Thread: Man Dies After Falling on Knife While Trying to Get Kids Out of Locked Car

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Man Dies After Falling on Knife While Trying to Get Kids Out of Locked Car

CHARLOTTE, N.C. —  A man who grabbed a knife to try to get his two young children out of a locked car died when he fell on the blade, Charlotte police said.

The Charlotte Observer reported that 22-year-old Miguel Angel Rivera Lemus died Sunday afternoon at Carolinas Medical Center after being stabbed in the chest.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were investigating but said Lemus' death appears to have been an accident.

Lemus and his wife had dropped by their apartment briefly before planning an errand when they realized they had locked their children and keys in the car, authorities said.

The woman searched for spare keys and Lemus grabbed a large butcher knife he hoped to use to pry open a window, police said. Lemus fell down six stairs and landed on the knife, police said.

The woman got the children out with the spare keys.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409965,00.html

Re: Man Dies After Falling on Knife While Trying to Get Kids Out of Locked Car

[quote author=A Midnight Dreary link=topic=15911.msg982957#msg982957 date=1219709781]
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. —  A man who grabbed a knife to try to get his two young children out of a locked car died when he fell on the blade, Charlotte police said.

The Charlotte Observer reported that 22-year-old Miguel Angel Rivera Lemus died Sunday afternoon at Carolinas Medical Center after being stabbed in the chest.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were investigating but said Lemus' death appears to have been an accident.

Lemus and his wife had dropped by their apartment briefly before planning an errand when they realized they had locked their children and keys in the car, authorities said.

The woman searched for spare keys and Lemus grabbed a large butcher knife he hoped to use to pry open a window, police said. Lemus fell down six stairs and landed on the knife, police said.

The woman got the children out with the spare keys.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409965,00.html
    [/quote]

But it's so much more macho to do it with a knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

for real ? ? ? ?
    how sad.

OMG that is so sad. RIP Miguel. At least he was trying to help his children, I guess.

[quote author=krissipops link=topic=15911.msg983096#msg983096 date=1219715612]
    OMG that is so sad. RIP Miguel. At least he was trying to help his children, I guess.
    [/quote]

Must have been a total blind panic reaction, though. I mean, a knife?

That is one of the worst stories..  :-(

aww bless them

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=15911.msg983112#msg983112 date=1219716444]
    Must have been a total blind panic reaction, though. I mean, a knife?
    [/quote]
    Yea, ummm, a rock, bat, something to break the windows out would have made more sense to me, but at least he tried. Well, attempted to. I wonder if he thought he could use it like a slim jim to unlock the door?

Of course my jaded self thinks the wife killed the husband. She found the spare Keys He wanted to use a Butcher knife to pry open the Car door

Well if this is the case  i hope he was a real asshole and deserved it.

Yeah. What was he going to cut? I hope the forensic team is doing their work on this one. I'm sure they are.

[quote author=ScrantonBranch link=topic=15911.msg983468#msg983468 date=1219736386]
    Yeah. What was he going to cut? I hope the forensic team is doing their work on this one. I'm sure they are.
    [/quote]

Well thats just it. If she was bat shit crazy I hope we find out the truth. If this guy was an abusive manipulative prick, I secretly hope she gets away with it :-)

Well. Still, i like the truth. Then i'll judge. And boy will i judge. Seriously. The media has a lot to do with this, too. Just seems like there is way too much to this story. Any dad would have beat his fists in on the windows first.

[quote author=ScrantonBranch link=topic=15911.msg983479#msg983479 date=1219738523]
    Well. Still, i like the truth. Then i'll judge. And boy will i judge. Seriously. The media has a lot to do with this, too. Just seems like there is way too much to this story. Any dad would have beat his fists in on the windows first.
    [/quote]

Damn Straight.

"Hunny, you got 5 Minutes to find those fucking keys! or else I'm knocking it down, Kids Cover your eyes and Duck in the Backseat"

I'd bring a knife to open a car too, but only because I have a Swiss army knife on my keychain.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=15911.msg983482#msg983482 date=1219739450]
    I'd bring a knife to open a car too, but only because I have a Swiss army knife on my keychain.
    [/quote]

Any man would rationalize first. Hell I pretty handy with a coat hanger, But a damn Butcher knife? Fell down some stairs? it could happen But I think she got him

This is so sad!

I just moved from Charlotte, NC. A lot of weird things like this happen there on a daily basis.

this is what i think of when i think butcher's knife:

i'm guessing it was something more along the lines of these though:

this story is sad. i distinctly remember learning about carrying knives and scissors/not running with sharp objects in your hands when i was in girl scouts. he obviously wasn't following protocol.  :|

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

[quote author=whackjob link=topic=15911.msg986585#msg986585 date=1219948834]

this story is sad. i distinctly remember learning about carrying knives and scissors/not running with sharp objects in your hands when i was in girl scouts. he obviously wasn't following protocol.  :|

[/quote]

Not to mention you can't pry with a knife. It will bend or break. I've locked a baby in a car. I called the police who came and opened the door. In the meantime I had a brick handy in case it looked like she needed out sooner than the cop showed up. A knife would not be my tool of choice.

I was always raised a coat hanger ,but ok .Its sad he was running in a hurry tripped and fell and died .If he had just waited his wife found the spare keys ,see men you guys need to be more patient with us .Poor guy I really hope his kids did not see this

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=15911.msg983466#msg983466 date=1219735621]
    Of course my jaded self thinks the wife killed the husband. She found the spare Keys He wanted to use a Butcher knife to pry open the Car door

Well if this is the case  i hope he was a real asshole and deserved it.
    [/quote]

My thoughts exactly.  I live in Charlotte and heard about this Mon. a.m.  I didn't understand the urgency to open the car doors.  It wasn't unbearably hot Sunday, decent part of town, probably could have waited a few minutes to find the extra keys. 

That is sad. But i wouldn't bring a knife to get into a locked car. Yea a brick or something. But they knew they had a spare key, seeing as though the wife found it??? strange one for sure.

RIP
    <br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

I use a box cutter razor to pick open a closet door at work.

I hope I don't slice myself up. Lol....
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=spooksandmango link=topic=15911.msg986730#msg986730 date=1219954713]
    I was always raised a coat hanger ,but ok .Its sad he was running in a hurry tripped and fell and died .If he had just waited his wife found the spare keys ,see men you guys need to be more patient with us .Poor guy I really hope his kids did not see this
    [/quote]

You have to work with us spooksandmango. We bumbling idiot men pick our women because we are bumbling idiots. when he asked where the spare keys are, she should have said, &quot;Right here Hunny&quot;. He obviously picked the wrong woman.

I'm sticking with she killed his ass, and yes I really do hope they didn't witness that

I wonder who the wife helped first. Her husband bleeding to death on the ground or the kids in the car. I mean if she helped him first the kids would just have to sit and watch. Atleast if she got the kids out she could make them go lock themselves in the house? :?

[quote author=XxImSoVaInxX link=topic=15911.msg992125#msg992125 date=1220394559]
    I wonder who the wife helped first. Her husband bleeding to death on the ground or the kids in the car. I mean if she helped him first the kids would just have to sit and watch. Atleast if she got the kids out she could make them go lock themselves in the house? :?
    [/quote]

http://www.news-record.com/content/2008/08/25/article/father_stabs_himself_dies_trying_to_rescue_his_chi ldren

The article at this link says he was able to get back into the apartment himself and tell his wife to call 911.

I haven't found out how old the kids are yet, though or did I miss that?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=15911.msg992152#msg992152 date=1220395302]
    http://www.news-record.com/content/2008/08/25/article/father_stabs_himself_dies_trying_to_rescue_his_chi ldren

The article at this link says he was able to get back into the apartment himself and tell his wife to call 911.

I haven't found out how old the kids are yet, though or did I miss that?
    [/quote]

I haven't seen their ages either but he was only 22.&nbsp; They couldn't have been very old.&nbsp; Sad..

Thread Information