Page 114 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 614 1114 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

Re: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn into a circus. There is no telling what kind of bat-shit crazy stuff Jodi is planning on throwing out there. She keeps saying stuff will be "disclosed at a later date" (i.e. Travis being abusive and what-not..) I am sure the prosecution is going to have tons-o-fun with her.

ETA: That's another example as to why it would last that long. Anything can happen to turn things in another direction for either side...and they have to have time to think about how to handle it.
    Balls.

I dont' buy the " She keeps saying stuff will be "disclosed at a later date"

There was another murder case and the accused was telling all his friends and family that it will all come out at trial and the truth will be revealed (presumably to show he was innocent). But then eventually he just accepted a plea for 2nd degree murder and went away to prison. Nothing ever came out and nothing was answered.

Jodi is just buying herself some time so she can avoid accountability. Once she's on death row, it won't really matter.

hopefully of an ex of Jodi's gets summoned.
    if they're still alive.

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=16212.msg1247512#msg1247512 date=1239643863]
    I dont' buy the " She keeps saying stuff will be "disclosed at a later date"

There was another murder case and the accused was telling all his friends and family that it will all come out at trial and the truth will be revealed (presumably to show he was innocent). But then eventually he just accepted a plea for 2nd degree murder and went away to prison. Nothing ever came out and nothing was answered.

Jodi is just buying herself some time so she can avoid accountability. Once she's on death row, it won't really matter.
    [/quote]

Is it sad to say that I really hope she doesn't accept a plea agreement? In my opinion, there is no way she is going to get off in this case, but I am really curious to hear what she has to say and see how the defense goes about claiming her innocence. However, if the jury found her innocent I would be furious...but like I said, I think that is very unlikely.

I doubt she is going to take a plea agreement though, I really do. I think if there was even the slightest chance she thought she might, I don't think she would have gone through all of the press conferences and the 48 hours mystery segment...nor do I think her attorneys would have advised her to. But that's just my opinion.
    Balls.

I'm surprised that it will only take 4 months. my fuggin child custody case has been going on for a year.

I don't think she will be able to submit any surprise evidence or anything that will be disclosed only when shes in court. I don't know about murder cases but usually you have to give up everything you know/have before court. Even with witnesses, you have to tell the courts why you want that person as a witness and what they are testifying to.

The abuse shit wont stick, the only way the judge will even consider it is if she has police records showing he has a history of abuse or a therapist who has diagnosed jodi as an abused woman.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=16212.msg1247619#msg1247619 date=1239652829]
    I'm surprised that it will only take 4 months. my fuggin child custody case has been going on for a year.

I don't think she will be able to submit any surprise evidence or anything that will be disclosed only when shes in court. I don't know about murder cases but usually you have to give up everything you know/have before court. Even with witnesses, you have to tell the courts why you want that person as a witness and what they are testifying to.

The abuse shit wont stick, the only way the judge will even consider it is if she has police records showing he has a history of abuse or a therapist who has diagnosed jodi as an abused woman.
    [/quote]
    Politicians bowing down to constituents and special interest groups make laws, and not legal scholars :/
    So, the rules on discovery and disclosure are contradictory and vague. Judge Duncan is going to have to make rulings on an issue by issue basis as to what evidence stays and what goes.  From what I can tell from other stories about her in the news, she's a hanging judge and has no problems sending convicted murderers to be executed.
    I have no idea if having a woman judge will work in Jodi's favor or against it, if it makes any difference at all.
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

[quote author=bryanwasdrunk link=topic=16212.msg1247659#msg1247659 date=1239655679]
    Politicians bowing down to constituents and special interest groups make laws, and not legal scholars :/
    So, the rules on discovery and disclosure are contradictory and vague. Judge Duncan is going to have to make rulings on an issue by issue basis as to what evidence stays and what goes.  From what I can tell from other stories about her in the news, she's a hanging judge and has no problems sending convicted murderers to be executed.
    I have no idea if having a woman judge will work in Jodi's favor or against it, if it makes any difference at all.
    [/quote]

I think it will make a huge difference. She won't be able to pull the "i.m a sweet lil woman" card.

How would the abuse thing help Jodi's case? All it would do is show that she had a motive to kill Travis?

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=16212.msg1247682#msg1247682 date=1239656524]
    How would the abuse thing help Jodi's case? All it would do is show that she had a motive to kill Travis?
    [/quote]

yeeeep...

which would make it either self defense or temporary insanity/crime of passion.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=16212.msg1247686#msg1247686 date=1239656664]
    yeeeep...

which would make it either self defense or temporary insanity/crime of passion.
    [/quote]
    Temporary insanity is not a mitigating factor in Arizona, even if she escaped from a mental hospital where she was in a straight jacket and locked in a padded cell. 
    To sucessfully use an insanity defense, she'll have to lose her court case, lose her appeal, get heard by the Supreme Court, and finally get a reversal on it's 2006 decision on Arizona vs Eric Michael Clark.

It could happen, but she has to get sent to death row first.
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

[quote author=cheerthis95 link=topic=16212.msg1247121#msg1247121 date=1239572035]

First, I apolijize that my post got messed up. I don't know how that happened, guess I was too tired to type. Second, I am sorry I am curious and seem 'mental'. I am not a mentally disturbed person, just curious. Curiosity gets the best of some people so excuse me for posting and asking. I never meant it to be disrespectful. Seeing those pictures are just as bad as seeing the mom who shot her son in the head's video but no one looked down at anyone for posting it/watching it. I guess it just depends who you are how people look at you and what you say/do. I have never been to those websites either and I'm not a cold hearted person. I wasn't planning to ogle over them, I just wanted to see it from a foresnics/case point of view. Now I see why  a lot of people just lurk. I thought this site of all sites would be a bit more open-minded to be able to post. I found this place the same was as a lot of other people, I came across it after losing a loved one (though not posted on here) and have been interested in it since. So, think what you will. 
    [/quote]

Your'e fine.A lot of established members have expressed interest,myself included.We all have different ideas on the "morality" or "rightness" of seeing Travis's crime-scene photos.

We are ALL MyDeathSpace members.That right there negates any arguement to "weirdness" or  our mentalities.Pot,kettle?

Second of all, Travis had to live and die through the events captured in those pictures.How much more horrible was that experience compared to seeing him dead? Imo, the least we can do is share the outrage. If I were brutally murdered,damn right I'd want the world to see what happened to me! The full horror.That would bring the tragedy home to life for so many people.   Some folks disagree, but those are the living.

Sharing my death might make up for dying alone,like Travis did.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=16212.msg1247361#msg1247361 date=1239609819]
    when she was asked a question she didn't exactly turn her neck just her eyes shifted. like she didn't want to mess up her hair or something. she's to rehearsed and way to calm, where are the tears.

okay now she's turning her neck halfway thru the interview. :lol:
    [/quote]

My eyes shift when I am trying to remember something .Even when I tell the truth.I think the &quot;eyes shift left or right&quot; idea is a myth.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

I think this bitch and Casey Anthony would make good cellmates. They're both utter fucking loons. Scary bitches.
    I&#39;d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I am not.

Women receive lighter sentences than men for the same types of crimes. This is well known.

Most judges are men.

The more you know.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

mydeathspace

----Comments deleted----

Take the arguing to the Off Topic section.

[quote author=bryanwasdrunk link=topic=16212.msg1247323#msg1247323 date=1239598199]
    &nbsp; It seems the &quot;intruders&quot; decided at some point to just say &quot;Oh, screw it, I don't have time for this. I've got a date in Utah.&quot;
    [/quote]

I loled

Has the &quot;date in Utah&quot; ever spoken publicly about all this?

[quote author=coop link=topic=16212.msg1248130#msg1248130 date=1239682414]
    Has the &quot;date in Utah&quot; ever spoken publicly about all this?
    [/quote]
    nope.
    you get to see a picture of him on 48 hours program, though

ETA
    Myspace is here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =46908047

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=16212.msg1247228#msg1247228 date=1239586190]
    jilldoll, you must not have known Travis to well!! Did you know Jodi? Did you know he was abusive?

UGH! if Jodi didn't kill Travis, then why is it Travis vs. Jodi? I hope someone kills Karma.&nbsp;

[/quote]

Seriously!&nbsp; WTF is this person trying to pull?!&nbsp; AND I no longer believe that Karma is a woman.&nbsp;

Well...if Jodi ever sees the light of day, maybe she will kill Karma!&nbsp;
    ALWAYS DO RIGHT.&nbsp; THIS WILL GRATIFY SOME PEOPLE AND ASTONISH THE REST. ~Mark Twain~

Here's something really ironic about a comment on his picture featured on 48 hours:

~CoUrTnEy~ March 17, 2006 12:07 PM
    This looks like it should be on t.v. LOL* In a commercial for GAP or something. Ha ha way cute!

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1247812#msg1247812 date=1239664320]
    ----Comments deleted----

Take the arguing to the Off Topic section.

[/quote]

wait, is this in response to what chaunce said? Cos I want to tell him he's statistically wrong without contributing to a forbidden conversation.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=16212.msg1248172#msg1248172 date=1239689938]
    wait, is this in response to what chaunce said? Cos I want to tell him he's statistically wrong without contributing to a forbidden conversation.
    [/quote]

I said that after.

Which part?
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=16212.msg1248173#msg1248173 date=1239690897]
    I said that after.

Which part?
    [/quote]
    I don't think the OT conversation about gender differences in the American justice system is off limits, but i think the deleted posts with the name calling is.

I know for an absolute fact that Susan Smith, the woman in South Carolina who drowned her children in a lake but blamed it on a man physically resembling a 70s Jimmy Walker, is serving her sentence living in a cottage at Leath Correctional Institute.

You don't hear about that kind of stuff in men's prisons.&nbsp; There's a huge difference between time in women's prison and time in men's prison.&nbsp; As far as getting same time for the same crime, I haven't seen any statistics.

ETA:
    Well, maybe not so much a 70s Jimmy Walker.&nbsp; I had to google up an image of the alleged &quot;carjacker&quot;

It's the cap

mydeathspace

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=16212.msg1248172#msg1248172 date=1239689938]
    wait, is this in response to what chaunce said?
    [/quote]

No. It was in response to people calling each other faggots.

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=16212.msg1246742#msg1246742 date=1239555535]I have no desire to see those photos - none at all - and I don't understand the mentality of the people that do.&nbsp; I don't mean that to be nasty, I understand about curiosity and all, just not curiosity about that.&nbsp; Those pictures would haunt me - I could never unsee them.&nbsp; I can't even go to those websites that show gross pictures (ogrish or whatever it's called) or watch movie with graphic violence.&nbsp; I don't know Travis, but I can't help but feel it's somehow disrespectful to oogle over pictures of him in such a sad state.&nbsp; I applaud Mike's refusal to post the pics here.[/quote]

[quote author=cheerthis95 link=topic=16212.msg1247121#msg1247121 date=1239572035]First, I apolijize that my post got messed up. I don't know how that happened, guess I was too tired to type. Second, I am sorry I am curious and seem 'mental'. I am not a mentally disturbed person, just curious. Curiosity gets the best of some people so excuse me for posting and asking. I never meant it to be disrespectful. Seeing those pictures are just as bad as seeing the mom who shot her son in the head's video but no one looked down at anyone for posting it/watching it. I guess it just depends who you are how people look at you and what you say/do. I have never been to those websites either and I'm not a cold hearted person. I wasn't planning to ogle over them, I just wanted to see it from a foresnics/case point of view. Now I see why&nbsp; a lot of people just lurk. I thought this site of all sites would be a bit more open-minded to be able to post. I found this place the same was as a lot of other people, I came across it after losing a loved one (though not posted on here) and have been interested in it since. So, think what you will.&nbsp; [/quote]

Jeez cheerthis95, paranoid much?&nbsp; About 30 people said they want to see the pictures, what made you think I was talking about you specifically?&nbsp; I started that post by saying I didn't mean the comment to be nasty, maybe you didn't read that part.&nbsp; And where did I say you were mentally disturbed?&nbsp; I said I don't understand the mentality of people that want to see disturbing pictures - that means I don't understand their thought process, it doesn't mean I think they are mentally disturbed.&nbsp; I also said I understand being curious, but I personally don't understand being curious about something like that.&nbsp; It goes back to not understanding the thought process.&nbsp; I didn't watch the video of the mom who shot her son in the head (like I said in my previous post I can't watch stuff like that because I can't get it out of my head), but I don't &quot;look down&quot; on anyone who did nor do I &quot;look down&quot; on anyone who wants to see Travis' crime scene photos.&nbsp; So relax, take a deep breath... no one was attacking you.&nbsp; :lol:

But since you brought it up:&nbsp; I stand by my personal opinion that it is somehow disrespectful to Travis' memory to make those photos available for public viewing.&nbsp; I'm not talking about on a need to know basis - that means people who are working the case in an official capacity would have a requirement to see the photos (jurors, investigators, psychiatrists, medical personnel, etc.).&nbsp; Also, criminal justice/forensic science students in a classroom setting would have a legitimate reason to see them.&nbsp; In my opinion, any other use is for curiosity and it's just not appropriate - that's just my opinion - it's not law, it's not going to stop anyone from viewing anything they want so there's no need to get up in arms about it.&nbsp; I admit I'm pretty sensitive about this because of my own personal experience and because of my years of work in the criminal justice and victim advocacy field.&nbsp; I used to have a job where I was required to see some pretty gruesome stuff on the regular - in my current job I occasionally still do.&nbsp; It is definitely not an aspect of the job I enjoy and I find it distressing to be honest.&nbsp; I'm a visual person, images haunt me.&nbsp; If I don't have to see graphic images I don't go looking for them.

For me, this isn't about &quot;morality.&quot;&nbsp; For one thing, it's about sensitivity to a victim's family.&nbsp; It's easy enough to say Travis is dead so what does it matter to him, but I can assure you it matters greatly to his family.&nbsp; HappyPhantom, you say you would want the world to see what happened to you and that's fine, it's your body.&nbsp; But would you feel the same if it was your young daughter who was brutally raped and stabbed and left naked in the woods to be eaten by animals and decompose for five days?&nbsp; Would you &quot;share the outrage&quot; by posting photos of her stab wounds, grimacing face, chewed off ear, etc?&nbsp; I doubt you would be able to view those photos yourself, let alone share them with the world so they could see your child in such a sad and vulnerable state.&nbsp; When photos like this are made public they become available to everyone - not just those with a professional interest or healthy curiosity about death and dying.&nbsp; They are fair game for twisted idiots who think it's funny to send them to the family, make them into &quot;motivational&quot; posters, lulz icons, etc.&nbsp; Would you want that for your deceased loved one?&nbsp; I doubt you would, but once the photos are out there it's impossible to control what is done with them.

And I'm not even going to bother addressing the possible implications to both the defense and prosecution of releasing crime scene photos before the trial.&nbsp; I could go on all day about that and lord knows I'm long-winded enough!&nbsp;

So to reiterate, I'm not blasting anyone who has seen the photos nor am I blasting anyone who wants to see the photos, but I do think it's sad that someone in a position of public trust thought it was appropriate to share them outside the police department/prosecutor's office/coroner's office.&nbsp;

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information