Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened to my 1st posting????? It was a very long post and It is no where?

What happened to my 1st posting????? It was a very long post and It is no where?

Was it deleted by a mod??? And if so why???  If someone could please let me know I would really be appreciative....I hope that I didnt break any rules by my posting...It was just the story of the death of my best friends dog...actually...the murder ......but is it because it was about a dog and not a person??? Or is the post somewhere and I can't find it...

Thanks
    Sherry

In this country your supposed to be "Innocent" until proven "Guilty.  Unless you are a Pitbull, which means your "Guilty" until proven "Innocent".

mydeathspace

Re: What happened to my 1st posting????? It was a very long post and It is no wh

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975670#msg975670 date=1219177708]
    Was it deleted by a mod??? And if so why???  If someone could please let me know I would really be appreciative....I hope that I didnt break any rules by my posting...It was just the story of the death of my best friends dog...actually...the murder ......but is it because it was about a dog and not a person??? Or is the post somewhere and I can't find it...
    Thanks
    Sherry
    [/quote]

Sherry, on most forums, your post would be considered SPAM.

That's what I considered it and that is the reason why I removed it.

But for S & Giggles, check out this thread: http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=15802.0

Re: What happened to my 1st posting????? It was a very long post and It is no where?

lori, is that you? :lol:

jk.

Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Re: What happened to my 1st posting????? It was a very long post and It is no wh

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=15808.msg975672#msg975672 date=1219177914]
    Sherry, on most forums, your post would be considered SPAM.

That's what I considered it and that is the reason why I removed it.

But for S &amp; Giggles, check out this thread: http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=15802.0
    [/quote]

Ok...I had no idea it was thought of as spam...I have posted the story on over 50 forums and wasn't considered spam...It actually generated support...I meant and mean no harm...Im sorry...I guess I just didn't know what this site was about...I thought it was about death...?????
    In this country your supposed to be &quot;Innocent&quot; until proven &quot;Guilty.&nbsp; Unless you are a Pitbull, which means your &quot;Guilty&quot; until proven &quot;Innocent&quot;.

Re: What happened to my 1st posting????? It was a very long post and It is no where?

And I now feel very UNWANTED here as a new member, I can only assume as my first post was treated as SPAM..the death of a family pet/ shooting death is SPAM...Sorry that you feel that way......I didn't find any thing S&amp;G about that...I'm not some big pitbull advocate coming here to start any problems...I was only posting the story of how my friends pet was killed....I have been reading this forum for a very long time and finally decided to join and this was my welcome.....
    In this country your supposed to be &quot;Innocent&quot; until proven &quot;Guilty.&nbsp; Unless you are a Pitbull, which means your &quot;Guilty&quot; until proven &quot;Innocent&quot;.

mydeathspace

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975682#msg975682 date=1219178233]
    [size=15pt]I have posted the story on over 50 forums....[/size]
    [/quote]

Exactly....

mydeathspace

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975690#msg975690 date=1219178581]
    And I now feel very UNWANTED here as a new member, I can only assume as my first post was treated as SPAM..the death of a family pet/ shooting death is SPAM...Sorry that you feel that way......I didn't find any thing S&amp;G about that...I'm not some big pitbull advocate coming here to start any problems...I was only posting the story of how my friends pet was killed....I have been reading this forum for a very long time and finally decided to join and this was my welcome.....
    [/quote]

You are welcome to stay. Just don't push your agenda on anyone and it'll be fine.

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975690#msg975690 date=1219178581]
    [/quote]

Sherry:

You would not believe the volume of people who register and post just ONCE...a ginormous, long post similar to yours and the :::poof::: they are gone.&nbsp; This board would be complete anarchy as well as unreadable without some kind of thread removal program in progress.&nbsp; Your first post just triggered those &quot;ginourmous first post alarms&quot;.

Hang out here for a while.&nbsp; Jump in and post (just refrain from the &quot;commercial-esque&quot; ones) - the water is fine.&nbsp; You won't find a nicer group of uber-opinionated folks.&nbsp; If you don't like us after you hang out for a while - then you might should leave.&nbsp; Don't give up just because your first post caused dramaz!!&nbsp; :lol:

Welcome to MDS.

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=15808.msg975694#msg975694 date=1219178780]
    Exactly....
    [/quote]

So what makes this posting any different....Not one of those forums acted this way...What is wrong with posting the story...???? I made the television news...and this man faces 10 years in jail for this...why is sharing this information SPAM??

I wasn't one of those ONE posters.....I have been coming to this site alot since the first day I &quot;stumbled&quot; upon a MYSPACE bulletin saying &quot;THIS SITE NEEDS TO BE BANNED&quot;&nbsp; and I had to check it out.....I didn't mean to be offending or seem over bearing with my post....I just thought &quot;this is the perfect time to join&quot; and I decided to share it.....Im sorry

Wait. Was gage killed by a gauge? If so, very ironic.&nbsp; :|
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975708#msg975708 date=1219179108]
    I wasn't one of those ONE posters.....I have been coming to this site alot since the first day I &quot;stumbled&quot; upon a MYSPACE bulletin saying &quot;THIS SITE NEEDS TO BE BANNED&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp;and I had to check it out.....I didn't mean to be offending or seem over bearing with my post....I just thought &quot;this is the perfect time to join&quot; and I decided to share it.....Im sorry
    [/quote]

You don't need to be sorry.

You aren't understanding what I am trying to say:&nbsp; Your post count was ZERO prior to the post in question.&nbsp; For all the mods and members knew, you had never been here before yesterday's post.

I lurked here for over a year without posting.&nbsp; When I first started being brave enough to post, I came across (most likely) as creeperish - b/c I felt like I knew all these people (and they didn't know me from Adam's housecat) and I was laughing at old jokes and calling people nicknames I shouldn't have known....

Hope this helps.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I hadn't seen the post until I looked in the removed topics thread.

I read *most* of the text, watched the video and looked at the slide-show.
    It was very touching and sad.
    I'm an animal lover too.

Come on, Mike, seeing as Sherry is contributing to other threads - won't you put her thread back?

What's the worst that can happen&#160; :|

[quote author=Gr8Fantasies link=topic=15808.msg975718#msg975718 date=1219179492]
    I hadn't seen the post until I looked in the removed topics thread.

I read *most* of the text, watched the video and looked at the slide-show.
    It was very touching and sad.
    I'm an animal lover too.

Come on, Mike, seeing as Sherry is contributing to other threads - won't you put her thread back?

What's the worst that can happen&nbsp; :|
    [/quote]
    Thank you so much Gr8......I now understand what is meant by that being my 1st post....I smack myself for not joining when I was lurking....then this would have been my thousand and one post....I didnt join to post and run...Especially as I set up my profile and everything....My only mistake is that I should have joined way way earlier and this wouldnt have been my one post. and perhaps I would have been taken seriously....I understand...

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975733#msg975733 date=1219180259]
    Thank you so much Gr8......I now understand what is meant by that being my 1st post....I smack myself for not joining when I was lurking....then this would have been my thousand and one post....I didnt join to post and run...Especially as I set up my profile and everything....My only mistake is that I should have joined way way earlier and this wouldnt have been my one post. and perhaps I would have been taken seriously....I understand...
    [/quote]

mydeathspace

[quote author=Gr8Fantasies link=topic=15808.msg975718#msg975718 date=1219179492]
    [/quote]

Luckily, the same exact thread is spammed on over 50 other forums so it's not really needed here.&nbsp;

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=15808.msg975741#msg975741 date=1219180483]
    Luckily, the same exact thread is spammed on over 50 other forums so it's not really needed here.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I don't understand why you keep calling it spam....what if this were your pet (assuming you read the thread in its entirety)....wouldn't getting justice be important to you....The only reason it is SPAMMED as you call it on others forums is because I set up a petition to hopefully show the world and the courts that this happened and that we as people will not stand behind Animal Cruelty...I only thought that first...sharing his story would show what type of individual and friend that I am which therefore would hopefully show that I am a nice and caring person...First impressions...but never the less... Gage's death has reached over 10,000 homes...I had only hoped that perhaps this forum (as I have been reading long before today) would be another &quot;welcome&quot; place....

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975733#msg975733 date=1219180259]
    [/quote]

Again, welcome.&#160;&nbsp;

Have you checked out the pet thread here?&#160; http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=432.0&#160;

Most of us are HUGE pet lovers!!&#160; My dog in my avvie is a rescue...&#160; Dogs have a big place in my&#160; .&#160; I could only watch a little of the video about Gage - I cried then I couldn't breathe so I had to stop reading.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=15808.msg975741#msg975741 date=1219180483]
    [/quote]

Gotcha ;)

but this is the only forum I am a member on!

Did you not notice my&nbsp; :| at the end....
    [/quote]

You're welcome...
    just a hint ... post count will never dictate whether you are taken seriously&nbsp; :lol:

You have to have a tough skin and not take things so personally.

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975755#msg975755 date=1219180897]

I don't understand why you keep calling it spam....what if this were your pet (assuming you read the thread in its entirety)....wouldn't getting justice be important to you....The only reason it is SPAMMED as you call it on others forums is because I set up a petition to hopefully show the world and the courts that this happened and that we as people will not stand behind Animal Cruelty...I only thought that first...sharing his story would show what type of individual and friend that I am which therefore would hopefully show that I am a nice and caring person...First impressions...but never the less... Gage's death has reached over 10,000 homes...I had only hoped that perhaps this forum (as I have been reading long before today) would be another &quot;welcome&quot; place....

[/quote]

Psst..you aren't going to help your cause by arguing with the owner of the forum ;)

Definitely - check out the MDS Pets forum though....and you will see that we are all softies!

[quote author=Gr8Fantasies link=topic=15808.msg975760#msg975760 date=1219180976]
    Gotcha ;)

but this is the only forum I am a member on!

Did you not notice my&nbsp; :| at the end....
    You're welcome...
    just a hint ... post count will never dictate whether you are taken seriously&nbsp; :lol:

You have to have a tough skin and not take things so personally.
    [/quote]

Thick skin....i've got alot of that just from the work that I do....but I also have a very soft heart when it comes to animals....On taking it personally....I'm usually pretty good at that too...but when your very first post gets deleted and your called a SPAMMER, its hard not to take it personally....&nbsp; I'll check out that pet forum.....thanks a bunch....

mydeathspace

[quote author=Justice4Gage link=topic=15808.msg975755#msg975755 date=1219180897]

[/quote]

As I said previously, take this pit loving agenda elsewhere.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=15808.msg975804#msg975804 date=1219183220]
    As I said previously, take this pit loving agenda elsewhere.
    [/quote]

I know that you are the OWNER of this site...but you are being so rude....this last comment wasnt needed...I had already posted in the other Pets thread and left it at that then you have to be down right mean and cold...WHY????&nbsp; This is now personal...

ahah, that's mike for you.&nbsp; just walk it off, lady.

nothing here is personal... it's the internet.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

I was the one that first brought up your posts, justice4gage. As has already been said, there have been times when people have made an account here, dropped a post bomb to get their own message out there, then disappeared.
    I understand your sentiment and I'm a fellow animal lover, but I really do not want to see sad animal shit all over the forum and neither do several other members. If we did, we could go to any animal abuse site for that.

You've put A LOT of your agenda on here already. If you don't want to turn people off, I'd suggest making some posts to&nbsp; make yourself known without jamming your message down our throats, and put a link to whatever it is you want people to look at in your sig.

Good luck.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Thread Information