Page 2113 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 1113 1613 2013 2063 2103 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2123 ... LastLast
Results 52,801 to 52,825 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    No, Juan cannot recall Stabby to the stand for his rebuttal cse. It would violate her 5th amendment rights
    i think once jodi made her decision to testify she gave up all her 5th amendment rights - its an all or nothing type of thing, she can't pick what she wants to plead the 5th on

So the the purple ribbons that JA's supporters are wearing are in support of domestic violence victims.

Hypocritical in the case of mama arias no?

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Men are very capable of turning down sex, for a variety of reasons. There's nothing less attractive than a woman who thinks she can get her way with what's in her pants. Last I checked, that's how a whore makes a living.

They both enjoyed the sex. The pictures and emails and texts show that. It's a big reason why they stayed together and it never really ended - neither could find a sexual partner who was a better fit. Emotionally, they were not a match, but in bed they definitely were. If Travis was abused and manipulated into having sex with a woman, that would make him the first and only man in the world that's happened to.

Imagine this scenario:

Jodi shows up unannounced at Travis's house and sneaks in the door. Travis says hey Jodi, haven't seen you in a while, this is a surprise. Is everything ok? Thanks for the check, that's really nice of you. Sleep on the couch tonight, and have a safe trip to Ryan Burns' house tomorrow. He's a great guy and I think you will really get along. I'm happy for you. I'll be upstairs in my bedroom. You can't stay with me because I'm repenting with the bishop and staying chaste and looking for a wife. I'm sure Ryan would appreciate it too - save it for him. Just let yourself out in the morning, I'll be at work.

I don't think he would have died. I believe it was the combination of having sex with Jodi (she interprets this as 'he still wants me for a relationship') then telling her afterward he won't change the Cancun plans (Jodi feels jilted and use). At this point she goes through with her plan to kill him, and was lucky enough he went into the shower when no one else was in the house.
    Oh yeah sure. Because Jodi brought a knife and a gun with her simply just for funsies. Unless you're going to tell me now that you actually believe that both the gun and the knife belonged to Travis now.

Travis was dead, no matter what happened that day in Arizona. She came down with a plan to kill him, and she succeeded. There's a reason she didn't tell anyone she was going to AZ. There's a reason she borrowed gas cans, and bought another. There's a reason why she lied about where she'd been, and why she'd tried to cover her tracks.

And no, I will never buy the idea that she was just sneaking down to AZ to try to talk to him one more time. People do not drive a thousand miles to "just talk". She went there to kill him.

The ONLY way he would have lived that day is (maybe) if he had said that he would give their relationship a serious try. But I don't think so. I truly believe, based on the slashing of the tires, that if he hadn't died June 4th, he would have died another day at her hands. She was obssessed with him. She saw him as property. And she destroyed him.

chriswnews While awaiting #JodiArias: @courtpio: Dzevad Selimovic pled guilty 1st degree murder. Judge Stephens gave him natural life in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Why would Alyce quote a secondary source like Dr. Oz? Oz is a cardiac surgeon not a research psychiatrist or neurologist? Dr. Oz best stick to endorsing nutraceuticals for rapid weight loss than implying he is an expert on the female brain. There is an entire class of stellar neuropsych researchers whose work on the female brain and the female stress response have informed practitioners. Female stress response is not fight or flight, its tend and befriend.

Female practitioners who claim to uplift women and then select substandard secondary and/or popular medical personalities to explain the females' maladaptive behavior make me crazy! This tells me that Alyce is working hard to convince the jury of JA's innocence based upon a faulty understanding of women who kill. research for women who kill is overpopulated with studies of women killing an abusive intimate partner in self defense. Well, Alyce just because JA is a killing female does not mean she is the patron saint of dv! Open you mind Alyce!

The defense asks us to believe the unbelievable. The disparity of research on women who kill equals only one explanation for JA's behavior? Could it have do with JA's poor executive functioning along with a recent decent into poverty and its resultant decrease in social status? There's so many explanations, Alyce!

Makes me wanna holler!
    B]Female stress response is not fight or flight, its tend and befriend. [/B] can you elaborate???

Imagine this scenario:

Jodi shows up unannounced at Travis's house and sneaks in the door. Travis says hey Jodi, haven't seen you in a while, this is a surprise. Is everything ok? Thanks for the check, that's really nice of you. Sleep on the couch tonight, and have a safe trip to Ryan Burns' house tomorrow. He's a great guy and I think you will really get along. I'm happy for you. I'll be upstairs in my bedroom. You can't stay with me because I'm repenting with the bishop and staying chaste and looking for a wife. I'm sure Ryan would appreciate it too - save it for him. Just let yourself out in the morning, I'll be at work.

I don't think he would have died. I believe it was the combination of having sex with Jodi (she interprets this as 'he still wants me for a relationship') then telling her afterward he won't change the Cancun plans (Jodi feels jilted and use). At this point she goes through with her plan to kill him, and was lucky enough he went into the shower when no one else was in the house.
    Hindsight is 20/20. We have all had experiences we could have handled better and said what if. But we are still here. Poor judgement is not a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i think once jodi made her decision to testify she gave up all her 5th amendment rights - its an all or nothing type of thing, she can't pick what she wants to plead the 5th on
    She isn't Juan's witness to recall, and on cross he didn't reserve any rights to recall her in any way.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Men are very capable of turning down sex, for a variety of reasons. There's nothing less attractive than a woman who thinks she can get her way with what's in her pants. Last I checked, that's how a whore makes a living.

They both enjoyed the sex. The pictures and emails and texts show that. It's a big reason why they stayed together and it never really ended - neither could find a sexual partner who was a better fit. Emotionally, they were not a match, but in bed they definitely were. If Travis was abused and manipulated into having sex with a woman, that would make him the first and only man in the world that's happened to.

Imagine this scenario:

I think there is a lot of speculation on what Travis could have done to save himself. Bottom line is if you are dealing with a jealous stalker type, it is not always that easy to get away from them. My brother-in-law saw a girl for 6 months and broke up with her because she was obsessive and crazy. She has since shown up at his house in the middle of the night, Facebooked his whole family including me, faked being pregnant, told him that he was wanted in connection with a breakin at her house...the list goes on. Sometimes, you get sort of blackmailed into shit. It's easier to deal with the jealous stalker than to have her turn your whole world upside down. Here is another scenario: What is Jodi was blackmailing Travis to keep seeing her. She could have told him that she would tell his bishop, friends and family about their sexual acts if he did not conform.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Dear Ms. Wilmott,

I must congratulate you on your outstanding direct exam of your expert witness yesterday. You might have noticed that I had very few objections despite the fact that much of her testimony had no relevance to this case. The simple fact is that the more you allow her to ramble, the more material she (and you) give me to refute your 'battered woman' defense.

For example, her testimony about her experience with couples counseling and the importance of getting both sides of an abuse story out. The elephant in the courtroom being, of course, that one half of this particular couple is DEAD, therefore his side will never be told. Thank you for allowing your witness to remind the jury of that.

The best part of all this, the icing on the cake if you will, is that the $300/hour for all this is coming out of your budget.

So kudos ma'am, and please keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Juan Martinez

I agree!

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    That was true while she was testifying but JM still cannot recall her to the stand during his rebuttal. It's still a 5th amendment issue. It's long tangled legal argument but that's how it works.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

That was true while she was testifying but JM still cannot recall her to the stand during his rebuttal. It's still a 5th amendment issue. It's long tangled legal argument but that's how it works.

Men are very capable of turning down sex, for a variety of reasons. There's nothing less attractive than a woman who thinks she can get her way with what's in her pants...
    So you're a man?

......I wonder if Jodi ever sings "Creep" to herself about herself.....

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Nurmi and Willmott just came back in. All attorneys are headed back to chambers again. #JodiAria

Nurmi and Willmott just came back in. All attorneys are headed back to chambers again. #JodiAria

@WildAboutTrial

Nurmi and Willmott just came back in. All attorneys are headed back to chambers again. #JodiArias

2m

The defense just left chambers and exited out the front door of the court. #JodiArias Juan and Flores are still here chillin'.

So much for court starting promptly at 10:45

@WildAboutTrial: The defense just left chambers and exited out the front door of the court. #JodiArias Juan and Flores are still here chillin'.

Expect to see maximum delays today by Willmutt so Juan doesn't get a crack at this crackpot today.

Well, less than an hour till lunch break! Yay Judge Sherry!

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    Oh yeah sure. Because Jodi brought a knife and a gun with her simply just for funsies. Unless you're going to tell me now that you actually believe that both the gun and the knife belonged to Travis now.

Travis was dead, no matter what happened that day in Arizona. She came down with a plan to kill him, and she succeeded. There's a reason she didn't tell anyone she was going to AZ. There's a reason she borrowed gas cans, and bought another. There's a reason why she lied about where she'd been, and why she'd tried to cover her tracks.

And no, I will never buy the idea that she was just sneaking down to AZ to try to talk to him one more time. People do not drive a thousand miles to "just talk". She went there to kill him.

The ONLY way he would have lived that day is (maybe) if he had said that he would give their relationship a serious try. But I don't think so. I truly believe, based on the slashing of the tires, that if he hadn't died June 4th, he would have died another day at her hands. She was obssessed with him. She saw him as property. And she destroyed him.
    I don't think that sex or Cancun or anything else played a major role in the murder of Travis, on June 4th. They may have been part of the whole strange relationship that these two had, together....but she went to his home on that day to accomplish a mission. She planned, prepared for, and executed his murder. There will always be many questions that will never have answers....and WHY is one of those. Sort of like any other sociopathic killer. They toy with other's emotions, because it's fun, to them. Makes them feel powerful. She will never likely tell the truth about anything. We have to look at the whole situation, come to the most obvious conclusions, and find peace with that. Really, what other options do we have?

hell, they'll be breaking for lunch in 50 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Why would Alyce quote a secondary source like Dr. Oz? Oz is a cardiac surgeon not a research psychiatrist or neurologist? Dr. Oz best stick to endorsing nutraceuticals for rapid weight loss than implying he is an expert on the female brain. There is an entire class of stellar neuropsych researchers whose work on the female brain and the female stress response have informed practitioners. Female stress response is not fight or flight, its tend and befriend.

Female practitioners who claim to uplift women and then select substandard secondary and/or popular medical personalities to explain the females' maladaptive behavior make me crazy! This tells me that Alyce is working hard to convince the jury of JA's innocence based upon a faulty understanding of women who kill. research for women who kill is overpopulated with studies of women killing an abusive intimate partner in self defense. Well, Alyce just because JA is a killing female does not mean she is the patron saint of dv! Open you mind Alyce!

The defense asks us to believe the unbelievable. The disparity of research on women who kill equals only one explanation for JA's behavior? Could it have do with JA's poor executive functioning along with a recent decent into poverty and its resultant decrease in social status? There's so many explanations, Alyce!

Makes me wanna holler!
    Well said! Alyce is a charleton. Wanting to watch Dr Oz for her testimony. I've never seen such a ridiculous witness!
    I bet JM noticed ... She's never once seen a battered male in all her years of practice!
    @1:07:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYitKLsn8A
    ."... but I'm sure HAD I WORKED with some men that were battered ..."

She needs to get to her JA interview and tell us about the Porn killer told her was on his computer to make him a pedo. (rolleyes)
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

@WildAboutTrial

Nurmi and Willmott just came back in. All attorneys are headed back to chambers again. #JodiArias

2m

The defense just left chambers and exited out the front door of the court. #JodiArias Juan and Flores are still here chillin'.

Hey - she said they would TRY to be prompt!
    "The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anonymous

@WildAboutTrial

2m

Hey - she said they would TRY to be prompt!
    "The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anonymous

Judge Stephens "We will reconvene tomorrow promptly at 10:45" or something like that. Promptly has never happened....these poor jurors.

Thread Information