Page 42 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 542 1042 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Re: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=16212.msg1208938#msg1208938 date=1236579303]

And it probably was to her. Too bad this guy wasn't a virgin.
    [/quote]
    The following is my opinion, and my opinion only. It's not based on facts, and true to my MDS name I am drunk posting this:

I'm certain he was a virgin when first met Jodi.  It seems far fetched, but the more you know about the LDS church, the less far fetched it seems.

PPL is probably strongly influenced by members in the LDS.  LDS people stick together and help each other out. I'm sure that the majority of the people he sold policies to and recruited to sell under him were Mormons. You heard his fellow brethren say they didn't approve of his relationship with Jodi.  This is important because his success with prepaid legal hinged on staying in the good graces of the LDS.

Jodi jeopardized everything he worked so hard to achieve, and he had to choose between having success through his connections with the LDS church and throwing it all away to be with Jodi.  He was probably bright enough to know that if he threw it all away, Jodi would lose interest in him, fast. Moreover, by LDS standards he was a highly desirable man and Mormon girls 10 years younger than Jodi would break their pelvis to marry him. In some ways, that does make him a tool, but she was pretty much a golddigger anyway.  If you can't tell from this girl's interviews, she's got one hell of an ego and she did not like getting dumped at all.  I think she offered him FWB to stay in his life, and he had a hard time saying no.  He thought with the wrong head, and who can blame him -- she's attractive. I think she was after him for money.  Let's face it, she was a waitress/bartender and the guy was able to afford to take her on trips to see the world. He looked like a pretty good meal ticket. I think he was horny and couldn't resist what she was throwing at him. He was in a very sexually restrictive religion, was sexually frustrated, and he faltered.  It's not like he was one of those priests who molested little boys or anything like that.  This man did nothing to deserve getting shot in the face, stabbed 30 times, and have his throat slit ear to ear.
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

Every mormonI knew had sex before marriage so I guess it doesn't seem that shocking to me or that big of a deal to me when it's brough up.

When 48 hrs asked why she smiled in her mug shot, one of the reasons she gave was because she knew it would be "all over the internet, so why not smile" and that she thought" what would Travis do if he was there" and if it was Travis, he would smile!
    She just keeps shoving her foot in her mouth!!!

modified for typo
    People hate in others what they lack in themselves.

[quote author=smchargue link=topic=16212.msg1208975#msg1208975 date=1236583098]
    Every mormonI knew had sex before marriage so I guess it doesn't seem that shocking to me or that big of a deal to me when it's brough up.
    [/quote]

I grew up in Mesa and most of the "bad kids" were mormon.  They were the ones drinking,smoking and trying to have sex! Obiviously not ALL mormons were the wild children. I have a friend who is a devout mormon and her husband( a mormon ) cheated on her with someone from their church. Her 16 year old daughter ended up getting pregnant and doing drugs.

[quote author=tawnidilly link=topic=16212.msg1208982#msg1208982 date=1236583654]
    I grew up in Mesa and most of the "bad kids" were mormon.  They were the ones drinking,smoking and trying to have sex! Obiviously not ALL mormons were the wild children. I have a friend who is a devout mormon and her husband( a mormon ) cheated on her with someone from their church. Her 16 year old daughter ended up getting pregnant and doing drugs.
    [/quote]
    lol my point exactly. I dated a mormon once but when I asked why they seemed more interested in worshipping a guy name Joe rather than God. The church got REALLY mad and I had to... repent(?) for that one. 

Lets not talk about negative about the Mormons.

All religions have copious amounts of sinners because religion is a flawed concept in practice.

Plus I love the Mormons. I don't want to bring it up again for the millionth time in my life but www.mormonsexposed.com/meet.php... just roll over your mouse on their picture to the right and....

I assumed Travis wasn't born into Mormonism, but that he became one later on in life.

His two roommates told police that they believed he had gone on a vacation to Mexico. They had been living in the apartment, unaware that his body lie locked in his room.
    I don't really know the layout of his house, but I lived with three girls and never paid any attention to what they were doing.
    Maybe his roommates had no reason to go to that part of the house.

I'm also one that still thinks she could possibly be innocent.
    I always give them the benefit of the doubt and I hate that I do, I wish I could be like "GUILTY!".
    I'm just curious about the picture that has a leg in it. 
    Wasn't Jodi in some of the pictures, couldn't you see what she was wearing and if it matched whatever the leg looked like?

I also don't think there is enough evidence. I rock back and forth between this...
    Part of me is like well what if she got cut on her hand by the "real" killer...
    what if the "real" killer took the pictures on her camera
    why would the "real" killer wash the bedsheets though
    why the hell would Jodi not contact someone, that's just fucking strange.

Why weren't any of Jodi's family and friends interviewed?
    man I want to hear from that new boy of hers that she had a date with.
    I wonder if he thinks he's super lucky. :lol: Does he have a myspace?

Who was the other girl that was suppose to go on the trip with Travis?
    Is she going to testify that she was indeed going on the trip?
    I could see Jodi flipping out that he was taking someone else and not her.
    and has Jodi's e-mail been searched to see if she has any sent psycho messages to these other women?
    so many questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=SinDee link=topic=16212.msg1208994#msg1208994 date=1236584712]

All religions have copious amounts of sinners because religion is a flawed concept in practice.

Plus I love the Mormons. I don't want to bring it up again for the millionth time in my life but www.mormonsexposed.com/meet.php... just roll over your mouse on their picture to the right and....
    [/quote]

just roll over your mouse on their picture to the right and....

What am I suppose to see? It didn't do anything.
    Not beating up on the mormons, just sharing my experiences with some of them.
    Right on about all religions, just watch To catch a predator.

No offense to any religion :angel3: Gotta love them all.

[quote author=tawnidilly link=topic=16212.msg1209003#msg1209003 date=1236586510]

just roll over your mouse on their picture to the right and....

What am I suppose to see? It didn't do anything.
    Not beating up on the mormons, just sharing my experiences with some of them.
    Right on about all religions, just watch To catch a predator.

No offense to any religion :angel3: Gotta love them all.

[/quote]

OHHHHHH. Okay I got it. You have to click on one of the boys in the center and then, roll your mouse on the picture to the right :oops:

[/quote]

those can't be real mormons, I'm not buying it. :lol:
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

[/quote]

I feel dirty now, thank you. :2embarrassed: :2embarrassed:

[quote author=brie star link=topic=16212.msg1208998#msg1208998 date=1236585966]
    I assumed Travis wasn't born into Mormonism, but that he became one later on in life.

I don't really know the layout of his house, but I lived with three girls and never paid any attention to what they were doing.
    Maybe his roommates had no reason to go to that part of the house.

I'm also one that still thinks she could possibly be innocent.
    I always give them the benefit of the doubt and I hate that I do, I wish I could be like "GUILTY!".
    I'm just curious about the picture that has a leg in it. 
    Wasn't Jodi in some of the pictures, couldn't you see what she was wearing and if it matched whatever the leg looked like?

I also don't think there is enough evidence. I rock back and forth between this...
    Part of me is like well what if she got cut on her hand by the "real" killer...
    what if the "real" killer took the pictures on her camera
    why would the "real" killer wash the bedsheets though
    why the hell would Jodi not contact someone, that's just fucking strange.

Why weren't any of Jodi's family and friends interviewed?
    man I want to hear from that new boy of hers that she had a date with.
    I wonder if he thinks he's super lucky. :lol: Does he have a myspace?

Who was the other girl that was suppose to go on the trip with Travis?
    Is she going to testify that she was indeed going on the trip?
    I could see Jodi flipping out that he was taking someone else and not her.
    and has Jodi's e-mail been searched to see if she has any sent psycho messages to these other women?
    so many questions.
    [/quote]

For your first question, she was naked in all of the pictures of her taken earlier so we wouldnt know if he clothes matched the leg with the black pants in the picture.

And about the other guy. The 48 hours thing said his name was Ryan from Utah. Im assuming its this Ryan http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID =46908047. He is her friend on myspace and he is from Utah. Possibly him? And he should feel lucky!

I also wish they had interviewed her family and friends. Or if we could know if she was practicing her faith once she moved back to California. It does seem very stalkerish to change your religion once you meet someone. Not saying that it didnt move her or anything but she also could have done it knowing that Travis may not want to be with/marry someone not of his faith. Just a thought.

oh that totally looks like him, good find.

It also struck me as odd that Jodi handled questions about her sexual relationship the way an adolescent might. She used wierd terms to describe sexual situations she was in with Travis. And I got the impression that she was almost ashamed to admit that she and him were involved sexually. Anyone else, and just admitting that you had dated or were boyfriend/girlfriend would be enough to assume that you were sex partners.

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=16212.msg1209101#msg1209101 date=1236603740]
    It also struck me as odd that Jodi handled questions about her sexual relationship the way an adolescent might. She used wierd terms to describe sexual situations she was in with Travis. And I got the impression that she was almost ashamed to admit that she and him were involved sexually. Anyone else, and just admitting that you had dated or were boyfriend/girlfriend would be enough to assume that you were sex partners.
    [/quote]

why was that weird?
    It is frowned upon to have sex before marriage in the Mormon religion.
    If she is as spiritual as she portrays then she would be embarrassed by it and also feel guilt.
    She might be faking her spirituality, but that's still a part of the lie.

I can't get any fucking website to show me the full episode. The CBS one goes until just after the opening music, after they set up the scenario...and then it stops. Not to load. It stops. If I push play again, it starts from the beginning. The AOL one doesn't work, either.  :x

Always stuck in the past dementedeeyore's Avatar

Yep, [quote author=brie star link=topic=16212.msg1209066#msg1209066 date=1236597665]
    oh that totally looks like him, good find.
    [/quote]that's him. They used this picture on the show.

I'm thinking maybe he should have had her do some of the writing on his page...unless I'm missing something. From his headline: "Are you going to go out in flames, or on fire!"....What's the diff?

I think it Jodi might have gotten her idea of disguised killers from the movie The Strangers.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=16212.msg1209110#msg1209110 date=1236605826]
    I can't get any fucking website to show me the full episode. The CBS one goes until just after the opening music, after they set up the scenario...and then it stops. Not to load. It stops. If I push play again, it starts from the beginning. The AOL one doesn't work, either.  :x
    [/quote]

you couldn't watch it here?
    this is where I watched it and it worked fine for me.
    you're always having problems watching tv on the internet! :lol:
    (try internet explorer and firefox)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/48_hours/video/video.php?cid=48%20Hours/48%20Hours%20Full%20Episodes&pid=QYyZcTWw8yRjs HiKtjhZWFEjanv2oIs1&category=recent&play=t rue

[quote author=browneyes106 link=topic=16212.msg1209124#msg1209124 date=1236607820]
    I think [s]Jodi[/s] the Arias defense team might have gotten her idea of disguised killers from the movie The Strangers.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=16212.msg1208264#msg1208264 date=1236554758]
    I'm not sure what involvement she had with the organization that Travis worked for, but I think she was like a groupie or something. They said she had began talking to another guy who was an up and comer at the same company as Travis. Maybe she was just attracted to these successful, charasmatic people, and could use her looks to get them. But because she has this personality defect, she can't seem to keep hold of any of these men. And this all eventually led to murder.
    [/quote]

I think she purposely chose someone in the same circle as Travis in hopes of making Travis jealous.  When that didn't work, she killed him.

[quote author=bryanwasdrunk link=topic=16212.msg1208889#msg1208889 date=1236577137]
    48 Hours merely scratched the surface of all the bullshit this young woman has put out there. 
    [/quote]

I have a feeling there will be a more in depth follow-up show after her conviction.  I still find it weird that they even did the show prior to a trial.  She'll probably try to use it as a reason she didn't get a fair trial or something.

My Boyfriend walked in at the end of the show and "said that girl killed someone?"  He said she looks and sounds so innocent.  I don't buy her act.  

[quote author=Jeneris link=topic=16212.msg1209145#msg1209145 date=1236611048]
    I think she purposely chose someone in the same circle as Travis in hopes of making Travis jealous.  When that didn't work, she killed him.
    [/quote]
    I think so too.

Her reaction to his death didn't seem like it was the reaction of someone who lost a boyfriend. She said she cried a thousand tears for Travis already, yet I don't recall seeing any tears during her description of his murder! You'd think the vivid account of her boyfriend being murdered while she clung to him would be at least SLIGHTLY emotional for her, but nope.

Jodi's meek demeanor makes her that much more deadly. That she could brutally murder someone and then just appear to be this calm, nice little woman...And to sit there a lie and lie in the face of overwhelming evidence against her. I'm just glad she's not free to keep dating men!

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=16212.msg1209154#msg1209154 date=1236612095]
    Her reaction to his death didn't seem like it was the reaction of someone who lost a boyfriend. She said she cried a thousand tears for Travis already, yet I don't recall seeing any tears during her description of his murder! You'd think the vivid account of her boyfriend being murdered while she clung to him would be at least SLIGHTLY emotional for her, but nope.

Jodi's meek demeanor makes her that much more deadly. That she could brutally murder someone and then just appear to be this calm, nice little woman...And to sit there a lie and lie in the face of overwhelming evidence against her. I'm just glad she's not free to keep dating men!
    [/quote]
    In the beginning she said something like My Name is Jodi Arias and I am accused of killing my FRIEND Travis.  What was that all about?  Was she trying to deny that she thought they were together? 

Thread Information