Page 216 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 716 1216 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Nah, I just remembered wrong because this page is 215 pages.
    200 of which are randos begging to see the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by whackjob View Post
    200 of which are randos begging to see the pics.
    I'm more interested to see the nekkid "Before" pics.

I think the "After" pics might be too much for me. I can handle the Disgusting Pictures thread but I've been reading about poor Travis and seeing his picture for four years now. It would be upsetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by SheStartedIt View Post
    The Court has considered the defendant?s Motion to Preclude the State from Arguing
    Lack of Remorse During any Potential Penalty Phase. The State did not file a response. Pursuant
    to Rule 35.1(a), Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, the motion is deemed submitted on the record.

The Arizona Supreme Court has held a prosecutor?s comment, made in closing argument
    during the penalty phase, that the defendant did not express remorse for the crime was not an
    improper comment on the defendant?s right to remain silent. Rather, the argument was fair
    rebuttal to the defendant?s allocution.

Whether the State will be allowed to argue in closing argument during the penalty phase
    that the defendant has not shown any remorse will be determined following the close of evidence
    in that phase.

IT IS ORDERED deferring ruling on this motion until the penalty phase, if any, occurs.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...2/m5404143.pdf
    I'm more interested in what's going on in the Sept 24 Hearing:
    State's Motion for Unredacted Copy of Expert's Notes on 9/24/2012 at 10:00 a.m. before this division.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...2/m5410038.pdf

If the "expert" is a psychiatrist/psychologist who examined Jodi, the un-redacted notes would fall under doctor-patient privilege, and the State would have no right to them.
    However, there is apparently an exception to both doctor-patient privilege and even attorney-client privilege according to the Arizona Prosecuting Attorney's office , last pdf on the page.

The pdf mentions a New York case saying this:
    A plea of innocence by reason of insanity constitutes a complete and effective waiver by the defendant of any claim of privilege.
    If this is what's going on, and Jodi is claiming some kind of mental breakdown/defect/insanity, then the it might be possible that her previous attorneys may just end up testifying against her. I know it's a stretch, but wouldn't that be wild?

ETA: I said it before, she's going to eventually go with an insanity defense, and it will be the move that puts her in checkmate
    Last edited by bryanwasdrunk; 09-11-2012 at 09:21 PM.

There was an ORAL argument scheduled for yesterday and there is a Status Conference set for the 27th.

We are only 54 days away!

you are 13 years old, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    you are 13 years old, Mike.
    This is true for the most part!

An interesting Minute Entry has been posted on the Court Website:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...2/m5438578.pdf

The court has considered the Defendant's Motion to Reconsider its ruling on Defendant's Motion to Preclude the State from Arguing Lack of Remorse During any Potential Sentencing Phase filed September 10, 2012. In that pleading, Defendant argues she intends to assert at trial that she acted in self-defense and that her actions were justified. If she is convicted, Defendant will continue to assert she is not guilty at all phases of her trial. Consequently, Defendant argues, the State should not be permitted to comment on her assertions of innocence by arguing her lack of remorse. As support for her position, Defendant relies on State v. Trujillo, 227 Ariz. 314 (App. 2011) and State v. Hardwick, 183 Ariz. 649, 935 P.2d 1384 (1995). In both cases, the trial court, during sentencing, noted the defendant's lack of remorse. In both cases, the appellate courts concluded considering lack of remorse when a defendant claims innocence violates the defendants' Fifth Amendment rights under the United States Constitution.

In its Objection to Defendant's Motion to Preclude the State from Arguing Lack of Remorse During Any Potential Sentencing Phase, filed September 4, 2012, the State argues that once the defendant is convicted of murder, the State may properly comment on her lack of remorse as fair rebuttal to her allocution, citing State v. Cota, 229 Ariz. 16, 272 P.3d 1027, 1043 (2012).

Since this court does not know how the facts at trial will unfold or what the parties will argue, the Court is deferring its ruling on this issue. The parties will be given an opportunity to argue this issue before the State makes any comment on the defendant's lack of remorse during any sentencing phase.

IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion for Reconsideration filed September 10, 2012.

Ha, they are like.. "Let's see the trial start before we get to this madness."

Which will be never.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Ha, they are like.. "Let's see the trial start before we get to this madness."

Which will be never.
    Exactly. I wish some of my friend were as equally into this story as I am, so I could have a big trial party. If I had one now it'd just be me and my dog. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    I'm more interested to see the nekkid "Before" pics.

I think the "After" pics might be too much for me. I can handle the Disgusting Pictures thread but I've been reading about poor Travis and seeing his picture for four years now. It would be upsetting.
    Believe me, you don't want to see them. There is no coming back from that.
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn.

This article made me laugh.

"Victim's sister: Jodi Arias smiles at me in court" - http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/09/2...miles-me-court

Batshit Jodi.

Wait.. there have been court proceedings and none of it is televised??

RYAN BURNS FINALLY SPEAKS!

Hall says in hindsight, he saw the warning signs, but he didn't believe Arias was capable of murder. He saw Arias the day after Alexander?s death, and thought her behavior was strange. "Ryan [Burns] who lives real close to me, right here in Utah, she started hooking up with him, and so she drove straight from Travis' house up here to have a little make-out session with my buddy up here. Now, he's going to have to testify in court, so there's not a lot he can say to that, but she was up here for her booty call after butchering another human being, and the weird thing is, we were inviting her to go out four-wheeling with us the next day."

Burns confirms Arias did visit him, but he clarifies, "When he says hooking up, he is saying ?Utah Mormon hooking up,? hanging out, maybe going on a date. Maybe not the national understanding of hooking up and getting it on. We never had any sexual anything. That had nothing to do with it. She was coming to get to know me and to hang out."

Hall says part of what seemed so odd about Arias was the way she was dressed. "It's June and she had a long-sleeve shirt on and it's 100 degrees. She had a long-sleeve shirt on and she had bandages on her hand but her hair was completely different. She went from a blonde to a brunette. So, there were three major changes in her appearance. Now, the blonde to brunette, we're like. 'Wow. OK. That's dramatic.' But the long-sleeve shirt ? I'm just sitting here thinking, 'Man, I am doing everything I can to cool down, I could never wear long sleeves.'"

Burns says he still finds it hard to imagine that Arias could have killed Alexander and then come to Utah to hang out with him and his friends the next day. "I don't see how she could have killed somebody and said it was self-defense and come and acted normal with me the whole day. There is obviously something wrong if she is saying a murder actually happened and then she spent an entire day hanging out with us and all of our friends after somebody had just been killed. I mean, whichever story she had gone with, the self-defense, the burglary, the 'I wasn't there.' I mean she's had so many stories now, no matter what it was, the way she acted ? the only story that would have fit with that, if it was true, was that she was not there. Because the story that she's given now, saying she was defending herself or something horrible happened, I just don't see how she could have acted the way she did."
    http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2012/...ller-or-victim

Except if she is batshit. Then, you know... She could have.

what does jodi ann arias murdering Travis Alexander have to do with Mormons believe

Whatever else folks around Askville like to claim, only very few (one right now that I know of) think murder is part of the religion. The current iteration of Mormonism isn't one of them. That said, what we are stuck with is the research (work) necessary to realize that humans will CLAIM God's support for their ridiculous choices whether or not that choice is anything God would do. Murder is one of them. Folks whine about the Israelites entering the Promised Land and killing the Canaanites; read the Book of Leviticus and the Book of Deuteronomy to realize what these Canaanites were doing and that the Israelites were the divinely ordained executioners of convited murderers.
    That is how God feels about murder. For Jodi Ann Arias (note spelling) to murder Travis Alexander and claim divine mandate is merely an attempt to dodge judgment for a crime. No one dodges God.
    did i miss something, or did she at one point also claim that god made her do it?
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

You missed something.

i do remember something about threatening letters to the new girlfriend saying god won't tolerate sin and there would be a price to pay if she was ever to be found sleeping under the same roof as travis... but i don't remember her ever saying it was god that made her kill him.

that's story number 237 and counting, i guess.

so, mid november then?

did i miss something, or did she at one point also claim that god made her do it?
    I have no idea what that dude is talking about, except maybe Mormonism in general. I don't think that Jodi Arias ever claimed that God made her kill Travis Alexander.

I think what he might be referring to is the book Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer in which he explored the FLDS beliefs and a murder in which an FLDS member claimed God sent him a revelation to murder a woman and her child.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

well, that makes much more sense.

"When he says hooking up, he is saying "Utah Mormon hooking up," hanging out, maybe going on a date. Maybe not the national understanding of hooking up and getting it on. We never had any sexual anything.
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

One month guise! According to Travis' FB page, it's looking like it will go ahead this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long does this type of trial usually go for?

I can't believe that she still hasn't gone to trial. This was the first thread that I really took interest in when I joined MDS. (Before I went away for a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    One month guise! According to Travis' FB page, it's looking like it will go ahead this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casey Anthony's trial lasted a little over a month. OJ's trial lasted 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

The way her side is playing, it is going to drag out as long as possible. They have already done everything that they could to prevent the trial from actually starting, there is no way they are not going to make the actual trial a circus either.

I forsee a change in her representation again sometime during the trial. Or something will happen..

Not sure if this has been posted back in the 200+ pages, but I read them all and I don't remember seeing this tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0BcbglWopb8

His sister posted that on her Facebook as her favorite tribute to him cuz it had video footage of Eddie Snell. It's videos like this that make me even more certain I would never wanna see those crime scene photos. :( He seemed like a really good/funny/genuine dude.

I hope she fries.

Thread Information