Page 182 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 682 1182 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Re: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695208#msg1695208 date=1281817442]
    Yeah, that article had a lot of details in it that I hadn't read before.

And Jodi's problem is she talks too much.  Because she's run off at the mouth with at least 3 or 4 different stories, it's going to be hard to convince anyone that this latest one is the true story.  Especially if Travis has no history of abusing his girlfriends.  She's dug herself a hole.  Good for her.
    [/quote]

I agree. It will be interesting if the jury will know all of her previous stories and get to see her interviews. If not, it maybe a tougher case than we think. Even if it was self-defense, her actions afterwards like washing his body and trying to cover up evidence just doesnt make sense if she was defending herself. I know everyone reacts differently to situations, but still...makes no sense.

I also cant believe roomates lived in the house for 5 days with him murdered in the next room.

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695210#msg1695210 date=1281817695]
    I agree. It will be interesting if the jury will know all of her previous stories and get to see her interviews. If not, it maybe a tougher case than we think. Even if it was self-defense, her actions afterwards like washing his body and trying to cover up evidence just doesnt make sense if she was defending herself. I know everyone reacts differently to situations, but still...makes no sense.

I also cant believe roomates lived in the house for 5 days with him murdered in the next room.
    [/quote]

Well, I can kind of understand those actions if she accidentally killed him when she was defending herself.  She's just accidentally killed him, so she's freaking out and she doesn't know what to do.  So in her freaked out mind, she decides to hide the crime and runs away.  That part I get and people have done that.  BUT they usually end up confessing shortly afterward.

What I don't get is all the stories afterward, and how calmly she lies, even on national television.  She really is a very good liar, and I'm sure it's worked well for her in the past.  She probably thinks that it will work again and she can talk her way out of this one too.

I would think that whatever she told the police would be admissible, and she's told the police all of the different stories at different times.  So I'd think they'd all be admissible.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695220#msg1695220 date=1281819321]
    Well, I can kind of understand those actions if she accidentally killed him when she was defending herself.  She's just accidentally killed him, so she's freaking out and she doesn't know what to do.  So in her freaked out mind, she decides to hide the crime and runs away.  That part I get and people have done that.  BUT they usually end up confessing shortly afterward.

What I don't get is all the stories afterward, and how calmly she lies, even on national television.  She really is a very good liar, and I'm sure it's worked well for her in the past.  She probably thinks that it will work again and she can talk her way out of this one too.

I would think that whatever she told the police would be admissible, and she's told the police all of the different stories at different times.  So I'd think they'd all be admissible.
    [/quote]

Yes, if it was an accident possibly, but this is definitely not an accident. Nobody accidentally stabs someone numerous times, shoots them, and slits their throat. That is true that if she's told the police all her stories. However, when she talks about why she is smiling in her mugshot she is contradicting herself in the 48 hours interview when she says being booked was like an out of body experience. How she seems to have felt when she is being booked are described completely different. I cant imagine being accused of killing a friend and popping a smile. And to even think what would he do in this situation when he has been murdered just goes to show she has no connection to her emotions. She is psychopath.

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695223#msg1695223 date=1281819873]
    Yes, if it was an accident possibly, but this is definitely not an accident. Nobody accidentally stabs someone numerous times, shoots them, and slits their throat. That is true that if she's told the police all her stories. However, when she talks about why she is smiling in her mugshot she is contradicting herself in the 48 hours interview when she says being booked was like an out of body experience. How she seems to have felt when she is being booked are described completely different. I cant imagine being accused of killing a friend and popping a smile. And to even think what would he do in this situation when he has been murdered just goes to show she has no connection to her emotions. She is psychopath.
    [/quote]

Oh yeah, she's totally guilty, don't get me wrong.  I was just saying that I could kind of understand her actions after the incident if she'd accidentally killed him in self defense... but she won't be able to produce any evidence of that.  She is either a narcissist or a psychopath or both.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695224#msg1695224 date=1281820293]
    Oh yeah, she's totally guilty, don't get me wrong.  I was just saying that I could kind of understand her actions after the incident if she'd accidentally killed him in self defense... but she won't be able to produce any evidence of that.  She is either a narcissist or a psychopath or both.
    [/quote]

And a big fat lying liar.

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695226#msg1695226 date=1281820331]
    And a big fat lying liar.
    [/quote]

Oh okay. I thought you were thinking it was an accident. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during the trial. It will be very interesting!

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695232#msg1695232 date=1281820681]
    Oh okay. I thought you were thinking it was an accident. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during the trial. It will be very interesting!
    [/quote]

Oh no no no, I was just responding to your statement that even if it was self defense that her actions afterwards made no sense.

I'd love to sit in on the trial too.  I am in Maricopa county, but unfortunately, I have to work and stuff, so I can't just sit in on a trial.  :2sad:  I have sat in on a couple of trials for work (not criminal and only for a day) and they can be mind numbly boring at times.

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695240#msg1695240 date=1281821539]
    Oh no no no, I was just responding to your statement that even if it was self defense that her actions afterwards made no sense.

I'd love to sit in on the trial too.  I am in Maricopa county, but unfortunately, I have to work and stuff, so I can't just sit in on a trial.   :2sad:  I have sat in on a couple of trials for work (not criminal and only for a day) and they can be mind numbly boring at times.
    [/quote]

I live in town too, but I as well could not go to the trial. It would be weird to see Jodi in person after reading all about her.

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695240#msg1695240 date=1281821539]I'd love to sit in on the trial too.  I am in Maricopa county, but unfortunately, I have to work and stuff, so I can't just sit in on a trial.   :2sad:  I have sat in on a couple of trials for work (not criminal and only for a day) and they can be mind numbly boring at times.[/quote]

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695244#msg1695244 date=1281822411]I live in town too, but I as well could not go to the trial. It would be weird to see Jodi in person after reading all about her. [/quote]

Residents of the county?  Jury duty anyone?  You very well may get to see the trial after all.  So you both need to stop with your proclamations of guilt in a public forum so you can sit on the jury and come back and give us the skinny, ya hear? 
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=16212.msg1695248#msg1695248 date=1281822877]
    Residents of the county?  Jury duty anyone?  You very well may get to see the trial after all.  So you both need to stop with your proclamations of guilt in a public forum so you can sit on the jury and come back and give us the skinny, ya hear?   

[/quote]

Lol, ya.. that would be nice, but I can't take time away from work to listen to Jodi's made up stories.

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695250#msg1695250 date=1281823274]Lol, ya.. that would be nice, but I can't take time away from work to listen to Jodi's made up stories. [/quote]

I'm lucky, my employer still pays if I have jury duty.  I would never try to get out of it - especially for a case like this. 
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=16212.msg1695251#msg1695251 date=1281823357]
    I'm lucky, my employer still pays if I have jury duty.  I would never try to get out of it - especially for a case like this. 
    [/quote]
    Went to trial, found not guilty. I'm never gonna get to be on a jury. :-P
    Prosecutors are terrified of having someone in the jury box who knows how full of shit they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=16212.msg1695251#msg1695251 date=1281823357]
    I'm lucky, my employer still pays if I have jury duty.  I would never try to get out of it - especially for a case like this. 
    [/quote]

My employer would pay me too, so that's not a problem.  So yeah, if I get called for jury duty that would be sweet.

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695304#msg1695304 date=1281831058]
    My employer would pay me too, so that's not a problem.  So yeah, if I get called for jury duty that would be sweet.
    [/quote]

So naturally, Maricopa County, I believe Jodi is innocent until proven guilty.  :2grin:

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695210#msg1695210 date=1281817695]

[/quote]

I thought it was weird too. It was mentioned in this thread and on the Facebook memorial group that Travis had a strict policy with his roommates that nobody was to go into his room or part of the house ever. Jodi locked his body in the room so there wouldn't be any immediate signs of his body but I do wonder if the roommates ever smelled anything before they broke into his room after Travis' room.

Hey guys, I have read through this whole thread and this case haunts me! I think one of the things that is so disturbing (although truly the whole story is disturbing) is the fact that she took pictures after she offed the guy. What a psycho hosebeast she is. And she is not doing herself any good by changing her stories every 5 minutes!!!

Anyway, I can't wait to see this trial...I hope the bitch fries. And I wanted to mark my spot, because I will continue to follow this! I'm glad to be a part of MDS!  :-D

[quote author=browneyes106 link=topic=16212.msg1695911#msg1695911 date=1281939640]
    I thought it was weird too. It was mentioned in this thread and on the Facebook memorial group that Travis had a strict policy with his roommates that nobody was to go into his room or part of the house ever. Jodi locked his body in the room so there wouldn't be any immediate signs of his body but I do wonder if the roommates ever smelled anything before they broke into his room after Travis' room.
    [/quote]

I heard about his strict policy too, but his bedroom double doors are right at the top of the stair. Anyone going upstairs passes by them. This obviously isn't a big deal in the case, I just think its interesting that it took 5 days. Especially when living with other people, going on a trip soon, and seemed to be very busy with work. I wonder what Jodi was thinking those 5 days. She was back in CA before anyone knew.  

[quote author=stephanierenee63 link=topic=16212.msg1696172#msg1696172 date=1281987243]
    Hey guys, I have read through this whole thread and this case haunts me! I think one of the things that is so disturbing (although truly the whole story is disturbing) is the fact that she took pictures after she offed the guy. What a psycho hosebeast she is. And she is not doing herself any good by changing her stories every 5 minutes!!!

Anyway, I can't wait to see this trial...I hope the bitch fries. And I wanted to mark my spot, because I will continue to follow this! I'm glad to be a part of MDS!  :-D
    [/quote]

I don't know if she meant to take the pictures during/after the murder. I think they very blurry and hard to make out. But still, I think she obviously went there with the intent to kill him, yet she slept with him and did take pictures. I wonder if the defense will come up with any of her ex-boyfriends to testify of psycho things she did to them.

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1696179#msg1696179 date=1281987731]
    I don't know if she meant to take the pictures during/after the murder. I think they very blurry and hard to make out. But still, I think she obviously went there with the intent to kill him, yet she slept with him and did take pictures. I wonder if the defense will come up with any of her ex-boyfriends to testify of psycho things she did to them.
    [/quote]

I thought some of the pictures (the one with the foot of another person) were taken of him in the shower alive, and then a couple more were taken with him in the shower and bleeding. That is what I had read anyhow. I totally think she took those pictures on purpose because she is a sick fuck lunatic. Thought her "work" was beautiful. Ugh. She makes me ill.

[quote author=stephanierenee63 link=topic=16212.msg1696198#msg1696198 date=1281989085]
    I thought some of the pictures (the one with the foot of another person) were taken of him in the shower alive, and then a couple more were taken with him in the shower and bleeding. That is what I had read anyhow. I totally think she took those pictures on purpose because she is a sick fuck lunatic. Thought her "work" was beautiful. Ugh. She makes me ill.
    [/quote]

I could be wrong, but from the 48 hours episode, it sounded like there were intentional photos in the shower and then unintentional photos that were blurry and were taken as if the camera was dropped.

The pictures were posted?  Link?

[quote author=browneyes106 link=topic=16212.msg1695911#msg1695911 date=1281939640]
    [/quote]

I thought it was weird that on the 48 Hours Mystery interview with Chris and Skye Hughes that Chris admits when he kept trying to get ahold of Travis and his mailbox was full he said he thought it was strange and they should check on him. That just makes me wonder what led up to the events of his roommates actually finding him. Did Chris actually get ahold of one of his roomates to check on him?

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=16212.msg1696204#msg1696204 date=1281989310]
    The pictures were posted?  Link?
    [/quote]

Those pictures are not available. There was a link to pictures of the inside of Travis' house when it was put up for sale.  I think the photo album is now password protected by the person who took them.

[quote author=Just Curious link=topic=16212.msg1696212#msg1696212 date=1281989814]
    I thought it was weird that on the 48 Hours Mystery interview with Chris and Skye Hughes that Chris admits when he kept trying to get ahold of Travis and his mailbox was full he said he thought it was strange and they should check on him. That just makes me wonder what led up to the events of his roommates actually finding him. Did Chris actually get ahold of one of his roomates to check on him?
    [/quote]

Ya, that would be interesting to know. I feel for his friends that found him. How horrible would that be to find someone you care about in that state. So sad.

Here's a really good article that begins by pretty much detailing how his roommates found him, and the 5 days prior that caused them to go looking. It goes on to discuss the case at large, most of which we are already uber-familiar with. I got it from Travis' memorial page (FB) and lawd forgive me if it's been posted already.

http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

Thread Information