Page 2121 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 1121 1621 2021 2071 2111 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2131 ... LastLast
Results 53,001 to 53,025 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by VioletPlanet View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it...I think it was pretty obvious to Travis and all that he confided to and saw her in action (under the Christmas tree etc.) how serious this stalking behavior was.
    What you still fail to take into consideration is the possibility that at some point, Jodi turned vicious and was blackmailing Travis to continue that relationship. You seem to assume that after she moved to Yreka that she and Travis were humping every weekend. I don't know if that's true. I'm not sure how often she went back down to Arizona, but if she was on a limited budget, I can't imagine that she was driving over a thousand miles every weekend for sex.

Of course, this is Jodi. So maybe she would have driven every weekend to visit Travis.

It's crass, and truly unfair, to sit here and suggest that "If only Travis had been smarter/more responsible/a better person/not a sex fiend/whatever, then he would still be alive". Unless you have some psychic abilities, I don't think you'd know at all that Travis would have survived, even if he had done everything 'right'. With a personality like Jodi's, I'm not sure he could have done ANYTHING without her going crazy on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Violet...any way you say it you are placing blame on Travis.
    Batman, you are so wrong....I don't understand how you cannot understand what I am saying. I was stalked. I know what saved me. Why the resistance? Is it a personal issue?

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I couldn't manage to bring up the bracelet in question on eBay but I would highly doubt its authenticity.
    Here is the link; you have to be logged in to eBay to see closed auctions. Then click on item details. The seller just registerd March 22,13 and is in Sun City,AZ. Where Donovan and/or friends burned down a dental office.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jodi-Arias-A...p2047675.l2557
    If you just type in stabby's name in a search window, all kinds of stuff comes up; even more comes up when you click 'sold items' above the list. you can look at seller's feedback to see if buyer was happy or not. Not all transactions end with a legit buyer in instances like this. Fake bidders could lurk.

No of course, he could not know for sure...but his behavior knowing what he knew fueled the fire..... that's it. I have been stalked myself. How did I get away.... I stopped ENGAGING.....and contacted the authorities when I could no longer handle it myself. The man who was stalking me is now in prison. I lived because I did not engage any longer early on. Travis engaged repeatedly, he died. This engagement does not make him responsible for his own death. It makes him responsible for purposefully ignoring the signs that could have saved his life.
    Lord I hope this doesn't double post. My apologies if it does. There is something going haywire with posting today.

Ok Violet. I hear you. I know exactly to what you're referring to.
    Why did he continue to entertain a stalker?
    Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't know what she was capable of. He's not a psychiatrist and his experience with women was pretty stunted because of his faith. The women he dated were nothing like Jodi. He didn't know. He'd never experienced this level of crazy. I believe he did care for her and had trouble saying "no". Perhaps she manipulated him into thinking that she was moving on with Ryan and she just wanted one last roll in the hay. Could he have seen this as a relief? Finally, this one last time and then she'll be off with some other dude and I can finally move on with my life. We cannot blame him for the choices he made because we do not know what the reason was behind his choices. We don't even know what the heck happened that last day. What was said, etc. We can know this for sure. He wanted to live. He was excited about his future.
    If he expected that there was a possibility that Jodi was going to kill him that day, he wouldn't have let his guard down for a moment. But he did let his guard down. Why? There must be a reason why because this man wanted to live. What was said? What happened? We don't know. So, please, let's give this fella the benefit of the doubt. He's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

No of course, he could not know for sure...but his behavior knowing what he knew fueled the fire..... that's it. I have been stalked myself. How did I get away.... I stopped ENGAGING.....and contacted the authorities when I could no longer handle it myself. The man who was stalking me is now in prison. I lived because I did not engage any longer early on. Travis engaged repeatedly, he died. This engagement does not make him responsible for his own death. It makes him responsible for purposefully ignoring the signs that could have saved his life.
    Lord I hope this doesn't double post. My apologies if it does. There is something going haywire with posting today.

Ok Violet. I hear you. I know exactly to what you're referring to.
    Why did he continue to entertain a stalker?
    Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't know what she was capable of. He's not a psychiatrist and his experience with women was pretty stunted because of his faith. The women he dated were nothing like Jodi. He didn't know. He'd never experienced this level of crazy. I believe he did care for her and had trouble saying "no". Perhaps she manipulated him into thinking that she was moving on with Ryan and she just wanted one last roll in the hay. Could he have seen this as a relief? Finally, this one last time and then she'll be off with some other dude and I can finally move on with my life. We cannot blame him for the choices he made because we do not know what the reason was behind his choices. We don't even know what the heck happened that last day. What was said, etc. We can know this for sure. He wanted to live. He was excited about his future.
    If he expected that there was a possibility that Jodi was going to kill him that day, he wouldn't have let his guard down for a moment. But he did let his guard down. Why? There must be a reason why because this man wanted to live. What was said? What happened? We don't know. So, please, let's give this fella the benefit of the doubt. He's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

So...he was irresponsible and again....DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK HE KNEW HE WOULD BE MURDERED????

It does not matter how anyone paints the picture!!! He is not responsible for his death, only one person is!
    I dont think Travis had a clue that he was in danger. Its very easy to say he should have changed his phone number or moved. He had a business that most likely required his phone number be known. He owned his home and the real estate bubble was bursting in Arizona. This is blaming the victim pure and simple.

dimedropper
    granted Travis thought with his wrong head and I felt alot like you did but as relationships like this one happen everyday this chick killed him for it.Others get their stuff thrown out on the front lawn.Do I think she was mind fucked.yea I do but she took it to an extreme by taking his life.
    Please re-read what I wrote and think of Jodi as the psychopathic stalker that she is/was? The worst of humanity in a pretty girl disguise just trying to get what she wanted, no empathy, no sympathy, no sense of common human decency and respect. Of course, she is going to TRY and make Travis jealous by revealing to him that she is dating other men. This behavior is part of her DESPERATE manipulation tactic to get what she wants from him. It did NOT work. I am not holding Travis responsible for THIS RELATIONSHIP at all. I am holding Travis responsible for his irresponsible behavior when he knew full-well he was dealing with a stalker, but proceeded to engage her regardless. It's that simple. I cannot make it any clearer. He messed with an unstable woman who HE KNEW was unstable, who was obviously stalking him..... That's it~

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    It's crass, and truly unfair, to sit here and suggest that "If only Travis had been smarter/more responsible/a better person/not a sex fiend/whatever, then he would still be alive".
    It's also true.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    It's funny how you have to keep saying that a million times, and still everyone thinks you are blaming Travis, even though you are not. You are making some very good points.

Travis made mistakes and I think he had the power to save his own life with different choices. That doesn't make him responsible for his own death, or deserving of murder, but it's a lesson to all of us to be careful.

Thank you Coconut. You get it too. If anything, this Jodi Arias Case will open the doors for all ( men/women) to take stalkers seriously....to NOT justify, deny and engage with them. I am hopeful that Travis's family can start some new anti-stalking law to make it easier for victims of stalkers to come forward and...to make it easier to prosecute stalkers.

Batman, you are so wrong....I don't understand how you cannot understand what I am saying. I was stalked. I know what saved me. Why the resistance? Is it a personal issue?
    It is not a personal issue...I too left a horribly abusive relationship...it can be done and not easily for the most part. I do understand what you are saying to an extent! And you continue to say that if he had only "changed his behavior!" It appears he was really trying! He was in repentance with Bishop before he was killed he was avoiding her! She came to him!! He did not go to her! She came to him! She was the instigator. Who really knows what happened that day...maybe he didn't want to have sex....maybe like other's have said, "it was easier to appease her!" Bottom line is that no matter what he did or did not do he did not deserve any of this. Prostitutes engage in high risk life style behavior for A LOT of different reasons....do they deserve to die?

And Violet, I wish Travis had your street smarts. He'd be alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I dont think Travis had a clue that he was in danger.
    He joked with friends about her killing him. He called her a sociopath. He told others he had a stalker. I think he sensed danger but ignored it (sex? pride? foolishness?).

For some reason he did not take the threat seriously enough to shut her out of his life completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Missmandy9 View Post
    It's actually only a couple secs.

I give up...here's the link:

http://youtu.be/P4uH_fSBbgM?t=1h28m29s
    Thanks! I wish the camera guy could keep the camera rolling until Jodi leaves the courtroom. Just that couple seconds it really seems like she's "in charge".

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Jodi would've preferred a protein shake to a protein bar; alas, no volunteers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I think she's implying that jizz isn't just for facials anymore...
    Could that be what Jodi is so busily writing every day in court with her lil pencils (4 or 5 yesterday, all lined up in front of her!)--her new book? Tentatively titled 'Jizz--It's Not Just For Skin Care Anymore'??

Would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

He joked with friends about her killing him. He called her a sociopath. He told others he had a stalker. I think he sensed danger but ignored it (sex? pride? foolishness?).

For some reason he did not take the threat seriously enough to shut her out of his life completely.
    None of the above means he feared JA or thought he was in danger. He was leaving the relationship, IMHO that was what got him killed.

Thank you Coconut. You get it too. If anything, this Jodi Arias Case will open the doors for all ( men/women) to take stalkers seriously....to NOT justify, deny and engage with them.
    It's an unpopular opinion, and it tends to provoke an emotional response, but I think it's true. I don't understand how so many people are translating "Travis should have listened to his instincts and cut Jodi off cold turkey" into "Travis was a douchebag who provoked his own death and fully deserved to be stabbed in the heart." They are making up a false agrument, and attacking you the same way Martinez attacks: relentlessly and repetitively. How many times can you say he didn't deserve to die? If people fail to read what you are actually typing, and react with emotion, there's not much you can do.

I can only guess they are projecting their own emotions on the situation, or that we make people into saints after they die. Who knows.

It is not a personal issue...I too left a horribly abusive relationship...it can be done and not easily for the most part. I do understand what you are saying to an extent! And you continue to say that if he had only "changed his behavior!" It appears he was really trying! He was in repentance with Bishop before he was killed he was avoiding her! She came to him!! He did not go to her! She came to him! She was the instigator. Who really knows what happened that day...maybe he didn't want to have sex....maybe like other's have said, "it was easier to appease her!" Bottom line is that no matter what he did or did not do he did not deserve any of this. Prostitutes engage in high risk life style behavior for A LOT of different reasons....do they deserve to die?
    No, prostitutes do not deserve to die for their high risk behaviors. Sex is a job that they choose to get paid for. Totally different, you cannot compare a prostitute's risky behavior to Travis's risky behavior. Totally different.

OK, Batman I can only say this one more time and I am going to scream up from the roof tops. HE ALLOWED HER TO COME. HE ALLOWED HER INTO HIS HOUSE, HE ALLOWED HIMSELF TO HAVE SEX WITH HER ON THE DAY OF HIS DEATH. HE CONTINUED A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER.... He was an adult man....a smart man...

I cannot say anymore than that. If you don't understand, or choose not to understand I cannot convince you. We shall have to agree to disagree.

Must take a break....this is all very emotional for me...as a stalking victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    None of the above means he feared JA or thought he was in danger. He was leaving the relationship, IMHO that was what got him killed.
    Leaving a relationship? Is that why he slept with her hours before his death? If he wanted to leave the relationship, he should have never had sex with her that day, invited her into his house, talked to her, engaged with her in any way, shape or form...period. By this time, he should have had a restraining order instituted. No doubt

could've, would've, should've

Travis could have said, NO WAY and did not. He chose to continually have sex with someone he did not love enough to marry. Someone who he knew was stalking him. Someone who he knew wanted a solid commitment that he could not give. Why could he not give this commitment? Because he KNEW she was unstable and did not want this kind of person in his life in a permanent and serious way. Hence, the secret relationship after the fake break-up. This is the bottom line, people. These actions do not make Travis a bad person or an abuser of any kind. What this behavior says to me, is that this man wanted to have sex with her without a commitment. I wonder if he told her this. On his last day on earth, knowing she was stalking him, knowing that she was obsessed with him, knowing that he was not about to marry her or even take her seriously as a permanent mate, he still CHOSE to satisfy his desires. This is on HIM, not HER.
    One time is enough after the move, for a psychopathic stalker....
    And BTW all, this obviously does not make Travis someone who deserved his ultimate fate. What this does say to me, if I am honest as an objective viewer, is that Travis CHOSE not to take care of himself knowing full well the evidence that he admitted he confronted. Remember all, he knew, he knew....who THIS WOMAN WAS.....he knew...but proceeded to tempt fate regardless. Such a tragedy.
    Please re-read what I wrote and think of Jodi as the psychopathic stalker that she is/was? The worst of humanity in a pretty girl disguise just trying to get what she wanted, no empathy, no sympathy, no sense of common human decency and respect. Of course, she is going to TRY and make Travis jealous by revealing to him that she is dating other men. This behavior is part of her DESPERATE manipulation tactic to get what she wants from him. It did NOT work. I am not holding Travis responsible for THIS RELATIONSHIP at all. I am holding Travis responsible for his irresponsible behavior when he knew full-well he was dealing with a stalker, but proceeded to engage her regardless. It's that simple. I cannot make it any clearer. He messed with an unstable woman who HE KNEW was unstable, who was obviously stalking him..... That's it~
    Not at all Batman.... I have no superpowers. You are the one who named himself after a superhero, not me. I don't blame Travis for anything other than giving into his sexual desires to someone he knew was a stalker, someone to whom he complained to his friends about. Someone who he made clear to his friends, that he wanted to get away from. This is a fact based on those closest to him that we have seen thus far and some of his text messages. No way around it. Sorry. I really wish it were different. I really do. Why do you think this case is sooooo tragic? Here was a man who had everything....a bright future, a life, loved by all....but he chose to continue a highly sexual relationship with A STALKER.
    Hi,

I am not saying that Travis was responsible for his death. I am saying ( which I illustrate quite clearly in my previous comments) that Travis stayed in a relationship with someone he knew and admitted to his friends, was stalking him. That's it. What could be the consequences of such a decision....especially where sex is involved? What could be the consequences? They were obviously not, good, were they?
    I had to... because you said, I had superpowers....How could I resist? :) He broke it off...but kept seeing her and having sex with her....come on. The evidence of this is clear. It takes 2 to continue a relationship. He continued it as well.
    I wouldn't doubt it...I think it was pretty obvious to Travis and all that he confided to and saw her in action (under the Christmas tree etc.) how serious this stalking behavior was.
    Thank you, Thank you... thank you... you get it....Travis was in no way responsible for his own death. He is responsible for not taking care of himself re: someone he knew and admitted was unstable. That's all. I am in no way blaming him for his murder. I am blaming him for NOT stopping at the red light.
    The only thing Travis is culpable for is ignoring his own intuition and fears.....re: this woman. See my previous posts. I hope you understand what I mean. I am not blaming Travis at all for what happened to him. I am blaming him for avoiding the stalking signs that were clear to him and his close friends. How often is it when people come upon a murder scene that they immediately mention a name that could be responsible for their loved ones death? The only way they got this information was thru Travis and thru their observations of Jodi with Travis. The stalking was OBVIOUS...but yet Travis continued to ENGAGE.....
    It does sound, to me anyway, like you believe Travis deserved it because he chose to carry on; imo he did not choose to, nor did he let her in, she let herself in. most stalkers do not kill. even if he had called police (he did call on the tire slashing but after waiting four hours for police, he left. there is record of the call and what it was for) and told her to keep away, which i think he did, does not mean she could not still have killed him. her mind was set after the break up.

if they had sex on June 4th, it was after she had been there a while. maybe he did tell her again what his goal was, and maybe she said let's have one more romp and then be done and move on. it would not have mattered if he had sex that day or not. she did not kill him for having sex with her and leading her on, he was up front with her that he wanted to date and was looking for a wife and she was not the one. he was in a catch 22 because she literally would not leave him alone. Travis was not the instigator after the break up.

Men and women have had sex without committment throughout time, and while it is immoral to many, it does not deserve death. Obviously if he thought she was there to kill him, he would not have let her stay; he could have called police if she would not leave. She would get out on bail and still be able to kill him in the dead of night. Whether he kept seeing her or not, he was doomed. I think we all know where you stand from the above posts, no need to respond.
    Last edited by Poppycock; 03-27-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Operative word there being "joked." And I agree that he may have not taken what was going on seriously...maybe it was a sheer sense of denial..."could this really be happening to me?"

Operative word there being "joked." And I agree that he may have not taken what was going on seriously...maybe it was a sheer sense of denial..."could this really be happening to me?"

Let's ask ALL the murder victims if they KNEW they were going to be murdered! Oops that's right we can't, because they're DEAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    He didn't know what she was capable of.
    He knew she slashed his tires, and followed him on dates. Has anyone here ever had sex with someone after they slashed their tires twice? I'd be afraid of getting slashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    He's not a psychiatrist and his experience with women was pretty stunted because of his faith.
    But he did know enough to mock her to his other dates, kind of make a negative example of her. And he also had the input of all the people around him, telling him she was crazy, evil so forth. He was banned from bringing her to a friend's house. And since none of the other women he dated acted this way, he knew it was not normal.

I'd say the red flags were bright and visible.

Even though it may be factually correct that Travis could have acted differently with regard to his impressions of Jodi, I don't see the point of beating a dead horse on this point.

We all get it. He could have made other choices.

What is the point of going over this again and again and again?

Thread Information