Page 335 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 435 835 1335 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by nolajersey View Post
    I think it's funny that everyone is arguing about whether or not she could drag him down a hallway. None of you have ever dragged your passed out friend anywhere? I am 5"2' and I have dragged my drunk passed out guy friends into their houses from cars, into houses from their lawns and out of the bathroom after they have passed out on the floor. No one else has done this?
    I dated a drunk for a few years so I've been there. So I totally find it plausible. Especially across a slick floor. Dead weight is dead weight too, alive or not because I've been around some passed out drunks that I thought were dead.

I'm calling bullshit on everyone that talks about dragging someone of 200 pounds as if it's a cake walk. I have ceramic tile in my living room and just had both of my kids (combined weight of 205 pounds) lay side by side on the tile. I grabbed the right foot of my daughter and the left foot of my soon and started to pull. I work out every single day and have a much more defined body than Jodi. Yeah, no, she didn't drag him around that tile as if she was dragging her baby blanket behind her. About 3 feet of dragging and she's rethinking her plan, I'd put money on that. Just reinforces that I don't believe the sequence is as they present it.

gallon of *milk. Gah, I hate using this phone. Can't wait until my computer gets fixed.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Well, i don't drink so....no..but i have tried to drag my x- husband once when i beat the shit out of him.
    It wasn't easy peasy. And i am a strong big gal. I mean, solid. lol

Drake won't let me drag him across the kitchen floor.

Imagine a slip-n-slide. It'd be damn easy to drag someone around if the surface is slippery with blood and water.

Ima drag my son when he gets home! He is about 158.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Well, i don't drink so....no..but i have tried to drag my x- husband once when i beat the shit out of him.
    It wasn't easy peasy. And i am a strong big gal. I mean, solid. lol
    Yeah, it's not the easy peasy feat that some would have us to believe. Not by far.

yeah yeah...someone did say she prob threw more water on the floor. but wouldn't that have made his skin slippery as well and hard to keep a grip?

yeah yeah...someone did say she prob threw more water on the floor. but wouldn't that have made his skin slippery as well and hard to keep a grip?
    Herps for this.

People don't seem to realize that the slippery the surface is for dragging, the slippery the surface is for traction, too.

Our kids are gonna thinks we are loonies! whooo

I was thinking of flooding the kitchen floor with water and corn syrup so I can see if I can drag my 200 lb bf around, but I don't want to clean up the mess. Plus, he said, "Hell, no!" He's no fun.

Our kids are gonna thinks we are loonies! whooo
    Right?! My kids was like "Uhm, mom?"

There are drag or brushing marks on both sides of the wall. Where as I don't think she dragged him all over the place like the stick video shows, I believe at some point she dragged him away from the hallway and he crawled/brushed/stumbled against the wall in areas at a certain point. since he couldn't be on both sides of the hall at the same time. I honestly think he made it down the hall towards the bedroom twice. Anywho, sadly its all speculation because only one came out of there and she has lied and changed her story and isn't talking now.
    People hate in others what they lack in themselves.

morbidT - I see you in the thread, sorry to call you out, but since you have rescue experience I'm sure you've had your share of "dead weight", even if only by a subject being unconscious. I'm sure you've had experience with with the weight of lively bodies, too. How does it compare? And what's your take on 200 pounds being dragged by a 115 pound female? Curious from a professional standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
    morbidT - I see you in the thread, sorry to call you out, but since you have rescue experience I'm sure you've had your share of "dead weight", even if only by a subject being unconscious. I'm sure you've had experience with with the weight of lively bodies, too. How does it compare? And what's your take on 200 pounds being dragged by a 115 pound female? Curious from a professional standpoint.

I have had this argument before in this thread. I don't want to get into it all over again. I'm going to try my darndest to not respond to the offensive posts about women can't do it because, well, they're women.

I have absolutely no doubt Jodi was capable of dragging and/or carrying Travis down the hall. The adrenaline alone will do the trick.

I carry/drag 200+ lb. men. I carry charged hose lines up ladders. I carry and use heavy equipment off the truck. I even do it without the adrenaline. Women can do it. Women fire fighters have to pass the same exact physical agility test as the men do. Sooooo, if you see a female fire fighter, she has performed the same exact tasks as her male counterparts. She also performed them equally or better. At this time, I would like to brag about suffering a pulmonary embolism during fire academy and I still performed equally or better than my male counter parts.

It's easier to move bodies that aren't fighting you back. It doesn't mean a body that's fighting back can't be moved.

What most people (mostly males) fail to realize is moving a body is not about strength, it's about technique. If you are performing the task and are failing, adjust your technique. One thing you must also realize (those of you trying out theories) is you are not spewing adrenaline. Adrenaline makes things happen very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

^^^^^ well i consider that expert testimony^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I have had this argument before in this thread. I don't want to get into it all over again. I'm going to try my darndest to not respond to the offensive posts about women can't do it because, well, they're women.

I have absolutely no doubt Jodi was capable of dragging and/or carrying Travis down the hall. The adrenaline alone will do the trick.

I carry/drag 200+ lb. men. I carry charged hose lines up ladders. I carry and use heavy equipment off the truck. I even do it without the adrenaline. Women can do it. Women fire fighters have to pass the same exact physical agility test as the men do. Sooooo, if you see a female fire fighter, she has performed the same exact tasks as her male counterparts. She also performed them equally or better. At this time, I would like to brag about suffering a pulmonary embolism during fire academy and I still performed equally or better than my male counter parts.

It's easier to move bodies that aren't fighting you back. It doesn't mean a body that's fighting back can't be moved.

What most people (mostly males) fail to realize is moving a body is not about strength, it's about technique. If you are performing the task and are failing, adjust your technique. One thing you must also realize (those of you trying out theories) is you are not spewing adrenaline. Adrenaline makes things happen very easily.
    I agree with you about the men/women thing. And I also agree with you adrenalin. Those of us testing this out aren't adrenalin charged and are just the average lay person are going to have difficulty. That's the main reason I called bs on these supposed instances of just dragging 200 lb men around yards and houses as if they're carrying their purse. Also, you're trained in this area. We know nothing about technique. At least I don't. I gabbed feet and began to pull. It's not that easy and I'm a pretty tough/strong gal.

Yeah. I'm old and I can pick my 100 lb mother up off the floor and put her back in her chair (much harder than dragging someone)
    I don't understand why you wouldn't just leave him where he fell if you were going to try to tell a "ninja story" but I have no doubt you could move him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I had no idea Travis was this big. He's a lot bigger than I originally thought.
    Travis doing the chicken dance Seems like he was an insecure guy who really liked the attention Jodi gave to him. He probably never had a woman so into him and willing to do whatever he wanted as Jodi was. Must have been intoxicating for an insecure Mormon. He seemed happy go lucky though and like he had a good friendly attitude.

I'm 5-3, 105 pounds and really petite. I had a fatty bf once and I couldn't push him off me when he playfully sat on me. I have a large Irish temper, however, and it gives me extra strength. I also am very determined. I can move really heavy awkward furniture across the floor by pushing/dragging it. It's not impossible that Jodi dragged Travis' body across the floor using a blanket.

She's guilty as sin!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    ^^^^^ well i consider that expert testimony^^^^^^^

I agree with you about the men/women thing. And I also agree with you adrenalin. Those of us testing this out aren't adrenalin charged and are just the average lay person are going to have difficulty. That's the main reason I called bs on these supposed instances of just dragging 200 lb men around yards and houses as if they're carrying their purse. Also, you're trained in this area. We know nothing about technique. At least I don't. I gabbed feet and began to pull. It's not that easy and I'm a pretty tough/strong gal.

I have been trained in proper body mechanics and specific carry/drag techniques. I still believe anyone is capable of moving someone bigger than themselves. Change the technique you are using. If you go into it thinking you can't do it, then you already have your answer. I do believe it is possible for someone who has had no training. Just keep doing it until you get it. Of course Jodi didn't have all the time in the world, but she had adrenaline, she didn't need a technique because she got a whiff of strength from the adrenaline.
    I've witnessed people dragging chubby drunk people. I'm not saying their won't be ANY difficulty, but I believe it can be done. I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

he wasn't insecure, he was a motivational speaker.

i can't believe you guys are still arguing about her dragging the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    Travis doing the chicken dance Seems like he was an insecure guy who really liked the attention Jodi gave to him. He probably never had a woman so into him and willing to do whatever he wanted as Jodi was. Must have been intoxicating for an insecure Mormon. He seemed happy go lucky though and like he had a good friendly attitude.

I'm 5-3, 105 pounds and really petite. I had a fatty bf once and I couldn't push him off me when he playfully sat on me. I have a large Irish temper, however, and it gives me extra strength. I also am very determined. I can move really heavy awkward furniture across the floor by pushing/dragging it. It's not impossible that Jodi dragged Travis' body across the floor using a blanket.

She's guilty as sin!
    Lol @ fatty bf.

Travis wasn't insecure. His best friend was interviewed and said that Travis taught him confidence and that he looked up to Travis for his confidence love of life.

Such a loss of someone who appeared to be a nice, kind, genuine person. Regardless rather he was a saint or a sinner, he seemed very kind and didn't deserve what she did to him. If we were all judged by our sins, there would be no room in jail for real criminals! Just saying.
    People hate in others what they lack in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I agree. My daughter dragged a huge mattress (oversized) up the carpeted stairs to her bedroom with no help because she really really wanted that mattress. I believe Jodi could easily have dragged Travis's body down a tiled hall high on adrenaline.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Thread Information