Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

Re: True Blood

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=15805.msg1025917#msg1025917 date=1222979726]
    I think he mostly hates them because he wants sookie and she likes them.
    [/quote]

I like Sam, but he needs to grow a pair to offset his apparent neediness.

[quote author=LuciferBlue link=topic=15805.msg1025920#msg1025920 date=1222979874]
    I like Sam, but he needs to grow a pair to offset his apparent neediness.
    [/quote]

I get the feeling from their conversations that he was a much bigger supporter of vamp rights before Bill came to town.  Now he's all threatened by them because they can offer Sookie the one thing he can't: peace of mind. 

I was disappointed that his character was written a little weird in this last episode.  I wanted more of a reaction to Dawn's death, as he was obviously close to her.

[quote author=mishira link=topic=15805.msg1025842#msg1025842 date=1222977329]
    Yeah, I don't get what they're doing with the Tara character at all.

I'm not really sure why the producers felt that "sassy black woman" was such a necessary addition to the series.

I'm pretty sure that the dumb female customer in the first episode that made Tara quit her job was the author of the books, Charlaine Harris.
    [/quote]

Did you notice in the first episode that Sookie's grandmom was reading one of the books in the series? I thought that was a little cheesy.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=15805.msg1025942#msg1025942 date=1222980578]
    I get the feeling from their conversations that he was a much bigger supporter of vamp rights before Bill came to town.  Now he's all threatened by them because they can offer Sookie the one thing he can't: peace of mind. 

I was disappointed that his character was written a little weird in this last episode.  I wanted more of a reaction to Dawn's death, as he was obviously close to her.
    [/quote]

I agree.  WTF with the rolling in the sheets?  I can get it if he's gathering a scent to try and track, but that was weird.  And besides, having read the books, I know who the killer is and I know Sam doesn't track him.  Unless they really decide to mess with the plot.

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=15805.msg1026048#msg1026048 date=1222985226]
    I agree.  WTF with the rolling in the sheets?  I can get it if he's gathering a scent to try and track, but that was weird.  And besides, having read the books, I know who the killer is and I know Sam doesn't track him.  Unless they really decide to mess with the plot.
    [/quote]

The sheet rolling was weird.  I haven't read the books but I read spoilers on Sam.  I thought at first that he was trying to get a scent but then it got all weird :lol:

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=15805.msg1026048#msg1026048 date=1222985226]
    [/quote]

I think what happened is that he got overwhelmed with the, uh, smell of a female and probably the smell of sex, and his animal instincts took over.  And he's an obvious red herring.  I don't think we knew before that he was Dawn's landlord.

Also I bring it up again: how can vampires have tattoos?  They woud heal before they could set or an artist could finish.  Yes, I've heard the argument that they could have them before death, which I agree with but not like in the case of Longshadow, who I assume is a native American vampire, and his tattoos don't go with traditional tribal art at all.  A yin yang?  No.  And they wouldn't be neat little sleeves like that.  ARGH.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=15805.msg1026307#msg1026307 date=1222995492]
    I think what happened is that he got overwhelmed with the, uh, smell of a female and probably the smell of sex, and his animal instincts took over.  And he's an obvious red herring.  I don't think we knew before that he was Dawn's landlord.

Also I bring it up again: how can vampires have tattoos?  They woud heal before they could set or an artist could finish.  Yes, I've heard the argument that they could have them before death, which I agree with but not like in the case of Longshadow, who I assume is a native American vampire, and his tattoos don't go with traditional tribal art at all.  A yin yang?  No.  And they wouldn't be neat little sleeves like that.  ARGH.
    [/quote]

All right, I'm gonna get nerdy right now. 

You are right that they can't be tattooed after becoming  vampire due to their healing abilities.  However. . .

In the books there are a number of vampires who were turned within the last half-century or so and those vamps do have extensive tats because many come from the shady underbellies of society.

Also, some cultures have always embraced skin art.  The Ainu in Japan, the peoples of the Phillipines, the Polynesians, the Pagans and Celts (there are many more) all engaged in skin art for religious or spiritual purposes.  Even neolithic cultures dating back to the 4th and 5th millennium BC practiced the art, as is evidenced by mummified remains.

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=15805.msg1026479#msg1026479 date=1223000142]
    All right, I'm gonna get nerdy right now.   

You are right that they can't be tattooed after becoming  vampire due to their healing abilities.  However. . .

In the books there are a number of vampires who were turned within the last half-century or so and those vamps do have extensive tats because many come from the shady underbellies of society.

Also, some cultures have always embraced skin art.   The Ainu in Japan, the peoples of the Phillipines, the Polynesians, the Pagans and Celts (there are many more) all engaged in skin art for religious or spiritual purposes.  Even neolithic cultures dating back to the 4th and 5th millennium BC practiced the art, as is evidenced by mummified remains.
    [/quote]

yes, agreed and you're right, but they don't have dorky sleeves.  That's a white people thing, not traditional tribal or yakuza.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=15805.msg1026517#msg1026517 date=1223001514]
    yes, agreed and you're right, but they don't have dorky sleeves.  That's a white people thing, not traditional tribal or yakuza.
    [/quote]

Well played, well played.

i want to drink bills blood and have sex with him forever.  FOR.  EV.  ER.

i would totally be a vampire slut, omfg.

also, i anna.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

I cannot believe tonight's episode!!!! WTF?

I don't want to put spoilers in, because well there is no spoiler warning, but wow.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=15805.msg1029511#msg1029511 date=1223264933]

I don't want to put spoilers in, because well there is no spoiler warning, but wow.
    [/quote]

I just watched it. Holy shit. :2huh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=15805.msg1029511#msg1029511 date=1223264933]

[/quote]

I'm downloading it now, but I have to say your response doesn't exactly bolster my confidence in the show.&nbsp; Hopefully they haven't added another lame subplot (like Jason's erection) that's not in the books.&nbsp; I have no problem with a show not following the books, but only if it's been established from the beginning that it's deviating from the source material.&nbsp; So far the expectation is that the show is following the book.

I have a big problem with the ending of last night's show!!! WTF
    I hate that I have to wait a whole week.

To be honest, the first episode made me feel like this series was gonna be a piece of crap, but im officially suckered in.
    Can we also talk about entourage and how it was hilarious with all of them taking shrooms and Drama thinking he ripped his dick off when trying to pee.&nbsp; hahaha

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=15805.msg1029761#msg1029761 date=1223305219]
    I have a big problem with the ending of last night's show!!! WTF
    I hate that I have to wait a whole week.

To be honest, the first episode made me feel like this series was gonna be a piece of crap, but im officially suckered in.
    Can we also talk about entourage and how it was hilarious with all of them taking shrooms and Drama thinking he ripped his dick off when trying to pee.&nbsp; hahaha
    [/quote]

I friggin love Entourage. That shit had me dying when Arie was on the phone with Loyd &quot;I see rocks, trees, little green goblins&quot; .&nbsp; :lol: Then his wife calling him and saying hmm.... must be hard to sleep with 25 naked men in the pool!&nbsp; :lol:

True Blood definitely has set a motive for the murderer. Obvious Vampire hater. Who hates humans that are nice to them in any way.

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=15805.msg1029740#msg1029740 date=1223303504]
    I'm downloading it now, but I have to say your response doesn't exactly bolster my confidence in the show.&nbsp; Hopefully they haven't added another lame subplot (like Jason's erection) that's not in the books.&nbsp; I have no problem with a show not following the books, but only if it's been established from the beginning that it's deviating from the source material.&nbsp; So far the expectation is that the show is following the book.
    [/quote]

I've finished the first book and really enjoyed it.

Are you liking the show Jen? I don't know if I want to watch it.

Plus the guy who plays Jason looks like Steve Irwin.&nbsp;
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=15805.msg1030084#msg1030084 date=1223325549]
    I've finished the first book and really enjoyed it.

Are you liking the show Jen? I don't know if I want to watch it.

Plus the guy who plays Jason looks like Steve Irwin.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I'm not sure if I like it or not.&nbsp; I'm 4.5 episodes in and still only lukewarm.&nbsp; As I've said in other postings, the show seems to be missing the fun factor of the books.&nbsp; The first three episodes were pretty tawdry and the sex didn't add much to the plots.&nbsp; Also, as much as I like Anna Paquin, I'm not sure she's a good Sookie.&nbsp; She comes across as being dumber on the show than she is in the books. Of course, that could be the difference between first person narration and an omniscient narrator.&nbsp; Anyway, I'm going to finish the fifth episode and decide if I want to keep watching.&nbsp; Other than Eric, Sam, and Jason, not many of the characters are all that likable.&nbsp; And I think Sam is likable mainly due to the books and the fact that I know his character so well.

i finally watched episode 2.&nbsp; :lol: I love when I anticipate something so badly, only to put it on the back burner.
    I still like it. and will continue to watch it.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

ugh, it gets better and better every show.

i'm still reeling from the last episode. :|
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

This episode was AWESOME. It made my nipples hard.&nbsp; :oops:

Thanks for oversharing, April.

My favorite part was when Bill was keeping watch and the dog (Sam, Sam, you know it's Sam) came and the two of them sized each other up and then just stood next to each other, both united by their desire to protect Sookie.&nbsp; I wish when she was reading Sam's thoughts they weren't always so physical and icky because I don't believe them, his actions make me think he is a better person than that.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

I just saw episode 6..OMG.&nbsp; I think the last scene was one of the most erotic sex scene's I've seen in a long time.&nbsp; I think I want a vampire! Is that sick of me?&nbsp;

:-D
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

After seeing Michael K's post about Lafayette on DListed, my interest was piqued.

I'm now watching the 1st episode on demand.&nbsp; I'll update with mah review.

I just don't love the show.&nbsp; I'm too attached to the books, I guess.&nbsp; And I know it's HBO and I know it's all about ratings, and I'm no prude. . .I'm tired of the random sex, the constant barrage of sex thoughts, the blood and sex, it's just so over the top and not in a fun way.&nbsp; I'm tired of Jason and wish he'd take the backseat that the does in the books.&nbsp; The books are lighter and they move quicker.

I do really enjoy Lafayette.&nbsp; If you've read book 2, however, you know how that ends.&nbsp; Tara was really good in episode 6 but most of the time she's not that interesting.&nbsp;

I want more ERIC!&nbsp;

ok, can someone explain to me when sam was rolling around in the dead girls bed?!&nbsp; epi. 3, i think?&nbsp; the 2nd dead girl, btw.&nbsp; dawn, i think was her name.&nbsp; WHAT WAS HE DOING?!&nbsp; that was sam, right?

Thread Information