Thread: Michelle Davis missing since August 7th 2008

Michelle Davis missing since August 7th 2008

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8857139

MUSTANG, Okla. - Michelle Davis has been missing for over a week and her family is trying to spread the word of her disappearance.

Barnie Mooneyham is concerned for her daughter. She plans to hold a candle light vigil Thursday in hopes someone knows her daughter's whereabouts.

"The person or persons that have harmed you in any way or tried to take you away from us, the police department will handle them and all we want is a family reunion soon," Mooneyham said.

Michelle Davis was last seen August 7th at her job in Tulsa. She was supposed to come home to Paden in Okfuskee County, but never made it.

The next morning, her husband found her car about six miles from their home, but the 31-year-old mother of 3 was nowhere to be found.

Her hometown of Paden is plastered with pictures and missing person posters.

Police have tirelessly searched for her using everything from aircrafts to ATVs.

They've also left poems, prayers, and plenty of support. One posting includes a link to a MySpace page where anyone can 'Join In the Search for Michelle.'

"She has a zest for life," Davis' mother said. "She would not leave her children. If she has a breath in her, she will find a way to get back to her children."

Mooneyham said the vigil will be held at the Wild Horse Park in Mustang on Thursday evening.

If you have any information on Michelle Davis' disappearance, call the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office at 918-623-1128.

Her myspace:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =405250600

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Re: Michelle Davis missing since August 7th 2008

There has been some speculation that Michelle disappeared on purpose:

http://crimeshadowsnews.com/main/200...lle-lea-davis/

"Notice: The following is, admittedly, not the most productive use of a post. For some reason, however, I feel it should be written. Let me be clear: These rumors are unsubstantiated and are presented here as an example of what appears to be a hostile family environment. Also note, I am not pointing fingers at the family as to any foul play; I am only making an observation that i believe is very relevant.

It has been 5 days since Michelle Lea Davis went missing. Since that time, there has been a lot of speculation concerning her disappearance. Friends and family members of Michelle’s husband, Benny Davis, have been posting comments in various forums that Michelle’s disappearance may be intentional.

While I will give no credit to these accusations, I do think people need to know what is being said and who is saying it. The family of Michelle Lea Davis’ husband is certainly being extremely defensive, even though there doesn’t seem to be a lot of public pressure on Benny Davis. I find this behavior strange, to say the least. It appears that there has been a lot of vicious discussion about Michelle in recent days within the family. This may point to hostility between the husband and Michelle, making the timing of her disappearance all the more questionable. Then again, it may mean that there allegations are correct. I cannot help but hope that Michelle did indeed leave on her own, as Benny’s friends and family are expressing. This would mean that she is most likely safe.

Michelle’s mother, who lives in Mustang, does not feel this is the case. She does not believe that Michelle would leave without taking her children. If Michelle did leave on her own, why would she make it appear as though she had a flat? Why would she have the flashers on? If she wanted to disappear, there would have been more discretion in simply just leaving the car without making it appear something sinister may have occurred.

One of the explanations for her disappearance, being put forth by posters at Topix, is that Michelle set her husband up to be robbed and almost had him killed. These posters, who wrote anonymously (surprise), claim that she never showed up for questioning or a polygraph. The insinuation is that Michelle is running from to avoid consequences for these alleged actions. There appear to be several posters making these accusations and they seem to be completely convinced that this whole thing is a ruse set up by Michelle. One comment suggests that Michelle claimed she was being stalked and that she tried to kill her husband.

Another poster expresses wishes that she (Michelle) turn herself in. This person says that law enforcement has “more important things to do like find out who killed the two little girls, and ends by saying, “her family is well aware of what she has done. Other posters there say that this is not the first time Michelle has disappeared.

I don’t know how Michelle disappeared. I don’t know if she is dead or alive. I hate to see all of the negativity and hostility that is being written. I hope Michelle Lea Davis is alive and well. I also hope that these hostile feelings are not behind her disappearance.

Once again, if you know anything about her whereabouts or disappearance, please, call the Okfuskee County Sheriff’s office at 918-623-1128."

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Michelle reappears:

MUSTANG, Okla. --Michelle Davis had been missing for more than a month, but she returned Friday to her parents' Mustang home.

The mother of three said she was held captive and released late Friday evening.

It was three weeks ago, her family and friends held a candlelight vigil in Davis' honor.

"We will never stop searching for you," Davis' mother Barnie Mooneyham said. "We love you and we want you home."

Davis appeared at her parents' home, ending the search that began August 8.

"She stated that she was held hostage that time and that they had released her sometime Friday afternoon," Deputy Sheriff Derall Summers said.

Davis was last seen August 7 on Highway 62, located east of Paden, Oklahoma. She told investigators she pulled her car over after realizing she had a flat tire. She claims someone then grabbed her from behind.

Davis told authorities she cannot remember anything beyond that point.

Some family members said they doubt the kidnapping story.

"I think she just got so deep in something, she was desperate to try to figure out a way to get out of it," Davis' uncle-in-law Charles Cook said.

Davis' husband initially reported her missing.

"He didn't want to believe anything bad. You know, that's understandable," Cook said.

The investigation is ongoing, according to Okfuskee County deputies who interviewed Davis after her return home last Friday.

"I hope God has mercy on her if she's guilty of anything," Cook said.

Davis' mother denied accusations that her daughter hired a hit man to kill her husband. Authorities continued to investigate the allegations as well as her disappearance.

When contacted Monday morning, Davis declined to do an interview. She said she was staying with her mother in Mustang and had to go to the doctor.

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=9010458&nav=menu681_2/

Kidnapped my ass.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15780.msg1008373#msg1008373 date=1221610519]
    Kidnapped my ass.
    [/quote]Such a cynic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information