Page 1238 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 238 738 1138 1188 1228 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1248 1288 1338 1738 ... LastLast
Results 30,926 to 30,950 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Did she say that they had vaginal sex?

If so, I'm surprised no one has mentioned birth control.

If not, I wonder if Travis wanted to avoid it due to risk of pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post

Part of me wants to think they didn't? Or he would actively try to avoid not to. Just because Travis seems religious enough to do everything but that. Kind of as a justification, since that is the "marriage hole" out of the three.

But a big part of me can see Jodi "accidentally" getting it put in the wrong place. He's too into it to protest, then gets all mad at her about it after the fact. Hence, the arguments.

I'm also kind of speculating that just say Jodi did "trap" him and ended up having a kid. She would probably have ended up going the Susan Smith route and killed it off once she got bored with Travis and found a new guy to obsess over.

I don't think Jodi would intentionally try to get pregnant. I don't think she wanted kids at all. That would pull the attention away from her. I think having a baby would change her dream lifestyle too much.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    I don't think Jodi would intentionally try to get pregnant. I don't think she wanted kids at all. That would pull the attention away from her. I think having a baby would change her dream lifestyle too much.
    I kind of agree with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by twilit View Post
    Codependent isn't an actual psychiatric condition as acknowledged in the DSM. No one can be diagnosed as codependent. It's a term that was came from AA and caught on heavy in the 80s. It desribes a pattern of behavior that may exist here but a lot of professionals consider it questionable and wouldn't throw around a term that has no scientific basis.
    Yup, you are correct. Codependency isn't listed as a mental disorder rather than a personality and behavioral pattern. But I see it still fits.

HERE ARE A FEW CHARACTERISTICS OF CODEPENDENTS:

- Feel most comfortable when they are giving
    - Find needy people to take care of
    - Try to please others instead of themselves
    - Have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility
    - Feel anxiety, pity, and guilt when other people have a problem
    - Wonder why people don't do for them
    - Feel victimized by the "selfishness" of others
    - Try to be all things to all people all the time
    - Have difficulty saying "no" and/or setting boundaries
    - Feel empty and bored when they are not involved in a crisis
    - Seek out chaos and then complain about it
    - Get angry when somebody refuses their help or doesn't take their advice
    - Tend of have a self-esteem that is connected to "doing"
    - Try to prove that they are good enough to be loved
    - Are afraid of making mistakes
    - Are easily offended by other's "rudeness" or "insincerity" or "uncaring attitude"
    - Can become self-righteous with phrases like "I would NEVER do that...."
    - Try to be perfect, and expect others to be perfect
    - Have self-blame and put themselves down
    - Must be in control at all times

Some of the signs can't apply because TA was pretty self sufficient. didn't stop Jodi from trying to ruin that though.
    "YOU FUCKED UP."

"Never cry over a whore..." - Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i like the word 'twat'.

I keep thinking about this but after she "scammed" him and betrayed him and hurt him like no one else. Plus he had already told her to go away and leave him alone, why oh why did he let her into his home and have sex with her that day?! I just can't get past that. I assumed that the only reason was that he cared about her to an extent but maybe it was purely that she talked him into a final time for old times sake?

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Did anyone catch this --> Day 20 as JA explains June 4th to Nurmi...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBNSypqlybc

Nurmi asks; now after you have cleaned yourself up & you dispose of the gun & the rope what do you do next?
    JA responds; I uhm I started looking around for uhm the charger that I didn't that I thought I left because Matt hadn't answered his phone until HE WAS THERE {0:37:25 aprx} & da I started cleaning out the car & it was under the seat of the passenger side so I plugged it in I turned on my phone there is no reception there was,as uhm as I began to drive some reception came like one little bar & two & then one & then none & I had uhm I think I had voicemails I kept trying to check them but the reception wasn't strong enough to complete the call so I don't know if I had text messages or not but I texted...

She said "HE WAS THERE" (Matt), she looks up after she realizes she's said that, almost like an Oop's, but continue's on.

Here are today's local stories, one written by Michael Keifer, the reporter that tweets on the livefeed.

"For 10 days, with countless more to come, this woman has been telling the world how her perverted lover beat her and sexually abused her to the point where she “kind of felt like a prostitute”, and oh yeah, how she would always come back for more – sometimes driving all the way from California — because “I loved him.”

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/la...en-everywhere/

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ty-ruling.html

Quote Originally Posted by Schpadoinkle View Post
    Yup, you are correct. Codependency isn't listed as a mental disorder rather than a personality and behavioral pattern. But I see it still fits.

- Are easily offended by other's "rudeness" or "insincerity" or "uncaring attitude"

Some of the signs can't apply because TA was pretty self sufficient. didn't stop Jodi from trying to ruin that though.
    I don't see her as codependent at all. Some of the behaviors might be similar, but I think for a different reason.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
    Here are today's local stories, one written by Michael Keifer, the reporter that tweets on the livefeed.

"For 10 days, with countless more to come, this woman has been telling the world how her perverted lover beat her and sexually abused her to the point where she “kind of felt like a prostitute”, and oh yeah, how she would always come back for more – sometimes driving all the way from California — because “I loved him.”

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/la...en-everywhere/

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ty-ruling.html
    LOL @ "50 Shades of Eeeew"
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    I keep thinking about this but after she "scammed" him and betrayed him and hurt him like no one else. Plus he had already told her to go away and leave him alone, why oh why did he let her into his home and have sex with her that day?! I just can't get past that. I assumed that the only reason was that he cared about her to an extent but maybe it was purely that she talked him into a final time for old times sake?
    This part bother me too. Given the types of things people have reported that Travis said to them about Jodi during the months leading up to his murder, it is VERY hard for me to understand why he would let her into his home on June 4th.

Some have argued that he is being held at gunpoint. I don't believe that she would be able to maintain control of him for such a long period of time. I think he would have lunged at her at some point, or done something to try to get away if in fact she was holding him hostage.

But, I do need to keep in mind, that even SHE admitted that when she came into his house that night, he was not aware she was there.

I think they found a couple of uncashed checks in his house and in the interrogation with Flores, she asked if they would be cashed. I wonder if bringing these payments to her was part of her excuse for why she was at his house- using the baby voice saying she just really wanted to pay him back, and oh, gosh, now its so late, I really need to go to sleep, and then it just went on from there.

But assuming that she was not holding him hostage with a gun, I can't understand why he would have spent the afternoon having sex with her.

I think one factor here is that men in general do not tend to feel physically afraid of a woman. So even if a woman is stalking them, etc, it might annoy them rather than scare them. This then means that a man in such a situation would not even contemplate the idea that she would try to harm him, and would also assume that if she tried, he could overpower her. Most normal men do not think that a woman will suddenly show up with a weapon and try to kill them.

So many questions we'll probably never be able to answer......

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    I just spent the last couple hours bawling. :( This is one of the saddest and yet most moving films I've ever seen.
    This case has some very eery parallels to the Jodi Arias case -

I haven't caught up on my posts yet, so this video may have been posted several times since this one. Reps to Jinkasaurus for posting this video. I saw it posted a few times last night, but passed it up until I saw Justice post it again with her comments. It is heart wrenching to watch, but if one has the time, try not to pass it up. Oh, if only Jodi's jury had their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post

Nurmi asks; now after you have cleaned yourself up & you dispose of the gun & the rope what do you do next?
    JA responds; I uhm I started looking around for uhm the charger that I didn't that I thought I left because Matt hadn't answered his phone until HE WAS THERE {0:37:25 aprx} & da I started cleaning out the car & it was under the seat of the passenger side so I plugged it in I turned on my phone there is no reception there was,as uhm as I began to drive some reception came like one little bar & two & then one & then none & I had uhm I think I had voicemails I kept trying to check them but the reception wasn't strong enough to complete the call so I don't know if I had text messages or not but I texted...

She said "HE WAS THERE" (Matt), she looks up after she realizes she's said that, almost like an Oop's, but continue's on.
    I'm speculating that she had a rendezvous with Matt and his roommates after the murder, and the camping with strangers story is bullshit. Pics, or it didn't happen.

I agree with those who diagnosed JA as borderline. She doesn't perfectly fit the dx b/c she doesn't have hx of serious suicide attempts or self mutilation (at least in my experience). She does fit a picture when under stress (due to real or imaginary abandonment or rejection) to have sociopathic tendencies. By that I mean any empathy she has goes and she becomes cold and calculating. Once TA broke off with her finally, it has been said it was mean. (No doubt that was the only way to end it with her) That action would have been the triggering event. Gave her a week to plan and execute the murder. It would not have taken much for her to become enraged.

I think he saw her again because either she just showed up at his house and walked in or the promise of more sex was too good for him to pass up. I don't think he was afraid of her. I think he was tired of her BS but since she was living in CA and just passing through, he thought, what the hell, one more sexy time. I don't think he ever thought it would end in his murder.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    According to the DSM IV, both psychopathy and sociopathy fall under antisocial personality disorder, so you don't have to decide.
    I also started following this case after the 48 Hours episode Picture Perfect. I went into it thinking that she could not possibly be guilty, but then as they laid the evidence down, I slowly came to the realization that she was totally guilty. It is creepy!!!

Even if someone has antisocial personality disorder (psychopathy), it does not mean they are going to kill someone. Most, actually, do not.
    Thanks for the clarification zeebee. I didn't know that, but see it makes total sense. It sounds like you went into the Jodi trial with an open mind! You would be an excellent juror. I'm a simple layperson, but I've heard more than once that most people with psychopathy do not usually kill other people. And, I don't think a person has to have a personality disorder to kill another person.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Based on all the things good ole Matt has done/tried to do, who believes that she slept on the floor at his place the night of June 3rd?-raise your hand. Now who believes that she pulled a threesome with him and his roommate and a king size Big Chunk bar?-raise your hand!
    Yep, I thought that IMMEDIATELY!!! In fact, I almost expected her to say it for a split second before I realized this is Jodi we're talking about and she is too busy pretending to be an innocent flower. But I completely think that is what went down!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
    probably due to so many abortions from her promiscous teen years. and maybe Travis did pull out in the infrequent vag sex.

would like to add that in my multi quote attempt, this got put in with the quote, should have been in the white area about the call log:

Was the alleged incident (pedo) the 21 or 22? it appears she stayed the night the 21, because he asks her if she used his phone the morning of the 22. I am confused. He called her a lot on the 21st.(the date changes from 21 to 22 during the texts, no phone call shown on the 22)
    She claims to have seen him looking at the kiddie pics on the 21st of January 2008, and the violence and breaking of the finger incident happened on the 22nd. The texts don't support this theory AT ALL! In fact, I think they completely make it apparent that it never happened and I loved that. Oh JUAN!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    I too have thought about why she didn't try to play the pregnancy card. Especially with a religious guy such as Travis, where an abortion would be an absolute no go. I'm curious if she ever tried to pull a few times when she wasn't even pregnant with him, but told him she was.

As far as trapping Darryl, she wasn't crazy about him the way she was about Travis.
    Hmmmmm I wonder if she would too. But I think she is so egotistical that she wants him to want only her and I wonder if the thought of him wanting her just because of a baby might piss her off. I don't know, just wonder.

She has said she did and I completely think they did. It just is ridiculously unlikely that they didn't considering they'd been sleeping together for 2 years. Also, when they talk about fulfilling all their fantasies, there has got to be vag sex in there. I just can't imagine 2 years of sex NOT going into that territory, it's just natural... And heck, once they've crossed the "morality line" for so long, I don't think it would have been very hard for Travis to just slide right on to the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    Yep, I always thought the idea of her wanting kids was weird. But my sis-in-law is complete narcissistic disorder (different from Jodi's but similar characteristics) and she has three kids. But now in many ways her kids are a way for her to look like the perfect image of what she believes she "should" be. Sooooo dunno. But I'm sure glad she didn't because Jodi would be a HORRIBLE mother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    That makes me SO sad. And hearing those texts just a bit before the killing where he tells her "you are the worst thing that ever happened to me" I just think, "WHY did you keep letting her back in then?!?!?!" If only, if only, if only....

(granted she may have still found a way - probably sneak into his house and kill him when he doesn't expect it. Sick woman).

I think he saw her again because either she just showed up at his house and walked in or the promise of more sex was too good for him to pass up. I don't think he was afraid of her. I think he was tired of her BS but since she was living in CA and just passing through, he thought, what the hell, one more sexy time. I don't think he ever thought it would end in his murder.
    Yeah, I totally agree. You never want to think someone you know and have some level of feelings for (and they'd been lovers and friends) would do something like that. It just is not natural to think that, unfortunately. Also, people who would never do a crime like that have a hard time imagining others being capable. Heck, its hard for me to wrap my head around it, even though we have seen the crime pics and KNOW she did this.

I think they had a lot of issues and he had a lot of hurt and anger towards her (well deserved I believe) but I don't think he ever thought she would do something like this.

Poor Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by maxeshomemadecupcakes View Post
    Okay, first post...please be kind...

I was following this case for a while, but three (now almost four) weeks ago my mom passed away suddenly/unexpectedly so I've been coming on to read up but now there's just too many pages popping up and I'm getting lost.

Have they touched on June 4 yet?
    Can someone give me a super quick rundown for this week? I know thats a lot to ask so if not that's fine.
    Any good clips/quotes/lies? haha

Anyways I'm Melanie by the way.
    Hi Melanie! Welcome!!

I'm not wearing any pants
    Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    Sorry you got upset <3
    I was laughing and cheering, that's a good girl, show them you real self Jodi!
    Strong, antagonistic and the KILLER best one ... Has to have the last word! ( Even if it means kill someone to get it)
    Yeah, she really is showing how she really is. sorry some of you don't like my sig. i'll take it out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Schpadoinkle View Post

I honestly don't think Jodi fits many of these characteristics as all. I think she is trying to make it seem she does through her lies.

That is weird. I think she was referring to calling Matt to see if her charger was at his place. He wasn't home when she called, then later he was there (at his home) and told her she did not leave it at his place.
    But, I don't know, just speculation.

I don't see her as codependent at all. Some of the behaviors might be similar, but I think for a different reason.
    Agree!!! The "different reason" is because she wants to appear a certain way to garner sympathy.

(Just my opinion. I am a "professional psychologist" in the same manner that Jodi is a "professional photographer".)

Agree. :(
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Money and the bankruptcy is important

This part bother me too. Given the types of things people have reported that Travis said to them about Jodi during the months leading up to his murder, it is VERY hard for me to understand why he would let her into his home on June 4th.

Some have argued that he is being held at gunpoint. I don't believe that she would be able to maintain control of him for such a long period of time. I think he would have lunged at her at some point, or done something to try to get away if in fact she was holding him hostage.

But, I do need to keep in mind, that even SHE admitted that when she came into his house that night, he was not aware she was there.

I think they found a couple of uncashed checks in his house and in the interrogation with Flores, she asked if they would be cashed. I wonder if bringing these payments to her was part of her excuse for why she was at his house- using the baby voice saying she just really wanted to pay him back, and oh, gosh, now its so late, I really need to go to sleep, and then it just went on from there.

But assuming that she was not holding him hostage with a gun, I can't understand why he would have spent the afternoon having sex with her.

I think one factor here is that men in general do not tend to feel physically afraid of a woman. So even if a woman is stalking them, etc, it might annoy them rather than scare them. This then means that a man in such a situation would not even contemplate the idea that she would try to harm him, and would also assume that if she tried, he could overpower her. Most normal men do not think that a woman will suddenly show up with a weapon and try to kill them.

So many questions we'll probably never be able to answer......
    In general in 2008, the floor was falling through for many people financially. It's possible (though there is no evidence) that Travis's business and finances were effected. Not that he suddenly became penniless, but that he didn't have the discretionary money he used to have. Plus both of his roommates had lived with him for a short period of time. It's likely he needed the money she owed him for the car. I am betting the only reason she was allowed in was with the promise to pay him. Once in she may have seduced him with that fresh Brazilian or Hollywood wax.

I am still intrigued by the bald vulva...when and where did she get that done?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    I honestly don't think Jodi fits many of these characteristics as all. I think she is trying to make it seem she does through her lies.
    You're right, I kinda shot myself in the foot after draping that big blanket statement over my head. I guess you can't make sense outta NUTS.
    "YOU FUCKED UP."

"Never cry over a whore..." - Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i like the word 'twat'.

Quote Originally Posted by verysad2see View Post
    I'm not paying as much attention to this thread as I should (and trying to decide if I should read through all 1400+ pages because I've missed so much), is the trail carried through the weekend or put on hold?
    I got lost with all the pages too. I read Thursday because that was an awesome day! I picked up from there. Just a suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I, too, have wondered about pregnancies and birth control. Maybe they relied on anal sex for birth control? It seems odd that they were having frequent sex for almost two years without any mention of birth control. Thoughts?
    Birth control? It never crossed my mind. We don't know if Jodi had one of those long term birth control methods. I would bet she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    I too have thought about why she didn't try to play the pregnancy card. Especially with a religious guy such as Travis, where an abortion would be an absolute no go. I'm curious if she ever tried to pull a few times when she wasn't even pregnant with him, but told him she was.

As far as trapping Darryl, she wasn't crazy about him the way she was about Travis.
    I don't think Jodi wanted kids. I think it would have cramped her style and she didn't want to get fat like her mother. Isn't that a nice thing to say about your size 10 mother? She's such a bitch. Her mom is fat and abusive, her sister is dumb/stupid, what else did she say about her family. She is so unappreciative of her family. She makes me sick.

I took that to mean he was there when she called. I totally think she confided in him and he helped her with the clusterfuck of covering it up.

This. I agree with you zee. I think he figured one more romp and she would be history. Unfortunately, being horny ended up with his death.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Thread Information