Thread: Help me!!! Birds cry draws police

Help me!!! Birds cry draws police

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26559643/

TRENTON, New Jersey - Cries for help inside a house in New Jersey turned out to be nothing but a talkative cockatoo.

Neighbors called police Wednesday morning after hearing what they believed was a woman's persistent cry of "Help me! Help me!" coming from a house. Officers arrived and when no one answered the door, they kicked it in to make a rescue, The Times newspaper reported.

But instead of a damsel in distress, officers found a caged bird with a convincing call.

Story continues below ↓
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    advertisement
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was not the first time the 10-year-old bird named Luna said something that brought authorities to the home of owner Evelyn DeLeon.

About seven years ago, the bird cried like a baby for hours, leading to reports of a possible abandoned baby and a visit to the home by state child welfare workers. But it was only Luna practicing a newfound sound, DeLeon told the newspaper.

DeLeon says her bird learns much of her ever-growing vocabulary from watching television, in both English and Spanish.

Re: Help me!!! Birds cry draws police

That bird is awesome. I want him to be my friend. He got jokes.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

deliberate_misuse

Talking birds are freaky.  Some years ago I met a parrot who had lived with a woman for many years.  The bird could mimic the sounds of a phone dialing, ringing, and a one-sided phone conversation PERFECTLY.  The bird would also cry like a baby when left alone, and the police did come to the house once!

My dad's best friend and his now ex wife had two McCaw's (sp) and they were so beautiful and could talk very well. Well the birds picked up on my dad's friend and his ex wife's fight's over Alimony and Child Support and would argue with each other like the couple did. It was so funny. When his wife finally moved out he taught one of the bird's to say, "The bitch is here, the bitch is here." Everytime his ex wife would come to either pick the kids up or drop them off when he opened the door the bird would be in the background screaming the bitch is here.

I want a bird!   

Thread Information