Page 53 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 1053 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Re: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=16212.msg1213745#msg1213745 date=1236967358]
    one reason I'd have a gun in AZ

I almost died posting this image  :-o
    [/quote]

ugh ugh bad thing
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=tawnidilly link=topic=16212.msg1213739#msg1213739 date=1236967029]
    Thanks to all who have defended me!  I just want to add that in my opinion, after seeing the house and room and looking at my pictures, it has given me GREAT insight into what Jodi did and the severity of the crime she comitted! Insight I would and could only speculate on without the pictures. I will keep getting and giving updates until they are no longer wanted and will continue to check up on the house until it is sold.
    [/quote]

Yay, Tawnidilly!  You have given us a different perspective in this case & I know I truly appreciate it.  It's one thing to use my imagination to understand how/where the crime took place....but your pictures & details made it much more clear.  So thank you!!!

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=16212.msg1213741#msg1213741 date=1236967126]
    There are scorpions in AZ I reckon, so I would shoot a scorpion dead and set it on fire, seriously.
    [/quote]

Very good point!  I think I'd have to own a gun for that reason alone...if I were to live in AZ or any other scorpion infested area.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=16212.msg1213745#msg1213745 date=1236967358]
    one reason I'd have a gun in AZ

I almost died posting this image  :-o
    [/quote]

Hahahah! They're nothing like that here, trust me. Just little tiny things, nearly translucent. You can go out and hunt them at night with a blacklight because they glow in the dark. I took this pic a year or two ago up at Lake Pleasant, then worried all night about one of the damned things crawling into my sleeping bag!

Uhm, a gun might be overkill, I'd just get me a really good pair of shoes.
    http://formspring.me/atm142 - To stare into the abyss is to invite the abyss to stare into you.

Lol. My house has been infested with ants, houseflies, silverfish, mayflies, spiders, cockroaches, and some undetermined critters in the attic...but fortunatey I've not come across any bark scorpions yet!

[quote author=atm142 link=topic=16212.msg1213772#msg1213772 date=1236968365]
    Uhm, a gun might be overkill, I'd just get me a really good pair of shoes.
    [/quote]

Ok, hairspray and a lighter, and torch that translucent mother fucker!  If I saw that out camping, I'd never sleep, ever.  It was bad enough having a centipede in my tent, never mind a translucent scorpion.

[quote author=GagReflex link=topic=16212.msg1213769#msg1213769 date=1236968160]
    Hahahah! They're nothing like that here, trust me. Just little tiny things, nearly translucent. You can go out and hunt them at night with a blacklight because they glow in the dark. I took this pic a year or two ago up at Lake Pleasant, then worried all night about one of the damned things crawling into my sleeping bag!

[/quote]

Good god.  I wouldn't even be hunting them at night, I'd carry the blacklight for protection.  And hairspray, and a lighter.

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=16212.msg1213784#msg1213784 date=1236969261]
    Lol. My house has been infested with ants, houseflies, silverfish, mayflies, spiders, cockroaches, and some undetermined critters in the attic...but fortunatey I've not come across any bark scorpions yet!

[/quote]

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=16212.msg1213784#msg1213784 date=1236969261]

[/quote]

If silverfish or cockroaches ever infest my damn house, it's burning to the ground  :2eyesbleed:  I used to see silverfish at school, those things were grosser than mice.  I'd climb a chair and sit with my feet up like I thought they couldn't climb chairs or something.  :lol:

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

[quote author=tawnidilly link=topic=16212.msg1213739#msg1213739 date=1236967029]
    Thanks to all who have defended me!  I just want to add that in my opinion, after seeing the house and room and looking at my pictures, it has given me GREAT insight into what Jodi did and the severity of the crime she comitted! Insight I would and could only speculate on without the pictures. I will keep getting and giving updates until they are no longer wanted and will continue to check up on the house until it is sold.
    [/quote]

I love what you provide for the thread! In fact, I was never active in this thread until I saw your pictures!

I did, however, read this thread all the way through twice since I've been a member here, so a lot of the stuff being posted lately is a little redundant... but this is a long thread and a lot of people aren't going to read it all the way through so it's nice that things are being mentioned again.
    Balls.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=atm142 link=topic=16212.msg1213488#msg1213488 date=1236944298]
    I always hate making this argument because it always makes me look like an absolute jerk, but as an adamant supporter of civil rights she has every right to competent representation. Innocent until proven guilty.

If I were a lawyer I would take cases that I thought were guilty just to ensure a fair trial. Because I know in my mind I am not my client, I am merely legal representation meant to deliver her message, her case in a manner that is clear and concise. All while maneuvering through the stacks of paper work that is the American judicial system. I just hope that if I ever stand trial for a crime, guilty or not guilty, I would be afforded the same luxury.

If we decided to let just the "guilty1" ones represent themselves then we'd be back in the dark ages burning witches before a constabulary. And I don't know about you but my complexion really suffers when I catch a bad case of the black death.

1Guilty - adj.
    1.  Responsible for or chargeable with a reprehensible act; deserving of blame; culpable: guilty of cheating; the guilty party.
    2.  Law Adjudged to have committed a crime.
    3.  Poor
    4.  Mentally disabled so as to not be able to represent one self in a professional manner. See also: Scapegoat
    [/quote]

I like this noob a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=16212.msg1213961#msg1213961 date=1236978819]
    I like this noob a lot.
    [/quote]

I do, too
    Balls.

The defense attorney that is assigned to Jodi has been working on a serial shooter case here in AZ for a long time. Today the jury came back with GUILTY! I guess the attorney will now have time for Jodi.

[/quote]

You may have already discussed this, but I think I've read nearly every post, and I guess I wanted to ask whether or not a Crime Scene Cleanup company had come through there and made sure that all the blood and tissue, etc. had been removed.  I saw a movie with Samuel L. Jackson where he played the part of one of those clean up people, and they are so meticulous (or he was in the movie), he was scraping out every minute speck leftover from a crime scene where a shooting had occurred, sorry can't think of the name of it now, it's a fairly recent movie.  I saw the are dark spots on the wall and carpet has been cut out in places, but is it cleaned up as much as it can be short of a coat of paint and new carpeting. (And why wouldn't someone do that before allowing the public to enter, either his family or the reality company or the bank if it is foreclosed).  I mean for God's sake, that is pretty crass to leave everything the way it was.  They could also replace that square of wall they cut out that had the bloody hand print.  I guess whoever is in charge of getting that place sold isn't interested in trying to make it look unlike a crime scene.  I am sure not many people would be interested in a place where there is still human tissue remaining in the grout in the bathroom.  Ugh.

[quote author=Lizzie link=topic=16212.msg1214109#msg1214109 date=1236987230]
    You may have already discussed this, but I think I've read nearly every post, and I guess I wanted to ask whether or not a Crime Scene Cleanup company had come through there and made sure that all the blood and tissue, etc. had been removed.  I saw a movie with Samuel L. Jackson where he played the part of one of those clean up people, and they are so meticulous (or he was in the movie), he was scraping out every minute speck leftover from a crime scene where a shooting had occurred, sorry can't think of the name of it now, it's a fairly recent movie.  I saw the are dark spots on the wall and carpet has been cut out in places, but is it cleaned up as much as it can be short of a coat of paint and new carpeting. (And why wouldn't someone do that before allowing the public to enter, either his family or the reality company or the bank if it is foreclosed).  I mean for God's sake, that is pretty crass to leave everything the way it was.  They could also replace that square of wall they cut out that had the bloody hand print.  I guess whoever is in charge of getting that place sold isn't interested in trying to make it look unlike a crime scene.  I am sure not many people would be interested in a place where there is still human tissue remaining in the grout in the bathroom.  Ugh.
    [/quote]

I'm guessing the bank or mortgage company is losing enough money on it anyway with the economy. They don't want to sink any more money in it to clean it up. I think it's horrible that they would try to sell it like that.

[quote author=Lizzie link=topic=16212.msg1214109#msg1214109 date=1236987230]
    [/quote]

Somebody here said they actually were one of those crime scene cleanup people. I think it was in the 20s or 30s range of this thread. They were wondering who got the job of cleaning up this house I believe.

Thanks to all who have defended me!  I just want to add that in my opinion, after seeing the house and room and looking at my pictures, it has given me GREAT insight into what Jodi did and the severity of the crime she comitted! Insight I would and could only speculate on without the pictures. I will keep getting and giving updates until they are no longer wanted and will continue to check up on the house until it is sold.[/quote]

tawnidilly, I want to extend my personal thanks for adding up those pics to this thread. I live less than 2 miles away from the house (just south of Warner on Mountain) and was completely unaware that it was even for sale. Also, the pictures let me see more of the proximity of what happened there that day to help ease my inquisitive mind a bit. Even though I'd still like to see it in person, other than to view what I've already seen, I have no other reason to be in that house. *shrug* Thanks again :)

(edited for grammar)

The Crime Scene Cleanup units dont actually save or process any of the crime scene.  In fact in most cases they dont even enter the scene until well after the police and CSI have completely finished what they need to do.  All they do is clean up (usually) anything that can be considered a biohazard.  (Blood, tissue, etc) 

I remember seeing a documentary  a couple of years ago about the crews who are hired to clean up houses after a murder or suicide takes place. I was shocked to learn that it's usually the responsibility of the next-of-kin or the inheritor to hire this service . Also--in quite a few cities there isn't a 'for hire' service for this type of situation,  so--the owner of the property just has to clean it up.

I'm assuming that in this case they are going to lowering the list price until someone buys it that doesn't have an issue with it's current condition. I would have seriously thought that the bank would have paid the crime scene cleanup guys to come in and just tacked that charge onto the listing price. It would only improved the chances of the house selling--not only due to the improved aesthetics of the property, but also because less people would question the  BLOOD on the walls. A hole in the wall or carpet missing--no one would really think of that being too strange. 

I was talking to my co-worker, who is taking forensic classes, and she said that the stuff that they use on blood splatter is HELL to clean and still shows up after it's been painted over repeatedly. The new owners are going to have their work cut out for them.

From what I have been told, crime scene clean up is rather costly so I can see why the bank wouldn't want to invest the money in that, but a couple of cans of paint can't be THAT expensive.

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=16212.msg1214345#msg1214345 date=1236997495]
    From what I have been told, crime scene clean up is rather costly so I can see why the bank wouldn't want to invest the money in that, but a couple of cans of paint can't be THAT expensive.
    [/quote]

It wouldn't hurt to slap a little paint on it but if the housing market is as bad there as they've been saying in this thread then adding it onto the price isn't going to be an option. They're going to be lucky to get out from under that place, I think.

From Facebook.

Melody (Inland Empire, CA) wrote
    at 2:18pm yesterday
    I am also convinced that Jodi is guilty. Her stories don't even make sense. Everyone else has said it much better than I ever could.

I do have a question because I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else. Did Travis have roommates at the time? 

Zion  (Salt Lake City, UT) wrote
    at 3:04pm yesterday
    Yes, but they were at work or something when it happened (the detectives verified). And Travis had a strict, "No one in my room EVER" policy, so it's not that weird that they didn't discover him. They also thought he was in Mexico.

at 10:56pm on March 11th, 2009
    This is Sky, not Zion (I'm just using his facebook account, I’m his sister). Travis would want Jodi to get the death penalty. If you don't think so, you didn't know Travis. He was king death penalty. A week before she killed him, he told her she was a fraud and an evil, horrible person (among MANY other things). He told her he knew she slashed his tires, and stole his journals. Just thought you all should know. MY OPINION, based on way more EVIDENCE, that they didn't have time to report on 48 hours (and it would take away from the "Mystery" of “48 Hours Mystery”) is that she did it regardless of what a court says.

These are not my words, they are posts from a facebook for Travis. Interesting what Sky said about what Travis told Jodi 1 week prior to his death.

http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=33785181856&page=2&hash=0305f9 c9ccd92b95636494bc08e81660
    People hate in others what they lack in themselves.

[quote author=LittleDole link=topic=16212.msg1214332#msg1214332 date=1236996873]
    I was talking to my co-worker, who is taking forensic classes, and she said that the stuff that they use on blood splatter is HELL to clean and still shows up after it's been painted over repeatedly. The new owners are going to have their work cut out for them. [/quote]

I'd be throwing some plaster over it & then probably try painting or even tile.  At the price of that house...they could remodel that entire bathroom without losing a dime.

[quote author=tawnidilly link=topic=16212.msg1214450#msg1214450 date=1237008308]
    From Facebook.

Melody (Inland Empire, CA) wrote
    at 2:18pm yesterday
    I am also convinced that Jodi is guilty. Her stories don't even make sense. Everyone else has said it much better than I ever could.

I do have a question because I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else. Did Travis have roommates at the time? 

at 3:04pm yesterday
    Yes, but they were at work or something when it happened (the detectives verified). And Travis had a strict, "No one in my room EVER" policy, so it's not that weird that they didn't discover him. They also thought he was in Mexico.

at 10:56pm on March 11th, 2009
    This is Sky, not Zion (I'm just using his facebook account, I’m his sister). Travis would want Jodi to get the death penalty. If you don't think so, you didn't know Travis. He was king death penalty. A week before she killed him, he told her she was a fraud and an evil, horrible person (among MANY other things). He told her he knew she slashed his tires, and stole his journals. Just thought you all should know. MY OPINION, based on way more EVIDENCE, that they didn't have time to report on 48 hours (and it would take away from the "Mystery" of “48 Hours Mystery”) is that she did it regardless of what a court says.

These are not my words, they are posts from a facebook for Travis. Interesting what Sky said about what Travis told Jodi 1 week prior to his death.

http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=33785181856&page=2&hash=0305f9 c9ccd92b95636494bc08e81660
    [/quote]

Funny that Travis said all those things to one person then did a complete 180 and was still sleeping with Jodi. If someone slashed my tires, I'd be plotting my revenge, not sleeping with them.

Thread Information