Page 2071 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 1071 1571 1971 2021 2061 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2081 2121 ... LastLast
Results 51,751 to 51,775 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    Who are you to judge what makes a good man or doesn't make a good man?

Travis was a good man. He had a problem, but that does not make him less of a good man.

You seem to have taken the defense at their word that Jodi was a woman with low self-esteem who was simply being used by Travis.

Aside from Jodi's word, I would like you to show me any actual proof that Jodi was anything other than a woman empowered by her sexual hold on her partner. Please, show me where Jodi was begging Travis to stop in the sex tape. Show me where Jodi was forced to go to Travis.

In fact, show me evidence of him "stringing her along". They were having sex, and they weren't committed. She knew he was dating other women. He knew that she was checking out other men. But they were still having sex.

If Travis was stringing Jodi along, then what was Jodi doing? Stringing Travis along?

Did it ever cross your mind that Jodi perhaps had strung Travis along? Perhaps she lied about something, or did something to try to keep his attention focused on her. He was pretty upset in that one text message to her. To me, it sounded as if he felt like he'd been used.

If anything, Jodi used a young man who was struggling to find his way in life. She found his vulnerable spot (sex) and tried to use that as leverage to gain access to his life. She used him to help her with bills, with cars, with just about everything.

Travis was the one who was being used. He was the one abuse victim. And like many abuse victims, he didn't know how to get rid of his abuser.

The next step in victim-blame is to ask, "Well, why didn't he listen to his friends? Why didn't he get help? Why didn't he call the police?"

I think he was trying to get Jodi out of his life. And the reason he didn't call police? Do you know how hard it is to be taken seriously as a woman when you're being abused? Imagine how much more difficult it would have been for Travis to admit the abuse, let alone seek out help for it?

When Jodi realized that her control over Travis was waning, she did what many, many other abusers have done in similar situations: She killed him.

I don't think this was about love or jealousy. I believe it was about control.
    ^That. A thousand times over!
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Premarital sex happens ALL THE TIME! This was something Travis was against however he was tempted and got sucked in.... Nobody is perfect and its not a crime... NOTHING he did was a crime. At 30 yrs old he was a virgin... That should state something about his character.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    I think she was too self-centered to use a pregnancy to trap him. She knew he would be all about the child and that she would be second-best. I also don't believe she ever had a desire to care for or nurture another being. She wanted to be lavished upon, taken care of. A child would've impaired her desired lifestyle too. She wanted to travel and spend money on herself, she didn't want to think about being "stuck" sitting at home with a baby.
    I agree with this, based on my own family situation...I have a family member with BPD and she voluntarily gave up and lost to the state every one of her kids. She did it out of spite, and wanting to be #1 with our mom. No competition for attention. She even gets in the way of my relationship with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Wonder if Shana Druckerman is Shana Hogan, who is writing the book?
    Wonder WTF this is about. Beth Karas? WTH did she do - report accurately on the trial?

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    3/14/2013 ORD - Order - Party (001) 3/18/2013
    NOTE: THAT TESORO COMPANIES INC PROVIDE TO COUNSEL FOR MS.ARIAS THE DAILY TRANSACTION RECORDS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY AND ALL TRANSACTIONS THAT TOOK PLACE 06/06/08 IN THEIR STORE LOCATED @ 1699 W NORTH TEMPLE, SALT LAKE CITY UTAH.
    3/14/2013 ORD - Order - Party (001) 3/18/2013
    NOTE: THAT WAL-MART INC PROVIDE TO COUNSEL FOR MS.ARIAS THE DAILY TRANSACTION RECORDS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY AND ALL RETURN TRANSACTIONS THAT TOOK PLACE 06/03/08 IN THEIR STORE LOCATED AT 1800 N MAIN SALINAS CALIFORNIA 93906

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...s/caseInfo.asp

Looks like Nurmi/Willmott had to get their own copies of the records
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

I think the Freethinker is asking if there are actual pictures of a sexual deed with time stamps. Like...are there photos of Travis and Stabby in the middle of sexual intercourse.
    Thank you! I don't see how my initial remark got so twisted.

So ALV is the defense's last psych expert witness, right? Their Last Hope to sell self-defense to the jury? (Actually their only hope since the shredding of poor Dr. Dick.) If so, I'm thinking Jenny W is going to drag this out FOREVER. This is going to be loooong and painful, peeps...

Travis was a good man. He had a problem, but that does not make him less of a good man.

You seem to have taken the defense at their word that Jodi was a woman with low self-esteem who was simply being used by Travis.

Aside from Jodi's word, I would like you to show me any actual proof that Jodi was anything other than a woman empowered by her sexual hold on her partner. Please, show me where Jodi was begging Travis to stop in the sex tape. Show me where Jodi was forced to go to Travis.

In fact, show me evidence of him "stringing her along". They were having sex, and they weren't committed. She knew he was dating other women. He knew that she was checking out other men. But they were still having sex.

If Travis was stringing Jodi along, then what was Jodi doing? Stringing Travis along?

Did it ever cross your mind that Jodi perhaps had strung Travis along? Perhaps she lied about something, or did something to try to keep his attention focused on her. He was pretty upset in that one text message to her. To me, it sounded as if he felt like he'd been used.

If anything, Jodi used a young man who was struggling to find his way in life. She found his vulnerable spot (sex) and tried to use that as leverage to gain access to his life. She used him to help her with bills, with cars, with just about everything.

Travis was the one who was being used. He was the one abuse victim. And like many abuse victims, he didn't know how to get rid of his abuser.

The next step in victim-blame is to ask, "Well, why didn't he listen to his friends? Why didn't he get help? Why didn't he call the police?"

I think he was trying to get Jodi out of his life. And the reason he didn't call police? Do you know how hard it is to be taken seriously as a woman when you're being abused? Imagine how much more difficult it would have been for Travis to admit the abuse, let alone seek out help for it?

When Jodi realized that her control over Travis was waning, she did what many, many other abusers have done in similar situations: She killed him.

I caught the "good man" part, too. My feeling on this is "he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Sorry but reality is, we ALL judge people one way or another all the time. It would be like if I said who are you to judge that poster? The poster is entitled to their own moral code to judge by, we all are thank goodness! I can see and appreciate their irritation with a rah rah attitude aka cheerleading lynch mob attitudes which are unrealistic.

Personally, I don't consider any man that is a CHEATER a good man. I can say with confidence, I don't look the other way for anyone that is a cheat, cheat = deceit. And from what little I know, I probably wouldn't even like Travis with his needy arrogant ego in real life. But he isn't alive anymore to dislike is he. He was murdered and THAT is a completely differenct assination! No justification for being slaughtered like he was. If we started whining and murdering every person we each don't like, the human race would be extinct!
    In the end it doesn't matter what his strengths / weaknesses were in my mind, or if I or anyone would even 'like' him. I don't need to 'like' him to want justice for a murder. It isn't a team sport to me that I have to pick a character I like in the movie. Or sexualize the prosecutor, or build Idols. Travis didn't become a saint the day he died. I DO completely respect he was a human being that had every right to live with his flaws.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
    I love that blog

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    So ALV is the defense's last psych expert witness, right? Their Last Hope to sell self-defense to the jury? (Actually their only hope since the shredding of poor Dr. Dick.) If so, I'm thinking Jenny W is going to drag this out FOREVER. This is going to be loooong and painful, peeps...
    Yep, round and round we are going to go. Took an hour to go through her CV, and I got lost in the 80's somewhere.

@Sneakers ..what is that about the motion for tv people?

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    ty need to spread some whoredom around before I can give you more <3
    The funny thing is, they had a chance at a lower verdict at one time.
    Then they put killer on the stand, Nurmi decided it was a good tactic to beat a dead horse in slow motion .. then they decided to back that mess up with docMcGoo.
    Now they bring in the last ditch droner to completely set the needle. Bad move. Wait until you hear the jury questions for this nut case.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Ugh I am STILL stuck behind the time change. I was just getting ready to start up my feed but it doesn't start for another hour

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    I caught the "good man" part, too. My feeling on this is "he who is without sin, cast the first stone."
    I call this Dangerous thinking! if women would judge for a 'good man' more often, they wouldn't be abused and murdered at alarming rates!

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    I call this Dangerous thinking! if women would judge for a 'good man' more often, they wouldn't be abused and murdered at alarming rates!
    I can judge people in my own world, as to whether or not they are a good or bad choice for me to have in my life. But to indicate that Travis was not a "good" man is a whole different subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Wonder WTF this is about. Beth Karas? WTH did she do - report accurately on the trial?
    um, tweeting from the courtroom maybe? Just guessing, but I'm patient, we'll see what panic the DT is in soon on this too. : )
    We are winding down, DT has to see McGoo sent them into a deep deep crater! They will have to be going 24/7 on all and any little thing to try and minimize that damage he did.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post

Normally I respect your thinking, and your posts, but you've managed to destroy that with one ignorant statement.

You just basically blamed every single victim of domestic violence and domestic murder for the actions of another.

Shame on you! :

I think people get frozen on 'self defense' when they shouldn't.
    Think of it as only a foot in the door, that was their 'legal' motion on paper. But from around 2010 when killer offered to take a plea deal on 2nd degree murder, the REAL focus is and has been all along, trying to get any verdict that will keep her off death row and any and every issue they can toss in on record for appeals.

Jodi's last meal:

What will Jodi ask for her final meal?
    I'll start...(please add your thoughts)

McDonald's french fries
    Strawberry frappachino

Yes,it's sad but true.

Normally I respect your thinking, and your posts, but you've managed to destroy that with one ignorant statement.

You just basically blamed every single victim of domestic violence and domestic murder for the actions of another.

Shame on you! :
    Well each to their own. Evidently you misconstrue as you wish.
    FYI
    I WAS a victim of severe abuse for years. After the first toss down a flight of stairs .. I blame no one but myself.

Shame on you! :
    I have to agree with wasthinking on this one. Not in all cases, but some of the women I know that have been abused in the past, could have easily avoided it by not dating the guy that just beat the shit out of their friend.
    Like I said, not all of them, but sometimes I believe it is the persons fault for putting themselves into a situation that could have been completely avoided.

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

It is absurd to blame Travis for any of this, yes it's very sad that he didn't see how dangerous she was.
    I look at it like this, I have never met the man, I can't believe a word that comes out of the skanks mouth, but I have gotten to see her personality in action...didn't get that chance with him.
    I take what I see & then like everyone else use my own past experiences to draw my decisions.
    One thing I can say is I was in a situation where I thought this man hung the moon. Knew he wasn't ready for anything real serious, slept with him, drove to him, cooked for him etc. Hoped he would see how great I am....didn't work, he was kind...told me how much he cared about me, why he had to break it off....I was hurt, devistated, angry at some points. Of course my friends would dog him.....I had to come to the conclusion that the reason I feel so bad, is because I MADE BAD DECISIONS, I ALLOWED IT!!
    Bottom line if everyone would be accountable for their own actions and realise you can't be used, unless you allow it. All of our actions fall on ourselves!
    People are letting the defense allow them to believe Travis used & mistreated Jodi....fine....but she allowed it....she put herself there.....the only person who could have stopped it is her!!

Ok...whew...don't anyone EVER blame a victim!!!

Thread Information