Page 173 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 673 1173 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Re: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1598206#msg1598206 date=1271451789]
    4/15/2010    MTD - Motion To Dismiss (THE ALTERNATIVE CHARGE OF FELONY MURDER)

Hmmmm...
    [/quote]

Ugh.

I'm really hoping something good comes of this. Like, her sitting in prison... forever.

What's this MTD about?!?!?!?
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Olivia

Someone explain?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=16212.msg1598650#msg1598650 date=1271508233]
    Someone explain?
    [/quote]

I believe MTD means &quot;motion to dismiss.&quot; Like it said but I'm not sure about the alternative charge thing. I have went and copied the latest on the minute from the court. The should be something more coming soon because of oral arguments on the 16th of April. Here's some of the points being made, the rest I left because of length. It was case laws anyway.

STATE OF ARIZONA JUAN M MARTINEZ
    v.
    JODI ANN ARIAS (001)

ORDER DENYING REQUESTS
    IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that defendant’s Motion to Reconsider Defendant’s Motion
    to Disqualify the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is DENIED. Also DENIED are
    defendant’s Motion to Join [other] Superior Court [Case] Nos. and Renewed Request for
    Evidentiary Hearing and Oral Argument.

ORAL ARGUMENT SET
    The Court has received Defendant’s Motion to Compel Text Messages and E-Mails
    Obtained from the Victim’s Phone and or any of His E-Mail Accounts filed on 04/05/2010.
    IT IS ORDERED setting oral argument on April 16, 2010 at 10:30 a.m. to be heard in
    conjunction with the Capital Case Management Conference.
    This case is eFiling eligible: http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/efiling/default.asp

THE COURT FINDS the following:
    FACTS:
    The Defendant has requested that the State provide her with greater specificity “as it
    relates to the alternative charge of Felony Murder,” arguing that the indictment “does not provide
    her with adequate notice of the charges to which she must answer.” The indictment charges the Defendant with felony murder with the predicate felony of burglary in the second degree. The
    indictment also charges the Defendant with premeditated murder.
    The State has responded, arguing that the pleading rules do not require it to specify the
    felony which supports the burglary charge.

CONCLUSION:
    Here, the State may also be relying on murder as the underlying felony, but only the State
    knows that. Because the Defendant has made a specific request for the underlying felony on
    which the predicate burglary is based, the State must provide notice of the felony upon which it
    is relying.
    Although the State argues that Defendant should not be permitted to “lock in” the State to
    a particular theory months before trial, requiring the State to provide notice will not “lock in” the
    State. The State may still change or supplement its notice prior to trial, provided that Defendant
    is afforded notice and an opportunity to respond. Requiring the State to inform Defendant of its
    theory supporting felony murder will not prejudice the State, because the State may still amend
    that theory before trial, as long as Defendant has adequate notice.

You can see their having fun...Man...

If I had sent obsessive, possibly threatening and clearly psychotic emails and texts to my imagined boyfriend (i.e. booty call and friend with benefits) who was ultimately going on my dream trip with a girl more fitting of his affection... yeah, I'd want them suppressed as well.&nbsp; She's a cuckoo but not as stupid as her crime.

This case is what brought me from lurkdom and come on now, Arizona, let's get on with it and stop her manipulating from behind bars and get her there permanently already!!
    Always go to other people&#39;s funerals, otherwise they won&#39;t come to yours.&nbsp; - Yogi Berra

I just got an update notice that the minutes for the latest hearing were in. Here's a link to them.....&nbsp; If you have a problem and can't read them, let me know and I'll post them.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/042010/m4185739.pdf

mydeathspace

Nothing major, but Jodi wants her vision tested. Maybe at trial she'll claim that she couldn't really see what the mysterious killers looked like. (unsure if she has already made such a claim)

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/042010/m4192866.pdf

The Court has received and considered Defendant’s Motion to Transport.

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Transport.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED approving and settling the formal written Order to Transport signed by the Court on April 22, 2010 and filed (entered) by the Clerk on April 22, 2010.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office shall transport Jodi Ann Arias, date of birth: 07/09/1980, booking number: P458434, to the Lions Vision Center at 1016 North 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008, within 30 days of the date of this order, for purposes of conducting an eye examination of the Defendant.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department return the defendant to the County Jail upon completion of the examination.

The Sheriff’s Office Transportation Officer shall telephone Irene Santoya of the Lions Vision Center at 602-267-7573 to arrange a mutually agreeable time and date within the limits of this Order.
    If anyone wants to hang out in the parking lot of Lions Vision Center for the next 30 days, you might get to see Jodi in person!&nbsp; :-P

http://web.userinstinct.com/1971316-lions-club-lions-vision-center.htm

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1610330#msg1610330 date=1272485559]

If anyone wants to hang out in the parking lot of Lions Vision Center for the next 30 days, you might get to see Jodi in person!&nbsp; :-P

[/quote]
    I'm on it!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=16212.msg1610330#msg1610330 date=1272485559]

[/quote]
    Considering it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Nothing major, but Jodi wants her vision tested. Maybe at trial she'll claim that she couldn't really see what the mysterious killers looked like. (unsure if she has already made such a claim)

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/042010/m4192866.pdf

If anyone wants to hang out in the parking lot of Lions Vision Center for the next 30 days, you might get to see Jodi in person! &nbsp;:-P

[/quote]

She clearly needed the zoom lens while slashing away at Travis, hence the photos on the laundered camera. &nbsp; I would have to agree... driving away from a crime scene to safety truly is impossible with poor vision. &nbsp;You may end up in the middle of the desert and happen upon the date you planned in another state. &nbsp;Yeaaaah. &nbsp;That's it. &nbsp;

ETA: There I go again... anthropomorphizing animals.&nbsp; She is just such an opossum! (yes, I typed the rodent name and not the naughty word.)
    Always go to other people&#39;s funerals, otherwise they won&#39;t come to yours.&nbsp; - Yogi Berra

[quote author=Sweet Melissa link=topic=16212.msg1614513#msg1614513 date=1272871453]
    She clearly needed the zoom lens while slashing away at Travis, hence the photos on the laundered camera. &nbsp; I would have to agree... driving away from a crime scene to safety truly is impossible with poor vision. &nbsp;You may end up in the middle of the desert and happen upon the date you planned in another state. &nbsp;Yeaaaah. &nbsp;That's it. &nbsp;

ETA: There I go again... anthropomorphizing animals.&nbsp; She is just such an opossum! (yes, I typed the rodent name and not the naughty word.)
    [/quote]

Melissa,
    &nbsp; &nbsp; A truly sarcastic post... love the way it comes across.... keep'em comin&nbsp;

Damn. shes kinda hot. what a waste.

[quote author=jessielee link=topic=16212.msg1618814#msg1618814 date=1273348466]
    Damn. shes kinda hot. what a waste.

[/quote]

I've always thought it was much better when ugly women executed their former boyfriends.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16212.msg1618815#msg1618815 date=1273348935]
    I've always thought it was much better when ugly women executed their former boyfriends.
    [/quote]

Oh I totally agree.&nbsp; Everyone expects that out of the ugly ones since it's not a big of a waste.

:roll:

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=16212.msg1618857#msg1618857 date=1273354025]
    Oh I totally agree.&nbsp; Everyone expects that out of the ugly ones since it's not a big of a waste.

:roll:
    [/quote] :2grin:

New member here, so please be nice :2wave: I hope you can understand everything I try to say. I'm from Holland :)

This is something I've read in an article somebody posted here:

&quot;Several items of evidence were collected from the home. Some of these items of evidence included blood swabs for DNA typing, fingerprints and hair samples found in the dried blood on the bathroom floor and baseboards. During the search for fingerprints, a small latent print was found at the entrance of the bathroom hall at waist level. The print was in blood and was near several blood swipe marks in that same general area.

On 6-26-08, the latent print left on the bathroom wall in blood had been identified. It was individualized to Jodi Arias' left palm. This was conclusive evidence that Jodi was present at the time of Travis' death or at least at the time of his initial injury. The print was left either by Jodi touching a bloody wall with her left palm or she touched the wall with a bloody hand.&quot;
    http://www.azcentral.com/kpnx/pdf/jodi_arias0911.pdf

Then I read she wants the fingerprints out of the trial. But..If this girl is smart, she woudn't. Isn't this the only evidence that she can use to prove she escaped the intruders? She can say she touched the bloody wall while she ran away. You can see on the picture there was a lot of blood:

Too much blood to have come from a bloody hand..I think Travis was falling (?) against the wall after he got stabbed or shot, what would have left a lot of blood. Blood were she could have left a fingerprint while she was trying to get away.

I hope this makes sense. And eh..I think she is guilty :) So I'm not trying to protect her. I hope she gets what she deserves.

What I was wondering..Travis was found naked right? And the pictures of his dead body were timed a few minutes after the naked pictures of Jodi and Travis? Maybe I don't remember this correctly, so tell me if I'm wrong..But..

If she did run when the intruders came..Didn't she have to be naked? I don't think they found her clothes..And she didn't say she was naked.

Or maybe she dressed herself while Travis was naked in the shower before the intruders came. I don't know. Maybe it's bs what I'm saying :-)

Does somebody know this?

[quote author=Suus88 link=topic=16212.msg1625808#msg1625808 date=1274136877]
    What I was wondering..Travis was found naked right? And the pictures of his dead body were timed a few minutes after the naked pictures of Jodi and Travis? Maybe I don't remember this correctly, so tell me if I'm wrong..But..

If she did run when the intruders came..Didn't she have to be naked? I don't think they found her clothes..And she didn't say she was naked.

Or maybe she dressed herself while Travis was naked in the shower before the intruders came. I don't know. Maybe it's bs what I'm saying :-)

Does somebody know this?
    [/quote]
    She's crazy and you just put a lot more thought and time into her lie than she did. :lol:

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=16212.msg1625810#msg1625810 date=1274136998]
    She's crazy and you just put a lot more thought and time into her lie than she did. :lol:
    [/quote]

Haha I know..But I love everything about murderers :) Why they do it, how they do it and how they defend themselves. I love forensics and dead people. I just love this case. But in Holland nobody talks about it. I hate Holland because we don't have many crazy people. No serial killers. So boring..

[quote author=Suus88 link=topic=16212.msg1625819#msg1625819 date=1274137774]
    Haha I know..But I love everything about murderers :) Why they do it, how they do it and how they defend themselves. I love forensics and dead people. I just love this case. But in Holland nobody talks about it. I hate Holland because we don't have many crazy people. No serial killers. So boring..
    [/quote]
    From what I understand, Holland is 90% urban so you're better off. Also, you can always go to Norway, they have some pretty amazingly gross criminals there.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=16212.msg1625823#msg1625823 date=1274138044]
    From what I understand, Holland is 90% urban so you're better off. Also, you can always go to Norway, they have some pretty amazingly gross criminals there.
    [/quote]
    Hmm Norway? That's too cold for me. I think I prefer America :)

[quote author=Suus88 link=topic=16212.msg1625847#msg1625847 date=1274139471]Hmm Norway? That's too cold for me. I think I prefer America :)[/quote]

Welcome Suus.&nbsp; I had no problem understanding what you were trying to say.&nbsp; You're English is great (not surprising).

You make some good points here but I have to agree with Bowie - you've put more thought into Jodi's alibi than Jodi did!&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; I have a ton of questions like you're asking that I want answered but the investigators are not releasing a lot of information.&nbsp; I think this is going to be a very interesting trial - I'm looking forward to it.

And hey, don't sell Holland short - the van Gogh murder was pretty gruesome.&nbsp;

I'm glad Holland doesn't have much violent crime - my daughter lives in Amsterdam.&nbsp;
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I can't believe this is FINALLLLY going to trial.&nbsp; I started following this case when I saw it on 48 hour mystery a while ago.&nbsp; They always seem to tell a one sided story so I wasn't sure what to believe but after seeing all the evidence (or at least some of it), and seeing her interview showing what a fucking basketcase she is..&nbsp; She should be put away!!

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=16212.msg1627044#msg1627044 date=1274230723]
    Welcome Suus.&nbsp; I had no problem understanding what you were trying to say.&nbsp; You're English is great (not surprising).

You make some good points here but I have to agree with Bowie - you've put more thought into Jodi's alibi than Jodi did!&nbsp; &nbsp;:lol:&nbsp; I have a ton of questions like you're asking that I want answered but the investigators are not releasing a lot of information.&nbsp; I think this is going to be a very interesting trial - I'm looking forward to it.

And hey, don't sell Holland short - the van Gogh murder was pretty gruesome.&nbsp; &nbsp;

I'm glad Holland doesn't have much violent crime - my daughter lives in Amsterdam.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Thank you :2smiley:
    I can't wait for the trial to start and see how Jodi is going to defend herself. I hope they show it on the internet.

Yeah the murder of van Gogh is more how I like to see it :) Not that I think he deserved it. But it wasn't very surprising. They found the killer immediately and it was clear why he did it.

Cool that your daughter lives here. And I see you live in Europe as well. Do you like it? :)

[quote author=Suus88 link=topic=16212.msg1625808#msg1625808 date=1274136877]

Does somebody know this?
    [/quote]

You know Suus88.... This has been mind blowing from the start. In the 48 hours segment, the detective talks about a photo that was shown to Jodi. This was one of the photo's found on the camera that I think, was accidentally gathered-up in a frenzy to clean-up, and washed. But, in the segment, the detective says there is a foot in that picture that they do not know who's it is.... This is just one of hundreds of questions I have as all of us do on this cool site. KimTisha's so right when she says their not giving much up on this case. Good to have you here and hope all your questions are answered soon. I hope mine are....

Thread Information