Page 343 of 2171 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 843 1343 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 54252

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

  1. #8551
    Moderator nestlequikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nunavut
    Posts
    10,000
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs3ssion View Post
    Isn't it strange that mainstream media is showing these autopsy and crime scene photos like it's no big deal? I can't figure out how we progressed to this point - am I wrong or is it different in this case? I've never seen photos like these shown on TV/news, In Session, or on HuffPo, Crimesider, etc. They're always blurred almost to the point where you can't see anything at all (I'm thinking, for example, of the photos they showed of the girl in CA who supposedly bound/hung herself over the rich guy's balcony after his son had fallen down the stairs and died a few days earlier). What is different about this case - or is this just a new direction the world is going in? Is it the fact that it happened almost 5 years ago, they figure enough time has elapsed that it shouldn't bother people as much? I just don't get it.
    I wondered this as well.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

  2. #8552
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    I wonder if maybe because he was so into the Mormon social scene and always around girls that don't put out that he knew Jodi was fucked, but she was the only contact he had to get laid. Sounds crass, but it's true. 30 year old dude is going to want to get laid.
    My initial response to your previous post was going to be that he was a man so the thought of getting laid probably persuaded him to let her come over

  3. #8553
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I hope that he didn't feel it. The photo timeline seems to show that it was all over fairly quickly. I remember severing my finger and I didn't feel any pain other than the sharp tug when my finger came off. Everyone else around me flipping the fuck out and screaming was much more frightening than the actual injury.
    Uguhughugh. I do agree that when other people stress out that's when you realize it's serious and it gets scary. I just think of fingers coming off and tendons getting severed and I'm all like this:



    That fucking hand picture makes me shudder the most out of everything they have shown.

  4. #8554
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    Uguhughugh. I do agree that when other people stress out that's when you realize it's serious and it gets scary. I just think of fingers coming off and tendons getting severed and I'm all like this:



    That fucking hand picture makes me shudder the most out of everything they have shown.
    I was only 4 and I remember saying "hey look" as I looked down and watched my top become soaked in blood whilst my elder sister screamed bloody murder

  5. #8555
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I was only 4 and I remember saying "hey look" as I looked down and watched my top become soaked in blood whilst my elder sister screamed bloody murder
    Hands and heads are bloody. Was it determined they thought he died of blood loss?

  6. #8556
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    Hands and heads are bloody. Was it determined they thought he died of blood loss?
    I think I recall the ME saying that. He said that 3 (I think) wounds would be considered fatal and that he bled out.

  7. #8557
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I think I recall the ME saying that. He said that 3 (I think) wounds would be considered fatal and that he bled out.
    It's like, he had a ton of other injuries that would cause him to die but the blood loss was primary.

    Getting stabbed in the heart makes me shudder. His poor family. This is too public, ya know?

  8. #8558
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    It's like, he had a ton of other injuries that would cause him to die but the blood loss was primary.

    Getting stabbed in the heart makes me shudder. His poor family. This is too public, ya know?
    Having all of the crime scene pictures out there for anyone to see and total strangers combing through every little detail to speculate must be hard. Every time I watch the trial I think that the family must be so strong to sit there through everything and not leap across the divider and beat the shit out of Jodi. If it was my relative, I don't think I'd have the self control to sit there.

  9. #8559
    Junior Member chaosengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    I wonder if maybe because he was so into the Mormon social scene and always around girls that don't put out that he knew Jodi was fucked, but she was the only contact he had to get laid. Sounds crass, but it's true. 30 year old dude is going to want to get laid.
    I agree with that. Travis got a taste of the poon and didn't want it to go away. He was probably addicted to her in that way, which makes sense as to why he would keep letting her come around even though he knew she was a hot mess.

  10. #8560
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    Having all of the crime scene pictures out there for anyone to see and total strangers combing through every little detail to speculate must be hard. Every time I watch the trial I think that the family must be so strong to sit there through everything and not leap across the divider and beat the shit out of Jodi. If it was my relative, I don't think I'd have the self control to sit there.
    Straight up. I couldn't hold it together and I would have thrown a chair at her fucking face by now. I know on the FB page they said it's open to the public and that they are trying to make it look like more people are on Jodi's side? I know we are supposed to be going to California next month. I don't know how long the trial lasts, but I would totally be creepy and sit on his side for a day to show support.

  11. #8561
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosengine View Post
    I agree with that. Travis got a taste of the poon and didn't want it to go away. He was probably addicted to her in that way, which makes sense as to why he would keep letting her come around even though he knew she was a hot mess.
    I think she was a freak and would submit to whatever he wanted. He probably knew once he settled down with a "good girl" he wouldn't be able to do those types of things again.

  12. #8562
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    Straight up. I couldn't hold it together and I would have thrown a chair at her fucking face by now. I know on the FB page they said it's open to the public and that they are trying to make it look like more people are on Jodi's side? I know we are supposed to be going to California next month. I don't know how long the trial lasts, but I would totally be creepy and sit on his side for a day to show support.
    I saw Travis's sister trying to arrange for more people to go because she said they keep moving Travis's supporters over to the other side of the court with Jodi's supporters and it makes it look like he has less people there for him.

  13. #8563
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I also seem to remember that there were TWENTY deleted shower pics prior to the ceiling pic. I could be totally wrong.
    I'm not sure either, but I think there were twenty deleted pictures total, most of them being pictures they both posed for in the bedroom. I'm not sure how many shower pics there were.

    Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    everyone keeps mentioning the cancun thing.....was that really the catalyst for the attack, or is that just speculation?
    Total speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    The only thing I can hope for him is that he had enough adrenaline and it went fast enough where he didn't feel any pain. I know you don't feel it at first, but when it sets in it's awful. You can see where my hand has kind of a "divet" where it was cut. The smaller scars are from surgery. Basically, my right hand is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I hope that he didn't feel it. The photo timeline seems to show that it was all over fairly quickly. I remember severing my finger and I didn't feel any pain other than the sharp tug when my finger came off. Everyone else around me flipping the fuck out and screaming was much more frightening than the actual injury.
    I had a similar injury, and it did not hurt at all at first. It took a long time for it to start hurting, actually, and when it did, it was more of a throbbing pain. Travis would have been dead before he felt anything probably (of course I don't know for sure though). However, the psychological pain was probably immense.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  14. #8564
    Senior Member morbidT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,017
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    I think she was a freak and would submit to whatever he wanted. He probably knew once he settled down with a "good girl" he wouldn't be able to do those types of things again.
    I think it's the "good girls" who are freaks.


    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

  15. #8565
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I think it's the "good girls" who are freaks.
    That's true. I've always heard "not to stick your dick in crazy" but they are the best in bed. I'm just a lapsed Catholic.

    Leapy: That's the post I saw. Why the fuck would they do that? It's so bizarre to me.

  16. #8566
    Junior Member chaosengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    I think she was a freak and would submit to whatever he wanted. He probably knew once he settled down with a "good girl" he wouldn't be able to do those types of things again.
    Oh, definitely! That was pretty apparent when the defense's opening statement was all about the anal. She was really in it to win it!

  17. #8567
    Senior Member morbidT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,017
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    That's true. I've always heard "not to stick your dick in crazy" but they are the best in bed. I'm just a lapsed Catholic.

    Leapy: That's the post I saw. Why the fuck would they do that? It's so bizarre to me.

    Yep. Catholic girl, eh? I went to Catholic high school.


    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

  18. #8568
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosengine View Post
    Oh, definitely! That was pretty apparent when the defense's opening statement was all about the anal. She was really in it to win it!
    That makes me feel bad for his family too. I don't want graphic detail about anything my brother has done. Again:



    Catholic school wouldn't take me. What does that say about my behavior as a child?

  19. #8569
    Senior Member tiggrrl72077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    692
    Rep Power
    13652250
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosengine View Post
    I agree with that. Travis got a taste of the poon and didn't want it to go away. He was probably addicted to her in that way, which makes sense as to why he would keep letting her come around even though he knew she was a hot mess.
    As someone who grew up Mormon I think this was part of it but I think the other part was - She was his first. He had never crossed that line before. In the Mormon church premarital sex is a BIG sin. Being pure is very important. I know from experience how guilty you feel when you cross that line. It is easy to rationalize going back to your first because you've already crossed that line with that person. You've still only been with ONE person. Its easier to tell a future spouse that you've only been with 1 person no matter how many times you've been with them. I think he was addicted to her.
    I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to someone outside of the Mormon faith. Think about this when you talk to someone and the subject of sexual partners comes up. The number of partners is discussed not how often they had sex with each individual one. He knew he could have sex with her. And when he was feeling horny she was an easy person to call (no pun intended) I bet you any amount of money he felt guilty after each encounter they had but just couldn't resist giving in to her.

  20. #8570
    Senior Member Kristinella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    Rep Power
    6610442
    My significant other got kicked out of Catholic school for running a Playboy trading/selling ring in 3rd grade. If we have a kid, it's going to be tough.

  21. #8571
    Senior Member tiggrrl72077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    692
    Rep Power
    13652250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    Straight up. I couldn't hold it together and I would have thrown a chair at her fucking face by now. I know on the FB page they said it's open to the public and that they are trying to make it look like more people are on Jodi's side? I know we are supposed to be going to California next month. I don't know how long the trial lasts, but I would totally be creepy and sit on his side for a day to show support.
    The trial is in Arizona its about a 4 hour drive from California (depending on where in California you'll be)

  22. #8572
    Junior Member chaosengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    As someone who grew up Mormon I think this was part of it but I think the other part was - She was his first. He had never crossed that line before. In the Mormon church premarital sex is a BIG sin. Being pure is very important. I know from experience how guilty you feel when you cross that line. It is easy to rationalize going back to your first because you've already crossed that line with that person. You've still only been with ONE person. Its easier to tell a future spouse that you've only been with 1 person no matter how many times you've been with them. I think he was addicted to her.
    I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to someone outside of the Mormon faith. Think about this when you talk to someone and the subject of sexual partners comes up. The number of partners is discussed not how often they had sex with each individual one. He knew he could have sex with her. And when he was feeling horny she was an easy person to call (no pun intended) I bet you any amount of money he felt guilty after each encounter they had but just couldn't resist giving in to her.
    Totally agree with all of that.

  23. #8573
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367476
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    As someone who grew up Mormon I think this was part of it but I think the other part was - She was his first. He had never crossed that line before. In the Mormon church premarital sex is a BIG sin. Being pure is very important. I know from experience how guilty you feel when you cross that line. It is easy to rationalize going back to your first because you've already crossed that line with that person. You've still only been with ONE person. Its easier to tell a future spouse that you've only been with 1 person no matter how many times you've been with them. I think he was addicted to her.
    I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to someone outside of the Mormon faith. Think about this when you talk to someone and the subject of sexual partners comes up. The number of partners is discussed not how often they had sex with each individual one. He knew he could have sex with her. And when he was feeling horny she was an easy person to call (no pun intended) I bet you any amount of money he felt guilty after each encounter they had but just couldn't resist giving in to her.
    I think that's probably easy to understand for anyone who was brought up in a religion that thinks premarital sex is a sin. LDS is not the only one.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  24. #8574
    Senior Member morbidT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,017
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    As someone who grew up Mormon I think this was part of it but I think the other part was - She was his first. He had never crossed that line before. In the Mormon church premarital sex is a BIG sin. Being pure is very important. I know from experience how guilty you feel when you cross that line. It is easy to rationalize going back to your first because you've already crossed that line with that person. You've still only been with ONE person. Its easier to tell a future spouse that you've only been with 1 person no matter how many times you've been with them. I think he was addicted to her.
    I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to someone outside of the Mormon faith. Think about this when you talk to someone and the subject of sexual partners comes up. The number of partners is discussed not how often they had sex with each individual one. He knew he could have sex with her. And when he was feeling horny she was an easy person to call (no pun intended) I bet you any amount of money he felt guilty after each encounter they had but just couldn't resist giving in to her.

    I'm not totally convinced Jodi was his first. I'm not totally convinced she wasn't either. My thought process is knowing premarital sex is a big deal in his religion, he isn't going to tell people he has had a sexual partner. I think if he felt that guilty, he isn't going to tell anyone. Even his best friend. I don't think we will ever know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinella View Post
    My significant other got kicked out of Catholic school for running a Playboy trading/selling ring in 3rd grade. If we have a kid, it's going to be tough.
    3rd grade?!


    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

  25. #8575
    Senior Member bermstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,591
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Yep. Catholic girl, eh? I went to Catholic high school.

    Did somebody yell for me? I have a good, strong ruler.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •