Page 294 of 2171 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 794 1294 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 54252

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

  1. #7326
    Salty. angelaiscaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queens NYC
    Posts
    16,279
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    You guys are mean re: this witness. Poor guy didn't do anything and didn't ask for this.
    I actually feel really bad for him. IM chats with some chick, hang out once or twice, and 5 years later you have to testify in a capital murder trial? Horrible.

  2. #7327
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    Quote Originally Posted by nolajersey View Post
    I don't think anyone is meaning to be mean. I know I am not. It's just typical comments.
    Maybe not, but the mean comments about his looks, etc. make me cringe.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  3. #7328
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    haha no. It looks like if you just made a xerox without actually copying anything.

    I've had a long standing physical disability of never being able to make out a magic eye poster. I agree that it looks like a xerox. My thought was that his arm was a foot and the whole back part that is supposed to be pants was a blanket she was dragging him on.

  4. #7329
    Senior Member nolajersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    5890323
    the prosecutor is being particularly douchy today.

  5. #7330
    Administrator mydeathspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    13,572
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Maybe not, but the mean comments about his looks, etc. make me cringe.
    Why? Big deal. I called him a chubster.

  6. #7331
    Senior Member nolajersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    5890323
    I am trying hard to get the objections. I am really confused. I do see both sides.

  7. #7332
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by nolajersey View Post
    I am trying hard to get the objections. I am really confused. I do see both sides.
    I'm trying to understand the defense team by saying Travis was a flirt which I guess for some reason could provide evidence that he treated Jodi poorly or messed with her emotions.

    But I do agree that it's hearsay since this dude didn't even know Travis and he's mentioning that he heard from others that he was flirtatious, he never saw it for himself.

  8. #7333
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I actually feel really bad for him. IM chats with some chick, hang out once or twice, and 5 years later you have to testify in a capital murder trial? Horrible.
    Me too. He seems like a nice enough guy.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  9. #7334
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Why? Big deal. I called him a chubster.
    Because I have empathy and stuff.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  10. #7335
    Sana sana colita de rana beli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25,782
    Rep Power
    21474872
    regarding jodi writing all the time - i wonder if homegirl is writing notes on things happening so she could make a book out of the trial.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

  11. #7336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Surprise, Arizona
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    1091016
    This guy seems nice enough and I feel bad in that he really seems to have liked Jodi at the time and now he's caught up in a murder trial. I mean can you imagine.. she killed Travis and then went and got physical to an extent with this guy. He could be dead now too. That would so freak me out.

  12. #7337
    Senior Member nolajersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    5890323
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    I'm trying to understand the defense team by saying Travis was a flirt which I guess for some reason could provide evidence that he treated Jodi poorly or messed with her emotions.

    But I do agree that it's hearsay since this dude didn't even know Travis and he's mentioning that he heard from others that he was flirtatious, he never saw it for himself.
    Ok I get it. Even if the defense proves that Travis was a flirt what does that do? Are they going with the Flirt = murder defense?

  13. #7338
    Senior Member Harlette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    5,507
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by nolajersey View Post
    I am trying hard to get the objections. I am really confused. I do see both sides.
    i think because he just heard "rumors" travis was flirt but couldn't substantiate who - so its hear say

  14. #7339
    Salty. angelaiscaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queens NYC
    Posts
    16,279
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by nolajersey View Post
    Ok I get it. Even if the defense proves that Travis was a flirt what does that do? Are they going with the Flirt = murder defense?
    I'm thinking flirt=abuse=totally lunged at her=justifies what she did. Still makes no sense.

  15. #7340
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by nolajersey View Post
    Ok I get it. Even if the defense proves that Travis was a flirt what does that do? Are they going with the Flirt = murder defense?
    It shows that Travis wasn't a saint and could sway the jury's opinion of him as a poor, helpless victim. I say "could". There's no way there's anything they say could make that murder seem justified.

  16. #7341
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    Establishing that he flirted a lot or was a "ladies man" proves nothing. How does it not also back up the prosecutions case? Showing that Jodi was jealous and possessive and that she killed him in a jealous rage?
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  17. #7342
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    I kind of feel bad for the defense attorneys. They have nothing to work with.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  18. #7343
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Establishing that he flirted a lot or was a "ladies man" proves nothing. How does it not also back up the prosecutions case? Showing that Jodi was jealous and possessive and that she killed him in a jealous rage?
    It might convince them that she had reason to be jealous.

    Like you say, they have nothing to work with. The best they can do is try to taint the jury's view of Travis which is a hard job after what they saw and heard yesterday.

  19. #7344
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    14802
    I think her admitting to killing him, save for perhaps a diminished capacity heat-of-passion-type defense, was super dumb. She woulda been better off w ninjas. We learned from Casey Anthony the defense can just throw out a hundred plausible scenarios, and a seed of doubt in just one jurors mind is all it takes...

  20. #7345
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    It might convince them that she had reason to be jealous.

    Like you say, they have nothing to work with. The best they can do is try to taint the jury's view of Travis which is a hard job after what they saw and heard yesterday.
    Yeah, and I think a lot of people on here have said, oh, he seemed like kind of a douche, but at the same time say that there's no excuse for what she did, and that she is guilty as charged.

    I don't care how much he flirted or dated around, there is no excuse.

    Doe anyone know, was she ever offered a plea deal? Because she'd have been better off taking a plea and sitting her ass in prison for the rest of her life. But it's possible that she was never offered one.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  21. #7346
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65,551
    Rep Power
    21474914
    The other thing is that unless the defense has some amazing secret weapon witness, there's NO ONE to who is backing her allegations that he ever displayed a predisposition towards violence.

  22. #7347
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    The other thing is that unless the defense has some amazing secret weapon witness, there's NO ONE to who is backing her allegations that he ever displayed a predisposition towards violence.
    Exactly and even if someone came forward and said that he was violent towards her, I doubt it would be enough. She screwed herself over with the brutality of the murder and her behaviour afterwards.

  23. #7348
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Yeah, and I think a lot of people on here have said, oh, he seemed like kind of a douche, but at the same time say that there's no excuse for what she did, and that she is guilty as charged.

    I don't care how much he flirted or dated around, there is no excuse.

    Doe anyone know, was she ever offered a plea deal? Because she'd have been better off taking a plea and sitting her ass in prison for the rest of her life. But it's possible that she was never offered one.

    I admit I thought he came across kind of douchey. Just because of the whole MLM persona and maybe my hatred towards that whole scene since I had to deal with idiots involved in it when I was employed and doing real marketing.

    The more I hear about him and how people cared for him and how his home life sucked as a kid, I feel bad for him. He may have had a personality I probably would have found annoying, but he made a name for himself and was really trying to have a good adult life.

    The defense has absolutely nothing. I heard that they were trying to get Jodi to make a plea agreement in the beginning and the idiot refused. I think they are just grasping at straws by defaming his character and trying to make him out to be some sort of sociopath who preyed on young, innocent girls and toyed with their emotions. All while pretending to be a good Mormon (which he did default from their 'doctrine' by having pre-marital sex but that's not the point).

    It's a combination of his emotional abuse to this fragile, meek girl in addition to an apparent violent streak because of the whole 'dropping the camera' story. The Defense knows they are screwed, which is why her first lawyer pulled out of the case to begin with and then they stuck her with public defenders who only had 10 months to prepare. Self defense would be her maybe shooting him once or stabbing him out of fear but she went above and beyond the definition of overkill. She was a woman scorned and she made sure he paid for it.

    I'm going to predict now that she will receive the death penalty.
    Last edited by Kristinella; 01-09-2013 at 11:52 AM.

  24. #7349
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=zeebee;3279946]What I don't understand is if she brought the gun specifically to kill him with, why did she stab him to death and then shoot him? You'd think shooting him would have been easier. Or maybe she had the idea in the back of her head that if things didn't go her way, she'd kill him, but when she lost her shit, the gun wasn't handy but the knife was. I don't know.



    I've always heard that stabbing is more personable, since you are so close to that person while you are attacking them. IDK, just what I heard. Not that I have ever stabbed anyone.

  25. #7350
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,157
    Rep Power
    5436138
    I wonder if the prosecution will be able to show that Jodi showed signs of crazy potential murderer before Travis was in the picture. One thing I still find a little odd is the fact that it didn't take long for many of his friends to point the finger at Jodi after Travis was murdered. He told friends she was obsessed with him, slashed his tires, sent threatening emails to his gf's, yet he still thought it was a good idea to have her come visit him and sleep in bed next to her? I know sex is sex but

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •