Page 234 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 734 1234 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

The most horrific part is that he has one of those horrible stalls.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    The most horrific part is that he has one of those horrible stalls.
    My shower is almost the same size. Could be smaller. I can't wait to redo my bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Man, Jodi is starting to look bad.
    Starting to? The crossed eyes don't bother you so what finally did it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

The Jodi Arias trial, after years of delay, will finally begin January 2, 2013. In what many are already calling the trial of the year, Jodi is accused of brutally killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. Investigators say Arias shot Alexander in the face, stabbed him at least 29 times and slit his throat from ear to ear.

Arias’ story of what happened that day has changed a few times. Originally, Jodi said she wasn’t in the apartment at all. Then she changed her story saying she was there but two masked intruders burst into the home and attacked them, killing Travis. Finally, Jodi Arias admitted to killing Travis but claims she did it out of self-defense.

Jane Velez-Mitchell gives a preview of the trial.

For more on this trial and full coverage once it begins, tune into Jane Velez-Mitchell weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on HLN.
    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/12/2...ias-trial-2013

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    This case used to give me nightmares. Can't wait for the trial to start!
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I don't think this case will be like Casey Anthony. There is more evidence (physical evidence that she was AT the scene of the crime, and she's even confessed). There's a cause of death. I also don't think this will be like Mary Winkler because she didn't change her story several times (to my knowledge. I've only really read a couple news articles about it and don't remember the trial). Her defense that he was abusive was consistent (in that it didn't change from "I wasn't there and haven't spoken to him" to "ninja intruders in the middle of the day" to "Oh yeah, I did it, but he started it!")

I think there's no hope for Jodi. She's got motive (batshit jealous crazy), opportunity (there are pictures of her on the camera), and the weapon (didn't her gun go missing?)

Quote Originally Posted by nerdmiga View Post
    I don't think this case will be like Casey Anthony. There is more evidence (physical evidence that she was AT the scene of the crime, and she's even confessed). There's a cause of death. I also don't think this will be like Mary Winkler because she didn't change her story several times (to my knowledge. I've only really read a couple news articles about it and don't remember the trial). Her defense that he was abusive was consistent (in that it didn't change from "I wasn't there and haven't spoken to him" to "ninja intruders in the middle of the day" to "Oh yeah, I did it, but he started it!")

I think there's no hope for Jodi. She's got motive (batshit jealous crazy), opportunity (there are pictures of her on the camera), and the weapon (didn't her gun go missing?)
    Mary Winkler told two different stories. First, she lied and said that she and her husband had gotten into a heated argument and out of fear for her life she shot him. After she was confronted with the evidence that Matthew was sleeping when shot, she then confessed to shooting him as he lay asleep in their bed. She had motive and it wasn't being a battered wife, at least in my opinion. She was involved in a check cashing scheme that created a debt Matthew wasn't aware of. Banks were pushing her to settle these debts and was pushing her to bring Matthew into the bank. Before that could happen, he was dead. Besides that, it's kind of hard to claim self-defense when the victim was unarmed and asleep in the bed.

Jodi is batshit crazy, that's for certain. That, I think, will be what saves her from the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
    Mary Winkler told two different stories. First, she lied and said that she and her husband had gotten into a heated argument and out of fear for her life she shot him. After she was confronted with the evidence that Matthew was sleeping when shot, she then confessed to shooting him as he lay asleep in their bed. She had motive and it wasn't being a battered wife, at least in my opinion. She was involved in a check cashing scheme that created a debt Matthew wasn't aware of. Banks were pushing her to settle these debts and was pushing her to bring Matthew into the bank. Before that could happen, he was dead. Besides that, it's kind of hard to claim self-defense when the victim was unarmed and asleep in the bed.

Jodi is batshit crazy, that's for certain. That, I think, will be what saves her from the death penalty.
    Actually, though, most abused spouses kill their husbands while sleeping because they're terrified of him under any other condition. It's the only time they feel they can do it and end the cycle.

I agree with nerdmiga. This is a case of a chick who got turned into a blow job booty call and went fucking insane, to the extent of overkill. Her only hope is to be sentenced to a mental health facility over a prison.

That's more informative. Either way, did she admit to shooting him both times? I think that's my point. Jodi wouldn't even admit to SEEING the guy the day he died. Then when they were like, "uh, duh your hand print is on the wall" she was all, "Ohhhhh yeah, about that... ninjas".

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    You piqued my interest so I was reading more on Mary Winkler...I don't remember that story being so wtf. She was involved in Nigerian scam shit? And said things like: "I guess that's when my ugly came out" and then-

Winkler claimed that she only shot her husband accidentally. She said that she went to the bedroom closet and retrieved a shotgun because she wanted to force him to work through their problems. "I just wanted him to stop being so mean," she said through tears. Winkler denied she ever actually pulled the trigger, but told the jury "something went off". She heard a boom, then ran from the house because she thought he would be mad at her.

What in the actual fuck?
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    You piqued my interest so I was reading more on Mary Winkler...I don't remember that story being so wtf. She was involved in Nigerian scam shit? And said things like: "I guess that's when my ugly came out" and then-

Winkler claimed that she only shot her husband accidentally. She said that she went to the bedroom closet and retrieved a shotgun because she wanted to force him to work through their problems. "I just wanted him to stop being so mean," she said through tears. Winkler denied she ever actually pulled the trigger, but told the jury "something went off". She heard a boom, then ran from the house because she thought he would be mad at her.

What in the actual fuck?
    She was/is fucked up and got away with murder. I don't doubt their relationship had strains, but I'm not so sure it was because of him. There was no evidence to suggest he abused her. During the trial the defense created a circus. They brought out a wig, platform boots and some more shit I can't remember that Mary claimed Matthew made her wear during bedroom time. All lies in my opinion. She had a brilliant defense attorney that is known in the south for his elaborate defense strategies, who also represented her pro-bono (what most believe to have been for the publicity). After the trial she spent 6 months in a mental facility and was able to take custody back from her in-laws. She will now live happily ever after with her children.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    She was/is fucked up and got away with murder. I don't doubt their relationship had strains, but I'm not so sure it was because of him. There was no evidence to suggest he abused her. During the trial the defense created a circus. They brought out a wig, platform boots and some more shit I can't remember that Mary claimed Matthew made her wear during bedroom time. All lies in my opinion. She had a brilliant defense attorney that is known in the south for his elaborate defense strategies, who also represented her pro-bono (what most believe to have been for the publicity). After the trial she spent 6 months in a mental facility and was able to take custody back from her in-laws. She will now live happily ever after with her children.
    Yeah, that is fucked. I wonder wtf the in-laws think?
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

And yea, she was cornered up in the Nigerian scam. That was her motive for murdering him. The banks were at the end of their rope with Mary and informed her she had a certain amount of time to get Matthew in the bank or they would be contacting him themselves. The shooting shortly followed. She can't be too bright, considering she got caught up in that shit.

Opening statements begin day after tomorrow.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    By bad I mean being found guilty. She doesn't actually look bad at all!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    By bad I mean being found guilty. She doesn't actually look bad at all!
    She's got a wonky eye with a death stare.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    She's got a wonky eye with a death stare.

Yea, 2/10. Would not bang.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Any of you peeps know if this will be shown online? Or do I have to hog the dvr... I want to be able to watch/listen to it at work

Quote Originally Posted by andrea0121 View Post
    Any of you peeps know if this will be shown online? Or do I have to hog the dvr... I want to be able to watch/listen to it at work
    I would think HLN and/or TruTv will probably have a live feed, but I'm not certain.

I thought it was supposed to be live streamed somewhere. HLN, maybe?

I think the stations in AZ might be streaming it live.. Won't really know until the morning of the 2nd though..
    Here are some links to hang onto for that very reason.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/tab/live#...ive/cvpstream1
    http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/...live-streaming
    http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=148713635&sec=507127

Uggggh that shower. After following this stupid thing for 5 years, seeing it really turned my stomach.

The madness starts tomorrow. I'm sure she's sitting in her cell right now basking in all of the attention she will be getting.

First mainstream media article somewhat favorable to Jodi (or rather unfavorable to Travis).
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ath-lover.html

Thread Information