Page 1795 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 795 1295 1695 1745 1785 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1805 1845 1895 ... LastLast
Results 44,851 to 44,875 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Dear Jury: PLEASE do not buy this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I'm sure what he's saying is supported by medical literature. BUT if you cause the stressful event (by bringing a gun with you to kill someone, or brutally stabbing a defenseless man trapped in a shower) then who cares if you are traumatized or lose memory. And I think, based on the jury's questions, that they do not buy her story that Travis attacked her or that she was ever in any danger at any point during the murder. The jury has concluded that Jodi was in control from the moment she arrived at his house until she locked the bedroom door behind her.
    I agree with Coconut..

I absolutely hate how smug she looks today, she seriously believes that whatever this man says should wipe the slate clean and should just pat her on the head and say now don't do it again Jodi! and let her go on her merry way

Now, his credibility is starting to be shaken. His opinion that he could determine that she was being truthful?? Really??!!! Just by the answers that Jodi gave?? Hmmmm, if it were only that easy, this trial would never be taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    ive done it to get a job in cali now you have to take one of those psych tests now, i answer the way i need to to get the job, not what i really think
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    lol, Ive taken these tests, it is beyond simple to fill in the circle that will make you look the most like you need to.

Exactly! Those tests are a joke because all she had to do was give the answer they were looking for, it didn't mean she had to feel that she was suffering any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    So, he went in specifically looking for that diagnosis, didn't he? So much for objectivity....
    That's what it seemed like, yes.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Can Jodi's foggy brain save her?
    They are back from Lunch.
    State and Defense are still arguring over the doctor's potential testimony.
    Evidence Hearing is going to be set for a later time- either later today or tomorrow.

The defense can use the powerpoint on the brain. The Dr. is now in the court showing the judge the pictures from the Time article. (I'm going to call the dr. JR. because he look like a Gus Jr.) The powerpoint will NOT go back to the jury room.

Jury has arrived

Jr (Dr. Richard Samuels) is called to the stand. He has a PH.D. (JM is quick to jump on the paper Jr is reading from) Jr. has a lot of experience. A LOT. I'm pretty sure he is a smart guy. Jr. now lives in Arizona. He works with a lot of PTSD. He only does forensic work in Az. He works mostly with bad sexual cases. Most of the time, he is hired by the defense.

With Jodi- Jr. was hired Dec 16, 2009. He talked with Nurmi first. Then Jr talked with Jodi. He met with Jodi 12 times. Jr. skirted around the information with Jodi b/c he knew it was going to be hard with Jodi. He doesn't record conversations. He takes notes. The report is a mixture of everything. He used two test on her. He also made an add. to his report b/c the harddrive was released.

JM asks for an approach

The add on to the report didn't change his opinion. Jodi talked about the ninjas when JR first talked to Jodi. JR knew she was lying about the ninjas. Jodi had low self esteem. Passive. Confused. Liar.
    Did you notice a change in her self esteem since then to now? Yes. She was more confident. More in control of her feelings. Positive. She wasn't talking about suicide anymore.
    Memory- (now Jr is going off on a very long story)

(Wilmont asks for an approach)

Powerpoint- Wait, first Jr has to explain how the brain works (no way am I typing this shit down) Everybody has a brain. He said our brain looks like a seahorse. (I guess our brain is like a filing cabinet and if you ding or break a filing cabinet-it won't work right) (WAIT-maybe our brain is like a puffer fish)

Jr says that many police can't remember shootings they are involved in. (Now he's telling police stories) It's common to shake.

(JM asks for an approach)

I guess Jodi's Hippacampus (SP?) (I'm going to call it the hippo) is damaged. Jr is saying she could flee even if the memories are not being formed. Time slows down in your brain when things are happening. He has done HYP before

Jr. read Jodi's diaries. It helps if people write stuff down to remember them. (Now JR is trying to sell his book b/c he mentions it on the stand)

Acute Stress- You are stressed. (and a long story explaining the brain)

More powerpoints. (Now I know why JM objects when Wilmont is up. She gets flustered when he does)
    Amnesia- there are different types. We are talking about acute stress that causes amnesia. Now detachment is bought up.

(Judge calls for an approach)

(I had to leave for 20 minutes to take the devil spawn to driving class)
    (I'm back)
    It's his opinion that Jodi suffers from PTSD. She did fine on all the scale test. The results show she answered honest.

Jr. is comfortable saying Jodi is PTSD.

Recess.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    I have a problem with Jodi being compared to our soldiers fighting in wars or police officers.
    Definitely agree. That is beyond ridiculous

I have a problem with Jodi being compared to our soldiers fighting in wars or police officers.
    That pisses me off and I bet it pisses off the Jurors too, for sure.

So, he went in specifically looking for that diagnosis, didn't he? So much for objectivity....
    He knew it was PTSD as soon as the check cleared. Why else would they call this guy? He wouldn't be testifying if they didn't think it would help.

The most fucked up part is that he spent months studying this fascinating asshole like she was some kind of worthwhile subject.

I'm sure what he's saying is supported by medical literature. BUT if you cause the stressful event (by bringing a gun with you to kill someone, or brutally stabbing a defenseless man trapped in a shower) then who cares if you are traumatized or lose memory. And I think, based on the jury's questions, that they do not buy her story that Travis attacked her or that she was ever in any danger at any point during the murder. The jury has concluded that Jodi was in control from the moment she arrived at his house until she locked the bedroom door behind her.
    I agree with you. I think he is credible in his field, but it doesn't really mean much that she got stressed out that the murder didn't go as she planned and lost her memory. (Which I don't believe. Just playing devil's advocate.)

And the PTSD--well gee, who wouldn't have that after brutally murdering someone and getting caught?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Nuggets of genius from JAII

JC - TEAM JODI ADMIN says:
    March 14, 2013 at 4:01 pm

So he violated an ethical issue. I don’t see what this has to do with his work or knowledge though.

Jess says:
    March 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I’ve been having issues with hot water, heat and carbon monoxide here all week, so I haven’t had the chance to check in as frequently :-(

This actually explains a lot!

viri says:
    March 14, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Someone mentioned Susan Wright here before, who stabbed her husband — 200 times — and was convicted M2 —.
    Assuming Jodi did it all, which is not at all proven, her case seems a lot meeker.

Still can't grasp the fact that Stabby has confessed
    What??? So, Jodi "only" stabbed Travis 29 times, not 200, so that makes her meek(er) and less of a criminal? Wow, how those people's minds work!

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by MartyT View Post
    The issue isn't whether PTSD can induce memory loss. It is can a person can fake memory loss - lie about fogs rolling in? How can a professional detect when a defendant is lying about memory loss? How can a juror? In these situations, common sense and evidence outweigh science.
    Absolutely right. Of course anyone can lie about being in a 'fog'. They could, for example, have read up on others' experiences. There are however, specific tests, liken it to 'tricks' if you will, to try and ascertain if the person is faking memory loss. Never 100% conclusive. If it's difficult for the professional to determine, it's completely ridiculous to expect members of a jury to believe it. Not that that level of negativity will be covered here. The Prosecution may though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    You can hate on this guy all you want but he's a likable guy and seems to know his shit. I'd imagine the jury are quite interested in what he's saying.
    I don't hate him, and he is a 'personable' chap I suppose, but he's a 'talking at' kind of person. I'd imagine the jury are glad to be listening to anyone but Jodi, but I hear what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    hmmm... so she needed her journal to remember every thing - but all her claims against travis were never written down, and she remember every little detail?
    Exactly. Not to be missed by Juan.

Still no "personal" observations from this expert, and quoting from script, time-wasting nonsense that proves nothing - yet. A yes or no questionnaire - Jodi should have been an immediate fail then. Looks like this guy could be on the stand for a good few days.

I do have to say I have had memory issues during stressful situations in the past. For example, during confrontations, I'm fully aware of what's going on, but after I can't remember a lot of things that were said.I've never had large gaps or complete blackouts like Jodi is trying to sell us, but definitely unable to quote things that were said in the heat of the confrontation. but I've also had this happen for as long as I can remember, and not like Jodi claims to have had it only happen a couple times. that being said, has anyone else had this problem?

Yeah, what is he comparing her to? A police officer and soldier? Or rodent and alligator? I believe the latter is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

I just KNEW that their expert would go on and on about memory problems. The defense needed him to after the jurors questioned her so much about this.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

QUOTE=Harlette;3355240]i even take it for other ppl [/QUOTE]

How did they do??

OOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

So, this is supposed to have been written by this expert witness. It involves Matt McCartney and the pedophilia letters - oh and Juan threatening him with PERJURY!!!!

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Well... he's been doing it for 30 yrs now--- looking into retirement one would assume, so NOT taking cases is completely off the table now (as he stated earlier, Doc previously doesn't take on a case presented if he felt he wouldn't be helpful).
    So at this point in his career, I am sure he'll take ANY case to provide more of a nest egg for his retirement. He stated early on that he didn't do therapy because of reimbursement rates, so Money Talks.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Can Jodi's foggy brain save her?
    They are back from Lunch.
    State and Defense are still arguring over the doctor's potential testimony.
    Evidence Hearing is going to be set for a later time- either later today or tomorrow.

The defense can use the powerpoint on the brain. The Dr. is now in the court showing the judge the pictures from the Time article. (I'm going to call the dr. JR. because he look like a Gus Jr.) The powerpoint will NOT go back to the jury room.

Jury has arrived

Jr (Dr. Richard Samuels) is called to the stand. He has a PH.D. (JM is quick to jump on the paper Jr is reading from) Jr. has a lot of experience. A LOT. I'm pretty sure he is a smart guy. Jr. now lives in Arizona. He works with a lot of PTSD. He only does forensic work in Az. He works mostly with bad sexual cases. Most of the time, he is hired by the defense.

With Jodi- Jr. was hired Dec 16, 2009. He talked with Nurmi first. Then Jr talked with Jodi. He met with Jodi 12 times. Jr. skirted around the information with Jodi b/c he knew it was going to be hard with Jodi. He doesn't record conversations. He takes notes. The report is a mixture of everything. He used two test on her. He also made an add. to his report b/c the harddrive was released.

JM asks for an approach

The add on to the report didn't change his opinion. Jodi talked about the ninjas when JR first talked to Jodi. JR knew she was lying about the ninjas. Jodi had low self esteem. Passive. Confused. Liar.
    Did you notice a change in her self esteem since then to now? Yes. She was more confident. More in control of her feelings. Positive. She wasn't talking about suicide anymore.
    Memory- (now Jr is going off on a very long story)

Powerpoint- Wait, first Jr has to explain how the brain works (no way am I typing this shit down) Everybody has a brain. He said our brain looks like a seahorse. (I guess our brain is like a filing cabinet and if you ding or break a filing cabinet-it won't work right) (WAIT-maybe our brain is like a puffer fish)

Jr says that many police can't remember shootings they are involved in. (Now he's telling police stories) It's common to shake.

I guess Jodi's Hippacampus (SP?) (I'm going to call it the hippo) is damaged. Jr is saying she could flee even if the memories are not being formed. Time slows down in your brain when things are happening. He has done HYP before

Jr. read Jodi's diaries. It helps if people write stuff down to remember them. (Now JR is trying to sell his book b/c he mentions it on the stand)

Acute Stress- You are stressed. (and a long story explaining the brain)

More powerpoints. (Now I know why JM objects when Wilmont is up. She gets flustered when he does)
    Amnesia- there are different types. We are talking about acute stress that causes amnesia. Now detachment is bought up.

(Judge calls for an approach)

(I had to leave for 20 minutes to take the devil spawn to driving class)
    (I'm back)
    It's his opinion that Jodi suffers from PTSD. She did fine on all the scale test. The results show she answered honest.

Jr. is comfortable saying Jodi is PTSD.

Recess.

I love your recaps Berm!

He knew it was PTSD as soon as the check cleared. Why else would they call this guy? He wouldn't be testifying if they didn't think it would help.

The most fucked up part is that he spent months studying this fascinating asshole like she was some kind of worthwhile subject.
    He flattered her and she flattered him.

Quote Originally Posted by lildandy View Post
    I agree with you. I think he is credible in his field, but it doesn't really mean much that she got stressed out that the murder didn't go as she planned and lost her memory. (Which I don't believe. Just playing devil's advocate.)

And the PTSD--well gee, who wouldn't have that after brutally murdering someone and getting caught?
    His field seems to be testifying as an expert witness. His own website basically says that he will say what you need him to say to get a more favorable outcome for your client.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Estefaniia View Post
    that man looks soo sketchy
    SKEEVY.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Stress View Post
    Absolutely right. Of course anyone can lie about being in a 'fog'. They could, for example, have read up on others' experiences. There are however, specific tests, liken it to 'tricks' if you will, to try and ascertain if the person is faking memory loss. Never 100% conclusive. If it's difficult for the professional to determine, it's completely ridiculous to expect members of a jury to believe it. Not that that level of negativity will be covered here. The Prosecution may though!

I don't hate him, and he is a 'personable' chap I suppose, but he's a 'talking at' kind of person. I'd imagine the jury are glad to be listening to anyone but Jodi, but I hear what you're saying.

Exactly. Not to be missed by Juan.

Still no "personal" observations from this expert, and quoting from script, time-wasting nonsense that proves nothing - yet. A yes or no questionnaire - Jodi should have been an immediate fail then. Looks like this guy could be on the stand for a good few days.
    Yes...he will for sure go into all of that. At least Willmott is quicker than Nurmi in asking her questions.

The "test" to "prove" she had PTSD? I bet you I could take the same test and get the same results. PTSD is not diagnosed the same way as something like strep throat. It is NOT a 100% diagnosable disorder. He speaks about it like it is. I highly disagree with that. It is subjective to say the least.

grrrrr, going back to my time-out corner now.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseyDawn View Post
    OOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

So, this is supposed to have been written by this expert witness. It involves Matt McCartney and the pedophilia letters - oh and Juan threatening him with PERJURY!!!!

Shanna Hogan wrote this or Dr Richard "Show Me The Money" Samuels wrote this?

Aileen Wuornos suffered from PTSD. Died from lethal injection Oct. 2002. I rest my case.

We have service men and women who are returning from war that have to fight to get a PTSD diagnoses and she drops one on her like "no problem, of course she had PTSD"

Pisses me off big time!

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    Willmott Um's as much as JA! It's very dicombobulating!
    She is annoying the crap out of me with her 'um's and 'okay?'s!

Thread Information