Page 181 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 681 1181 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Re: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

[quote author=Bonnienoclyde link=topic=16212.msg1692601#msg1692601 date=1281465684]
    Did anyone see the new episode of Lockup? It was called Daddys girls and was Maricopa County jail womans facility. Not sure if that is where Jodi is but damn I hope so. Does not look like fun. Thought it was cool to see. This was gen pop though so not sure if she is in isolation or what.
    [/quote]

I think she's in estrella
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

[quote author=GirlLoveWarrior link=topic=16212.msg1692637#msg1692637 date=1281469597]
    I think she's in estrella
    [/quote]

Yeah, Estrella is the woman's county jail, there.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=16212.msg1692605#msg1692605 date=1281466021]

No, I missed that. I don't ever want to see the inside of the woman's jail in Maricopa County. Not even on TV. :lol:
    That's the kind of shit nightmares are made of.
    [/quote]

Yeah, it was brutal. The new girl was like " I am not a lesbian, I have a boyfriend." Like a week later the biggest toughest girl in theres name was tatooed twice on new girls arm.

[quote author=Bonnienoclyde link=topic=16212.msg1693376#msg1693376 date=1281561454]
    Yeah, it was brutal. The new girl was like " I am not a lesbian, I have a boyfriend." Like a week later the biggest toughest girl in theres name was tatooed twice on new girls arm.

[/quote]
    This is why if I ever go to jail, I'm going to try the age-old 'I have Aids and genital warts' line. Or maybe just go for HPV, which is new and confusing...so that I can just be like 'sure, you can shove your fist up there, but I have hpv, which may lead to cervical cancer at some point..." and by the time I'm done, they're so bored they forgot to rape me.

I was going to try the "I have AIDS" line in prison but I was afraid he'd reply "me too".

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=16212.msg1693736#msg1693736 date=1281591827]
    I was going to try the "I have AIDS" line in prison but I was afraid he'd reply "me too".
    [/quote]
    From what I can tell in Locked Up, the gayer you act, the less everyone wants to fuck you cos it's not fun if you like it.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=16212.msg1693739#msg1693739 date=1281592297]
    From what I can tell in Locked Up, the gayer you act, the less everyone wants to fuck you cos it's not fun if you like it.
    [/quote]

Usually, rape in prison is done because there's nothing worse that you can do to a straight man. Sticking your penis in an ass that has probably already had a few up there isn't quite as appealing to those guys.

mydeathspace

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=16212.msg1693731#msg1693731 date=1281591418]
    This is why if I ever go to jail, I'm going to try the age-old 'I have Aids and genital warts' line. Or maybe just go for HPV, which is new and confusing...so that I can just be like 'sure, you can shove your fist up there, but I have hpv, which may lead to cervical cancer at some point..." and by the time I'm done, they're so bored they forgot to rape me.
    [/quote]

Same line you used on me at the meetup...  :x

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1693767#msg1693767 date=1281598166]
    Same line you used on me at the meetup...  :x
    [/quote]Sigh. Join the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

So, three days later and I am on page 115.  I am so going to read this whole thread, dammit!
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

So.. quick question. and you guys may jump on me for this one, but i think it's legit.

The girl who wrote the eulogy, the same girl who they're bringing in as a witness..  they're using the  term 'witness', so besides being close to Travis, was she around when it happened?  or... knows something?...  why is she being called upon as a witness?

mydeathspace

[quote author=siberiankisss link=topic=16212.msg1694011#msg1694011 date=1281637989]
    So.. quick question. and you guys may jump on me for this one, but i think it's legit.

The girl who wrote the eulogy, the same girl who they're bringing in as a witness..  they're using the  term 'witness', so besides being close to Travis, was she around when it happened?  or... knows something?...  why is she being called upon as a witness?
    [/quote]

I could be wrong, but is Deanna Reid the one who is a married friend of Travis? I thought there was something about married friends knowing all about Jodi's craziness because of what Travis had told them.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1691942#msg1691942 date=1281386375]
    From the latest court document:

IT IS ORDERED that the witness, Deanna Reid, submit to a deposition. Defense counsel shall be responsible for the cost of the witness’ travel arrangements. Defense counsel shall lodge an order with the Court with the exact date and time for the deposition.

Just a recap, Deanna was a long time friend of Travis and she wrote the following eulogy:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=33785181856&topic=12153
    [/quote]

Now.. I may be wrong but is it true that Jodi has changed her story to "yea... I did it, in self defense." And now the defense (Jodi's lawyers) want to bring this girl Deanna (a long time friend of Travis) in, and draw information out of her through this deposition. If so... and if I'm not wrong, it sounds like the defense is looking to find out what Travis's character was so they can form some kind of defense for Jodi's now changed story..... I don't know.

[quote author=siberiankisss link=topic=16212.msg1694011#msg1694011 date=1281637989]

[/quote]

I think anyone with any kind of information can be called as a "witness".  It doesn't mean that they witnessed the actual crime, just that they have some knowledge about the people and circumstances surrounding the crime.  Please forgive me if I interpreted your question wrong!

[quote author=simono link=topic=16212.msg1694065#msg1694065 date=1281644502]

Now.. I may be wrong but is it true that Jodi has changed her story to "yea... I did it, in self defense." And now the defense (Jodi's lawyers) want to bring this girl Deanna (a long time friend of Travis) in, and draw information out of her through this deposition. If so... and if I'm not wrong, it sounds like the defense is looking to find out what Travis's character was so they can form some kind of defense for Jodi's now changed story..... I don't know.
    [/quote]

I heard that she changed her story to self defense, I think it is on Travis's memorial Facebook page, but I haven't heard anything in the news about it.  This is what brought me to this site in the first place, so if anyone has any info about that, I'd love to hear it!!
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Yea well this case has been so tight-lip't over the last 2yrs that I'm not surprised we haven't heard it from anyone but someone in that close circle of real good friends and family.... I mean that if anyone has close access to detectives, lawyers, etc, and around the chance for a potential slip of info, it would be from them. I think that at this point,  I'm going to look for little things in blogs, entries, and comments made by the people closest to the source.... The family and friends of both parties.... This will be my new hobby, among others...lol

Todd

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1694020#msg1694020 date=1281639128]
    I could be wrong, but is Deanna Reid the one who is a married friend of Travis? I thought there was something about married friends knowing all about Jodi's craziness because of what Travis had told them.
    [/quote]
    See this is what I thought too. I know Travis had some friends that they would use as a meet up spot because it was in between where they both lived. So she would drive out there and they would spend weekends out there and then they would drive home. But I also think she told Travis that Jodi made her uneasy and not to bring her there anymore. and then when he ended up dead the first thing they said was Check out Jodi, without even knowing she had anything at all to do with it.

Took me almost a week to finish this thread, and I admit skimmed through some of it.  I think I got the important stuff though.

This was posted a few times and deserves a reposting.  It's the Mesa police "probable cause statement" and a pretty interesting read.  The info I gleaned from that was that Jodi was in the house for at least as long as it took to wash the sheets.  The sheets were found in the dryer and some clothes (including Travis' garments - got that from somewhere else, don't recall where) and the camera were found in the washer.  So the camera wasn't tangled up in the sheets as some have surmised.  They may have been tangled up in the clothes when Jodi put them in there, or washed on purpose.  But in any case, Jodi stayed long enough to wash the sheets and put them in the dryer, so at least a full wash cycle.

There was another document posted a while back by mydeathspace, it was a court document.  It alleges that Travis was shot first and then stabbed as he crawled on the floor.  Ever since I saw the house pics, I wondered how the blood got on the wall and floor in the hall and bedroom since the attack allegedly took place initially in the bathroom.  Jodi must have stunned him with the gun shot (and maybe after the first shot, the gun jammed - she alleges that the "attacker's" gun jammed, so maybe that's where she got that bit of her story) and then attacked with the knife as he tried to escape down the hallway, delivering the death blow in the hallway.  I have no doubt that she could drag his body back to the shower, but I had wondered how she could have killed him (although another girl killed her boyfriend with a knife in Tempe recently).  I guess she dragged him back to the shower to wash him off  in order to remove any evidence, because they'd had sex.  She probably showered first.

As far as the house on concerned, it's possible that whoever tried to buy it previously did not actually buy it.  In the pics on this site: http://www.vlshomes.com/listings/Pix_Popup_pub.cfm?in_listing=5557430 you can see that the closet still has carpet missing AND yes, the blinds are the same.  I don't think they bothered to update the pictures.  So maybe the deal fell through and they put the house back up for sale, still "as is".  I don't know though.

Also, here is an article that Chris Hughes posted on Travis' memorial Facebook page recently that is an interesting read: http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

FINALLY, I watched the 48 Hours show again AND a clip where she talks about why she is smiling in her mugshot, and I have to say that DAMN, she is a really good liar.  Not that what she says makes any sense (it doesn't and I think she's guilty as hell), but she's a very convincing liar.  Several times I found myself thinking "How could this soft spoken little sweet thing have done something like this?" and then I remember the evidence.  It's freaky.  And SCARY.

[quote author=jessielee link=topic=16212.msg1695071#msg1695071 date=1281799479]
    See this is what I thought too. I know Travis had some friends that they would use as a meet up spot because it was in between where they both lived. So she would drive out there and they would spend weekends out there and then they would drive home. But I also think she told Travis that Jodi made her uneasy and not to bring her there anymore. and then when he ended up dead the first thing they said was Check out Jodi, without even knowing she had anything at all to do with it.
    [/quote]

No, that was Chris and Sky Hughes.

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695189#msg1695189 date=1281815010]
    No, that was Chris and Sky Hughes.
    [/quote]
    yeah I realize that now. I just read your link.

[quote author=jessielee link=topic=16212.msg1695192#msg1695192 date=1281815761]
    yeah I realize that now. I just read your link.
    [/quote]

I only remember their names because I know someone named Sky Hughes (NOT the same person) so it stuck in my head.

[quote author=zeebee link=topic=16212.msg1695186#msg1695186 date=1281814943]
    Took me almost a week to finish this thread, and I admit skimmed through some of it.  I think I got the important stuff though.

This was posted a few times and deserves a reposting.  It's the Mesa police "probable cause statement" and a pretty interesting read.  The info I gleaned from that was that Jodi was in the house for at least as long as it took to wash the sheets.  The sheets were found in the dryer and some clothes (including Travis' garments - got that from somewhere else, don't recall where) and the camera were found in the washer.  So the camera wasn't tangled up in the sheets as some have surmised.  They may have been tangled up in the clothes when Jodi put them in there, or washed on purpose.  But in any case, Jodi stayed long enough to wash the sheets and put them in the dryer, so at least a full wash cycle.

There was another document posted a while back by mydeathspace, it was a court document.  It alleges that Travis was shot first and then stabbed as he crawled on the floor.  Ever since I saw the house pics, I wondered how the blood got on the wall and floor in the hall and bedroom since the attack allegedly took place initially in the bathroom.  Jodi must have stunned him with the gun shot (and maybe after the first shot, the gun jammed - she alleges that the "attacker's" gun jammed, so maybe that's where she got that bit of her story) and then attacked with the knife as he tried to escape down the hallway, delivering the death blow in the hallway.  I have no doubt that she could drag his body back to the shower, but I had wondered how she could have killed him (although another girl killed her boyfriend with a knife in Tempe recently).  I guess she dragged him back to the shower to wash him off  in order to remove any evidence, because they'd had sex.  She probably showered first.

As far as the house on concerned, it's possible that whoever tried to buy it previously did not actually buy it.  In the pics on this site: http://www.vlshomes.com/listings/Pix_Popup_pub.cfm?in_listing=5557430 you can see that the closet still has carpet missing AND yes, the blinds are the same.  I don't think they bothered to update the pictures.  So maybe the deal fell through and they put the house back up for sale, still "as is".  I don't know though.

Also, here is an article that Chris Hughes posted on Travis' memorial Facebook page recently that is an interesting read: http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

FINALLY, I watched the 48 Hours show again AND a clip where she talks about why she is smiling in her mugshot, and I have to say that DAMN, she is a really good liar.  Not that what she says makes any sense (it doesn't and I think she's guilty as hell), but she's a very convincing liar.  Several times I found myself thinking "How could this soft spoken little sweet thing have done something like this?" and then I remember the evidence.  It's freaky.  And SCARY.
    [/quote]

The house is not back up for sale. That is the old pictures and old listing. Most home search websites have very outdated listings.

Oh, I found the court minutes where is alleges that Travis was shot and then stabbed: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3846408.pdf

Also, I don't think Jodi had any help in carrying out the murder.  I think she stunned him with the gun and then started stabbing him while he was crawling away, which is why there were stab wounds on his back and chest.  He probably turned over when trying to defend himself.  Nobody (on the prosecution side) has suggested (at least at this time) that the wounds were inflicted by more than one person.  

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695202#msg1695202 date=1281816800]

The house is not back up for sale. That is the old pictures and old listing. Most home search websites have very outdated listings.
    [/quote]

Oh, OK.  Someone upthread said it was.

Someone already posted the link to this article recently published http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp. Its an interesting read! I have kept on top of this case and I learned a few things from it. I wonder if Jodi really did email the new girlfriend that weird email. I think it is also interesting that Travis seems to have gone off on her a week before and his friend mentioned that she may hurt him. I wonder what it was Travis said that made his friend think that. Of course it doesn't excuse murder. I don't think her self defense argument will work. It doesnt make sense that she would wait all this time and make up stories if that was the case all along.

[quote author=jgreg link=topic=16212.msg1695207#msg1695207 date=1281817140]
    Someone already posted the link to this article recently published http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp. Its an interesting read! I have kept on top of this case and I learned a few things from it. I wonder if Jodi really did email the new girlfriend that weird email. I think it is also interesting that Travis seems to have gone off on her a week before and his friend mentioned that she may hurt him. I wonder what it was Travis said that made his friend think that. Of course it doesn't excuse murder. I don't think her self defense argument will work. It doesnt make sense that she would wait all this time and make up stories if that was the case all along.
    [/quote]

Yeah, that article had a lot of details in it that I hadn't read before.

And Jodi's problem is she talks too much.  Because she's run off at the mouth with at least 3 or 4 different stories, it's going to be hard to convince anyone that this latest one is the true story.  Especially if Travis has no history of abusing his girlfriends.  She's dug herself a hole.  Good for her.

Thread Information