Page 745 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 245 645 695 735 743 744 745 746 747 755 795 845 1245 1745 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,625 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Death penalty

Quote Originally Posted by smashie View Post
    Wow....those aren't very impressive stats. Almost like, what's the point of having the DP as an option.
    No offense to anyone, but I think the avg person is very unware of how unsuccessful it is. And according to court docs 08/18/2009, the court turned down Martinez in a few DP arguments.

Here, as in Bocharski, the State has not shown that the defendant knew or should have
    known that the victim was dead yet continued to stab him.

The Court finds that the State has failed to prove that there is probable cause to believe
    that the offense was committed in an especially heinous or depraved manner.

The State did not argue that the defendant relished the murder. The evidence showed that the
    defendant photographed the victim in the shower shortly before attacking him and several
    inadvertent photos were taken during the attack due to the configuration of the digital camera.
    The Court finds that the State has waived relishing as a factor to support a finding of heinousness
    or depravity.

The Court finds that the State has proved that there is probable cause to believe that the
    offense was especially cruel under the theory that it involved both physical and mental suffering
    of the victim.

The Court finds that the State has not established probable
    cause that the murder was senseless because it was unnecessary to achieve the defendant?s criminal
    goal.

check out this multiple murder that was overturned this year
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27...-who-killed-3/
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    Interesting thing about the DP these days. The stats on DPs overturned in Arizona (1973-2010) shows half escaped that sentence anyway in the long run.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/cp10st.pdf
    Sentenced - 293

Executed - 24

Died - 16

Sentence or conviction overturned 112 <-------

Sentence or conviction commuted 7 <-------

Other removals 1 <-----

Under sentence of death, 12/31/10 133
    i was reading an article about a women who was fighting to keep a family members murders on death row - one of the big things they pointed out - even if they don't carry thru w/ the DP - it at least keeps them in prison w/ out parole - when they overturn DP cases in arizona - they are then eligible for parole - i know thats what its like in california - perfect example is manson - he was given the death penalty, the california repealed the DP now we have to see him up for parole every 5 years he never gets it of course because of his infamy - but i can imagine that doesn't work for cases that aren't as public - it seems lately the only way you can get some one to stay in prison is w/ the DP whether it is carried out or not - which is just not the way it should be

Eww....you know what I just thought of?..... he went down on her......on that vajay!
    He was a virgin. He didn't know what it was supposed to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i was reading an article about a women who was fighting to keep a family members murders on death row - one of the big things they pointed out - even if they don't carry thru w/ the DP - it at least keeps them in prison w/ out parole - when they overturn DP cases in arizona - they are then eligible for parole - i know thats what its like in california - perfect example is manson - he was given the death penalty, the california repealed the DP now we have to see him up for parole every 5 years he never gets it of course because of his infamy - but i can imagine that doesn't work for cases that aren't as public - it seems lately the only way you can get some one to stay in prison is w/ the DP whether it is carried out or not - which is just not the way it should be
    Exactly.
    I'm very much against life in prison with the possibility of parole. Life in prison should be life...the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Ohhh, Palin will be so thrilled. More inappropriate flirty time.

Good info. Thanks. Wonder why so any were overturned. Maybe before DNA? Or, some may have been overturned, and then got the death penalty sentence again at retrial?
    I'm finding cases as we speak. But my guess would be technical court errors. DNA is usually exonerated types which is a diff category.
    here's another example http://ktar.com/22/1600459/Arizona-c...death-sentence

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    everyone knows you don't do either until your married...
    I thought I got to stop all that crap once I got married. Damn....

Who is Dorkin again?

please do! we all get attached and drawn in by these threads and everyone would appreciate more information... especially given the 'poor coverage of that case'.

you won't offend anyone. and if you do, who cares!
    I have a lot on my plate for the next few days but i'll dig up some stuff and try and post in the next week or so

Dangit that was supposed to have several quotes in it, I still can't get this multi-quote thing right, lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
    I thought I got to stop all that crap once I got married. Damn....
    sorry... at least on birthday and holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

This is too funny

Whose Bday?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    Diff states -- you can't compare them, it isn't across the board same. Arizona does NOT mean they can get out. And laws change so it all depends on the law in effect on date of the sentence.
    Here's a lifer that got out, she killed a 19 month old baby http://abcnews.go.com/US/betty-smith...ry?id=17001914
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Who is Dorkin again?
    he was the "photo expert" for the defense that showed the peen pics when they weren't approved as evidence

There are currently 110 users browsing this thread. (28 members and 82 guests) Pretty good traffic for this time of the evening

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Who is Dorkin again?
    The computer expert the defense called. Was flirty and smiley. He is the one who flashed the peen pics.

Quote Originally Posted by CKINGJUSTICE View Post
    Dangit that was supposed to have several quotes in it, I still can't get this multi-quote thing right, lol
    Go to the posts you want to quote.

Bottom right hand side of post, there is a bubble with a + next to it.

Click on that symbol for each quote you want to include in your multi-quote.

On the last quote to be included in the multi-quote, click on 'Reply With Quote' as well as the symbol next to the + sign.

Just a tip, I then click on Go Advance so I can see better. Also, MDS has a pact with satan and you can only have three images per post. If there are more than three images, you will get an alert. You will either have to delete the emoticon codes, or not quote as many posts. I usually delete some of the emoticon codes in the posts I am quoting, but it sucks if you want to use more than three. Sometimes, I just describe what emoticon I want, like; :putasmileyfacehere:

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
    Whose Bday?
    depends on how freaky you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

There are currently 110 users browsing this thread. (28 members and 82 guests) Pretty good traffic for this time of the evening
    One more post and your rep will start showing!

How is it that she took it in the ass and swallowed, yet she couldn't keep a man??

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post

On the last quote to be included in the multi-quote, click on 'Reply With Quote' as well as the symbol next to the + sign.

Just a tip, I then click on Go Advance so I can see better. Also, MDS has a pact with satan and you can only have three images per post. If there are more than three images, you will get an alert. You will either have to delete the emoticon codes, or not quote as many posts. I usually delete some of the emoticon codes in the posts I am quoting, but it sucks if you want to use more than three. Sometimes, I just describe what emoticon I want, like; :putasmileyfacehere:

I hope this helps!
    I hate that pact! :aggravatedatsatanpacts:

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post

I hope this helps!
    Thank you, I think this
    "On the last quote to be included in the multi-quote, click on 'Reply With Quote' as well as the symbol next to the + sign." is the step I was missing

I have only been here on MDS for a few weeks now and haven't ventured outside of this thread until tonight...I decided to take a random look at another thread to get away from Jodi and her bullshit for a while.

Now,I can't stop crying..it was the Christian/Newsome case. My God, I thought Travis got me, but that... (so sorry for the momentary interruption) :( :( :(

Thank you, I think this
    "On the last quote to be included in the multi-quote, click on 'Reply With Quote' as well as the symbol next to the + sign." is the step I was missing
    It's the same step I kept missing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaTime View Post
    I have only been here on MDS for a few weeks now and haven't ventured outside of this thread until tonight...I decided to take a random look at another thread to get away from Jodi and her bullshit for a while.

Now,I can't stop crying..it was the Christian/Newsome case. My God, I thought Travis got me, but that... (so sorry for the momentary interruption) :( :( :(
    I,m sorry! Now you see why I hesitated even bringing it up. I feel bad with you if it helps :hugs:

Thread Information