Page 167 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 667 1167 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Re: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

[quote author=Intrigued link=topic=16212.msg1500283#msg1500283 date=1262971176]
    My bad I am always writting in riddles, I meat to say that the lawyer isn't allowed to let the defendent get on the stand to declare her innocence if the lawyer knows she's guilty.  But we all know that doesn't always stand true.
    [/quote]

People who have confessed to crimes plead not guilty all the time and the lawyer is always behind them on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16212.msg1500314#msg1500314 date=1262972841]
      People who have confessed to crimes plead not guilty all the time and the lawyer is always behind them on that.
    [/quote]

I think she is saying that a lawyer will not let someone get on the stand and declare their innocence when that person has told the lawyer that they are guilty. They will still defend them, but they won't let them get up there and talk.

I'm not sure if that is an actual "law" or if the lawyer in the show she was watching just thought it would be immoral.
    Balls.

[quote author=kateisgr3at link=topic=16212.msg1501245#msg1501245 date=1263023055]
    I think she is saying that a lawyer will not let someone get on the stand and declare their innocence when that person has told the lawyer that they are guilty. They will still defend them, but they won't let them get up there and talk.

I'm not sure if that is an actual "law" or if the lawyer in the show she was watching just thought it would be immoral.
    [/quote]

I can't remember where but I once saw a lawyer say never ask your client if they're guilty.  :lol: There are just some things you are better off not knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16212.msg1501255#msg1501255 date=1263023859]
    I can't remember where but I once saw a lawyer say never ask your client if they're guilty.  :lol: There are just some things you are better off not knowing.
    [/quote]

:lol: I couldn't agree more
    Balls.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16212.msg1501255#msg1501255 date=1263023859]
    [/quote]I think I have heard that. 

[quote author=Intrigued link=topic=16212.msg1497798#msg1497798 date=1262808668]
    Did anyone see on the courts.gov/maricopa website that Monday she asked to have the "48 hour" interviews admissible in court, and she wanted to have the FINGERPRINTS EXCLUDED!!!  UM...?  And she is asking for all of the evidence found on the electronic media. 

What a screwball...I just started watching Boston Legal and I am learning some things about the legal system (and found myself thinking about Jodi a lot and what she has to deal with in court)...and the lawyer on there said she couldn't let the defendent testify of her "innocence" if the lawyer knows for sure that she will be lying.  And Jodi says she will definitely testify-maybe that's why she had to change her lawyers.

I can't wait until August...
    [/quote]

I'll be honest with you here:

If I was on trial for murder in a death penalty case, and the prosecuter had my bloody fingerprints on the wall next to the victim, I'd want that evidence excluded too!
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

I'm always the Devil's advocate (why did I capitalize devil that was weird - but it stands)... but bloody fingerprints, if I put myself in her place, can be explained away.  Yes, (get ready for gross) menstrual blood is different than blood from a cut, vein, whatever, she could still say that she cut herself shaving, or even worse (better?) that Travis had been abusive and had beaten, bloodied and/or just simply slapped her in order to make her bleed ... like nosebleed, lip laceration, etc.

I've been here in the discussion before and have never been biased, though it seems I may have been having read my earlier posts.  But I do believe she committed this crime.  She's icky on camera and I kinda wish I were jailed (for like, maybe parking tickets lol) at the time she'd first been arrested with her just to see if she's the sociopath I believe her to be.  In demeanor she is soft-spoken, self-assured, and many other hyphenated adjectives.

I love this thread so so much.  Can't wait til trial. 

RIP Travis, seriously, this really should never have happened.  Blessings and hope to your family.
    Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.  - Yogi Berra

Hello all,
    I have been lingering for a long time now and finally decided to sign up, i have read every single page on here about this case,I find it so fascinating like you all do.What a tradegy and RIP Travis, my heart also goes out to his loving family for I have seen they have posted on here as well.

I have been following the case on the arizona court website as im sure most of you have as well, did you all see the minute entry from Jan 12th? It looks as though she have been denied all those motions. I will copy it...

The Court has received the Case Management Plan filed on 01/08/2010.
    Discussion is held.
    Detective Michael Melendez is sworn and testifies.
    Defendant’s Exhibit 1 is marked for identification and on the Court’s own motion,
    received in evidence.
    The witness is excused.
    Based on the testimony presented,
    IT IS ORDERED denying Defendant’s Renewed Request for Discovery Relating to any
    and all Forensic Examinations Conducted upon any and Electronic Media.
    The Court has received and considered Defendant’s Motion to Strike State’s Death
    Notice Since Death by Lethal Injection will Result in Cruel and Unusual Punishment and the
    State’s Response.
    Counsel advise the Court that no further argument is needed.
    IT IS ORDERED denying Defendant’s Motion to Strike State’s Death Notice Since
    Death by Lethal Injection will Result in Cruel and Unusual Punishment.
    The Court has received and considered Defendant’s Motion to Exclude Fingerprint
    Evidence and the State’s Response.
    Counsel advise the Court that no further argument is needed.
    IT IS ORDERED denying Defendant’s Motion to Exclude Fingerprint Evidence.
    Discussion is held re: Defendant’s Request for Hearing; Admissibility of Interviews
    Conducted by “48 Hours” and Defendant’s Request for Out-of-State Summons Pursuant to
    A.R.S. § 13-4093.
    Based on the discussions held,
    IT IS ORDERED setting Evidentiary Hearing on March 12, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. (time
    allotted: 1 hour) in this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED directing Defense counsel to lodge the appropriate order
    for the summons in this division.
    Discussion is held re: Defendant’s Motion to Allow Jury to Consider Method of
    Execution (Lethal Injection) as a Mitigating Factor.
    IT IS ORDERED setting the above-stated Motion for oral argument on March 12, 2010
    at 8:30 a.m. in this division.
    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting the next Capital Case Management Conference on
    March 12, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. in this division.
    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that no less than two working days before each Case
    Management Conference, the parties shall submit a Joint Case Management Report. This report
    will inform the court of:
    1. The specific progress made since the last Case Management Conference in
    completing activities previously established by the court and the parties;
    2. Specific case preparation to be completed before the next Case Management
    Conference;
    3. Witnesses who have been interviewed in the preceding month;
    4. Witnesses who will be interviewed in the upcoming month;
    5. Pending issues to be resolved;
    6. Motion(s) to be filed.
    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming prior custody orders.
    LAST DAY REMAINS: 08/31/2010
    This case is eFiling eligible: http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/efiling/default.asp
    9:35 a.m. Matter concludes.
    FILED: Exhibit Worksheet
    LATER:
    The Court has received Defendant’s Certificate of Requesting Judge

mydeathspace

Thanks for the update BEB!

I'm interested to know who they will be summoning from out of state.

A.R.S. § 13-4093.

Maybe my buddy who handed over the photographs?  Or maybe someone from 48 Hours?

Im also curious to find out too! She must be extremely nervous now that they denied those motions! Oh well!

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1507762#msg1507762 date=1263599827]

A.R.S. § 13-4093.

Maybe my buddy who handed over the photographs?  Or maybe someone from 48 Hours?
    [/quote]

Maybe the guy in Utah who she went to see after she killed Travis?

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1507762#msg1507762 date=1263599827]

A.R.S. § 13-4093.

[/quote]

Ok, wait.. waht photographs? I have read this whole thread and for the life of my I don't remember any "other" photographs. Can someone please enlighten me 

RIP Travis

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=16212.msg1507842#msg1507842 date=1263603891]
    Maybe the guy in Utah who she went to see after she killed Travis?
    [/quote]

Yep.. Mr. Ryan Burns would be my bet as well.

Can anyone give me a better understanding on what's happening here? and maybe even why?  Thanks

MINUTE ENTRY
    The Court has received Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss Allegation of Death Penalty;
    Conflict of Interest.
    Pursuant to the Supreme Court Administrative Order 2009-124, the Court
    has identified this Motion as one that is subject to the authority of the Special
    Master.
    IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED referring this Motion to the Special
    Master for further proceedings. The Court will take no further action on the
    Motion until ordered to do so by the Special Master.

RULING
    These matters were assigned to the Special Master for consideration pursuant to Arizona
    Supreme Court AO 2009-124.
    Defense counsel in these matters have filed motions to disqualify the Maricopa County
    Attorney’s Office from prosecuting criminal matters filed in the Superior Court of Arizona for
    Maricopa County.
    Having considered the documents filed,
    IT IS ORDERED assigning defense motion to the Honorable Wallace R. Hoggatt, Judge
    of the Arizona Superior Court for Cochise County

mydeathspace

The trial was originally set for tomorrow.  :|

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1524464#msg1524464 date=1265046025]
    The trial was originally set for tomorrow.   :|
    [/quote]

Has it been pushed back? Im having trouble understanding everything on the website for her case.
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

Olivia

[quote author=GirlLoveWarrior link=topic=16212.msg1524974#msg1524974 date=1265083900]
    Has it been pushed back? Im having trouble understanding everything on the website for her case.
    [/quote]

Yes until August I think.

It seems the defense is trying to disqualify the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office from prosicuting Jodi's case. I went and looked again today and found this:

The assigned judge of the Superior Court, having been appointed by the Special Master
    to consider defense motions to disqualify the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, hereby
    ORDERS:
    1. No later than Friday, February 12, 2010, each party shall file a pre-hearing
    statement which shall include the name and contact information of each witness whom that party
    intends to call at the hearing; the substance of each witness’s expected testimony; the party’s
    good faith estimate of the amount of time required for each witness; and a list of all documents
    intangible items or other things the party intends to present at the hearing.
    2. Failure to file a pre-hearing statement as required by Order No. 1 above
    shall be considered waiver of any right to present evidence or argument.
    3. After receipt of each pre-hearing statement, the Court will determine if
    evidentiary hearings or oral argument will be granted in any particular case.
    4. Copies of any filings shall be sent by e-mail to gcobb@courts.az.gov on orbefore the due date. Failure to send copies in this way by the deadline shall be deemed a waiver
    of any right to have the filing considered by the Court.

[quote author=simono link=topic=16212.msg1527044#msg1527044 date=1265250568]
    It seems the defense is trying to disqualify the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office from prosicuting Jodi's case. I went and looked again today and found this:

The assigned judge of the Superior Court, having been appointed by the Special Master
    to consider defense motions to disqualify the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, hereby
    ORDERS:
    1. No later than Friday, February 12, 2010, each party shall file a pre-hearing
    statement which shall include the name and contact information of each witness whom that party
    intends to call at the hearing; the substance of each witness’s expected testimony; the party’s
    good faith estimate of the amount of time required for each witness; and a list of all documents
    intangible items or other things the party intends to present at the hearing.
    2. Failure to file a pre-hearing statement as required by Order No. 1 above
    shall be considered waiver of any right to present evidence or argument.
    3. After receipt of each pre-hearing statement, the Court will determine if
    evidentiary hearings or oral argument will be granted in any particular case.
    4. Copies of any filings shall be sent by e-mail to gcobb@courts.az.gov on orbefore the due date. Failure to send copies in this way by the deadline shall be deemed a waiver
    of any right to have the filing considered by the Court.
    [/quote]

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to even spend one night in Maricopa County. I think if I were her, I would have already found a way to hang myself with the only sheet they give you.

If not Maricopa County, then who would, or could? Also, does it appear that the trial may be moved to Cochise County? Also, it's currently scheduled to begin on August 16th. 

[quote author=spitfire331 link=topic=16212.msg1527055#msg1527055 date=1265251007]
    If not Maricopa County, then who would, or could? Also, does it appear that the trial may be moved to Cochise County? Also, it's currently scheduled to begin on August 16th. 
    [/quote]

She needs to be tried in Maricopa. Period. This case is not so widely broadcast that everyone knows about it, anyway. I just left Maricopa county, and I never talked to anyone that knew about this.

I doubt very highly that Yavapai or Coconino are going to take this case. That shit is going to stay right where it is in Maricopa. Hell, Arpaio isn't going to let ANY publicity go that he feels could be coming his way.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=16212.msg1527063#msg1527063 date=1265251330]

She needs to be tried in Maricopa. Period. This case is not so widely broadcast that everyone knows about it, anyway. I just left Maricopa county, and I never talked to anyone that knew about this.

I doubt very highly that Yavapai or Coconino are going to take this case. That shit is going to stay right where it is in Maricopa. Hell, Arpaio isn't going to let ANY publicity go that he feels could be coming his way.

[/quote]

Gothabella,
        It's probably got you really anxious to see what happens here. You sound as if you have some understanding of some of the people in the system there. Even if it's just knowing how a person usually works, can perhaps take some of the speculation out of the mix.

[quote author=simono link=topic=16212.msg1530020#msg1530020 date=1265499208]
    Gothabella,
         It's probably got you really anxious to see what happens here. You sound as if you have some understanding of some of the people in the system there. Even if it's just knowing how a person usually works, can perhaps take some of the speculation out of the mix.
    [/quote]

I am quite familiar with the courts and jails in Maricopa, Yavapai, and Coconino. I also feel that any publicity, even bad, is something that Arpaio thrives on.

I have talked to a lot of people in Maricopa County that have never even heard of this case. How is this possible? 
    I have certainly seen more about it on the web than I have the news, though.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=16212.msg1530032#msg1530032 date=1265500163]
    I am quite familiar with the courts and jails in Maricopa, Yavapai, and Coconino. I also feel that any publicity, even bad, is something that Arpaio thrives on.

I have talked to a lot of people in Maricopa County that have never even heard of this case. How is this possible? 
    I have certainly seen more about it on the web than I have the news, though.

[/quote]
    Gothabella,
    You are quite right about people here in Maricopa County. This case hasn't been on the news since right after it happened. I don't know how that works exactly since this crime was so horrible, but it has. There isn't any reason for the judge to move it to Yavapai or Coconino. There are enough people that would be in the jury pool that have no clue about this case at all.

RIP Travis

[quote author=Msmichie link=topic=16212.msg1530310#msg1530310 date=1265526415]
    Gothabella,
    You are quite right about people here in Maricopa County. This case hasn't been on the news since right after it happened. I don't know how that works exactly since this crime was so horrible, but it has. There isn't any reason for the judge to move it to Yavapai or Coconino. There are enough people that would be in the jury pool that have no clue about this case at all.
    [/quote]

I shudder (laugh) to think about what kind of conditions she is living in. 

Thread Information