Thread: Michael Darding (15) & Crystal Cantrell (15) killed in a car accident

Michael Darding (15) & Crystal Cantrell (15) killed in a car accident

So what happened to the spider?

A crash that killed two 15-year-old high school students happened after the driver and passengers were distracted by a spider, authorities said.

The 17-year-old driver of the Nissan sedan told Department of Public Safety investigators that she and three others in the car were considering whether to catch or kill the spider when the car drifted off Interstate 17 early Wednesday, Sgt. Rod Wigman said. The driver over-corrected and the sedan rolled at least twice.

The four teenagers in the car were on the way to class at Sinagua High School. Killed were Crystal Cantrell and Michael Darding.

The driver was Crystal Cantrell's older sister, Chelsea Cantrell, Wigman said. She and passenger Sean Lake, 17, remained hospitalized in fair condition Thursday evening.

Wigman said driver distraction appears to be the significant cause of the crash. Alcohol, speed and sleepiness have been ruled out.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2006/10/25/Michael_Darding_(15)___Crystal_Cantrell_(15)_were_ killed_in_a_car_accident_triggered_by_a_spider

Re: Michael Darding (15) & Crystal Cantrell (15) killed in a car accident

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2006/10/25/Michael_Darding_(15)___Crystal_Cantrell_(15)_were_ killed_in_a_car_accident_triggered_by_a_spider
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

The Drivers MySpace
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =8027654

So what DID happen to the spider?? I smell conspiracy.....

[quote author=Rebirth of Josh link=topic=2495.msg87408#msg87408 date=1161790702]
    [/quote]

I thought that story was rather weak myself.

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=2495.msg87498#msg87498 date=1161793852]
    I thought that story was rather weak myself.
    [/quote]

The number of times me and my sister have pulled over because a wasp flew in the car and then spent an hour coaxing it out, we have discussed what would happen if we were doing some serious speed when we noticed the wasp. Seemed a reasonable cause for an accident to me, in fact was there not some research out a while back that linked insects etc in a certain percentages of car accidents, or did I dream that?

[quote author=kris link=topic=2495.msg87508#msg87508 date=1161794453]
    The number of times me and my sister have pulled over because a wasp flew in the car and then spent an hour coaxing it out, we have discussed what would happen if we were doing some serious speed when we noticed the wasp. Seemed a reasonable cause for an accident to me, in fact was there not some research out a while back that linked insects etc in a certain percentages of car accidents, or did I dream that?
    [/quote]

Uh huh, that's nice.&nbsp;
    Now if the spider were also a victim of this accident perhaps it should be mentioned and if not.......well......that just leads to a few questions now doesn't it?&nbsp; &nbsp; spider hit men are the sneakiest, way more than wasp hit men.&nbsp;

I've maybe flinched when an unwanted insect has decided to hitchhike with me, but if it was all that scary, I'd like to think I'd have the common sense to pull over and take care of the problem.

If they find the spider, can s/he be charged with leaving the scene of an accident?&nbsp; :lol:

Actually.. This is how I wrecked my Pontiac Vibe while I was moving to Florida. I ended upside down in the middle of I-95 near a swampy Georgia town with a totalled car and a whole lot of people surprised I didn't have a scratch on me. Even my pet turtles and toads survived. I felt kinda like and idiot--Now, not so much. I just feel lucky.

My mom once stopped right in the middle of the road and jumped out of the car screaming, leaving my younger bro and I inside because of a bee (in her defense...she is allergic).&nbsp; Not only did we almost get rear-ended, but she almost got run over by a car coming in the opposite direction.&nbsp; Never underestimate the power of a person's physical, emotional or psychological response to the presence of a creepy-crawly critter...all the same...when you have several passengers to deal with said critter, I would hope the driver could keep his or her eyes on the road...
    Sad when young lives are lost.&nbsp; I'm sure the sister is having a difficult time dealing with the aftermath

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

[quote author=Rebirth of Josh link=topic=2495.msg87408#msg87408 date=1161790702]
    [/quote]

I think it crawled up the water spout.

Please tell me that isn't a euphamism!&nbsp; :lol:

When did vagina come into this?&nbsp; :-P

Thread Information