Page 1793 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 793 1293 1693 1743 1783 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1803 1843 1893 ... LastLast
Results 44,801 to 44,825 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Not necessarily. Money is a powerful motivator and wonder how much testimony is skewed to be sold in one way or another versus telling the whole story for the sake that paycheck. I'm sure I it happens way more than anyone would like to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    50 to 90% of people can develop amnesia after sex?
    That would be convenient...

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I agree for the most part. Just not sure how I feel about this guy because he's going to try to back up Jodi's lies. I don't think its necessary to trash him though. He seems pretty credible in his knowledge.
    He is certainly very well spoken. I'll give him that. And that goes a long way with a jury.

I admit I am biased here. Team Travis all the way. I can't stand Jodi and I don't like anyone (such as this "expert") trying to excuse away what she did to Travis. I may be wrong for this, but it is just the way I am.

I'll shut up about it now.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Fuckin' Wilmott spent all night in front of the mirror rehearsing how to pronounce "hippocampus".

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Could not have said this better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    Thanks to all my thread mates who expressed their feelings of compassion when I posted my rape story. I would imagine most of us have had something traumatic happen in our lives. With that said, that is prolly why the "fog" crap just doesn't set well. :(
    Actually the two or three significant car accidents I've been in I have no memory of the actual accident. I remember right up to the moment of impact and then my memory picks up again once the car has come to rest. So I don't find him incredible, but I find Jodi's story incredible. I think the amnesia is unlikely to last hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimple blossom View Post
    Ewww expert dude had food on his lip and ate it
    Are you sure it was food?

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    My feed is behind...but, I just saw Jodi nodding her head "yes" in agreement with what this "expert" is saying. LMBO...so, does she think she is also an expert?

Well, it's her FOG!

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    50 to 90% of people can develop amnesia after sex?
    I know I'd like to forget some of the sex I've had LOL
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by andreanna View Post
    Not necessarily. Money is a powerful motivator and wonder how much testimony is skewed to be sold in one way or another versus telling the whole story for the sake that paycheck. I'm sure I it happens way more than anyone would like to admit.
    I agree 100%. I'm sure that goes both ways as well. I'd be more willing to believe someone if there was NO money tied to their testimony. Not the way it works, I know. Just my opinion.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    So I have to wonder if you go into fight OR flight mode.. wouldnt it be either or? I mean... she ran, she chose flight, but half way through the closet something clicked and she decided to fight? I dont really understand that.
    Yes, it's one or the other....not bopping back and forth between the two. And what does not fit with this case is that IF this was the case...and she was fighting, she would be fighting only to the point where she can then retreat from the danger. I'm fairly certain that Travis was posing no threat to her after the first stab or two. This didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Fuckin' Wilmott spent all night in front of the mirror rehearsing how to pronounce "hippocampus".
    Wonder how many times she said "hippopotamus"?

So she was so "acutely stressed out" about being rejected by Travis and not going on the Cancun trip that she can't remember stabbing him?

Correct.

Ok. did he just talk about exercise and eating right to live a stress free life?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    He is certainly very well spoken. I'll give him that. And that goes a long way with a jury.

I admit I am biased here. Team Travis all the way. I can't stand Jodi and I don't like anyone (such as this "expert") trying to excuse away what she did to Travis. I may be wrong for this, but it is just the way I am.

I'll shut up about it now.
    but don't forget if jodi's team didn't do this, any guilty verdict could be over turned - if they do not put on the best defense possible, then she could have a bigger chance of going free because of the time since the crime was committed

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    JA isn't even paying attention to Doc... she continues to glare toward the jury & doodle

My partner and I just laughed and said "he should have said she had TRANSIENT GLOBAL AMNESIA"!!! And he just said it!!! My partner had this 4 years ago, after coming out of a shower, in a hotel room in Spain! It was very frightening! Nothing stressful going on at all!! Not only did he not know where he was, he did not know who I was, and more importantly, HE DID NOT KNOW WHO HE WAS! It lasted less than an hour and he would certainly would not have been able to clean up evidence of himself from a friggin CRIME SCENE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by acertaingirl View Post
    Are you sure it was food?
    I'm guessing food particle from lunch and if not that then spit haha even sicker lol

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    I really don't see any purpose to this guy at all. He can't prove anything, just give his opinion. Then, on rebuttal, Martinez will put up his own witness and she'll shoot down everything this guy said and say that Jodi wasn't disassociative, amnesiac or whatever they're trying to say.
    Yes, it is the "battle of the experts" round one. I knew this would bother me. A lot. Maybe I should hold off on posting during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Come on guys stop hating on his testimony. He's testifying to the best of his knowledge in his field. What he's saying is true, he's not saying that it's what happened to Jodi specifically, he's talking about theoretical scenarios which may or may not have occured here. The defence has a job to do just because we don't agree doesn't mean we should trash him. The whole trial can't be one sided :/

My issue isn't with the "expert" witness testimony per se myy issue (having been a juror) is that most jurors won't even remember half of what the expert says nor do they truly care. If experts would give more ABC answers and try to explain things in a more basic form they would get more of what they are trying to say across. I agree however that the defense is doing what it needs to do to save her life.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    JA isn't even paying attention to Doc... she continues to glare toward the jury & doodle

Gotta keep Mama Arias in Ebay art money.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    but don't forget if jodi's team didn't do this, any guilty verdict could be over turned - if they do not put on the best defense possible, then she could have a bigger chance of going free because of the time since the crime was committed
    Yes, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    So she was so "acutely stressed out" about being rejected by Travis and not going on the Cancun trip that she can't remember stabbing him?

Correct.
    You know that is coming soon from JM

I am actually interested in juror reactions to this testimony, looking forward to the wrap up tonight and hearing if there are any juror questions in the basket

After those psychological test I administered the "Jersey Turnpike Skank Test". Let's just say she scored 100 on that one.

If i'm right in thinking the test takes the form of a questionnaire. Of which she could give answers she thinks are correct....

Thread Information