals up soon.
    I am "me" and if you dont like it....FUCK OFF!!!

Thread Information