Thread: 11-year-old girl finds newborn baby in trash

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

11-year-old girl finds newborn baby in trash

The good news is that she is alive and well. 'Mother' has been arrested.

Investigators have arrested Shawn Sepulveda, a 38-year-old Laguna Niguel woman, on one count of attempted murder after an 11-year-old girl found a newborn baby tossed away inside a large dumpster this morning, authorities said.

The baby was found at about 9 a.m., when the girl was near a dumpster at 30041 Tessier, said Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department. Sepulveda is believed to be the mother of the newborn, according to Amormino.

The 11-year-old immediately told adults, who took the baby to the leasing office of a nearby apartment complex, he said.

The baby girl, who is believed to have been born just hours before it was left in the dumpster, was alive when she was taken to the office, Amormino said.

Authorities were called to the apartment complex, and then began to search for the mother, he said.

The newborn girl has been taken to Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo to be treated. Although she is not considered to be in good health, she is expected to survive, Amormino said.

It is unknown why the baby was left behind in the dumpster, Amormino said. The relationship between the 11-year-old and Sepulveda is part of the investigation, he said.

Because of the Safe Haven Law, mothers who do not want to keep their child have an option to give up custody in a safe manner, Amormino said.

Children can be taken to hospitals, fire or police stations, where mothers can give up custody anonymously without legal repercussions.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/amormino-baby-girl-2127387-dumpster-mother

Re: 11-year-old girl finds newborn baby in trash

Oh for the luv of...  I can make excuses a scared teenager, but 38??

Good Lord. 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

That Safe Haven law is pretty well known.  Why didnt the bitch USE that opportunity to not only keep the baby safe, but to keep herself out of trouble?  Stupid people.

I would like to get some statistics about how many times the safe haven law has actually been put to use.  I wish everyone would take advantage of it.

I don't know how someone wouldn't take advantage of safe haven. 

I can't imagine choosing to throw a baby in a dumpster over giving it a chance at life.

"A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

stupid people never stop amzing me .Like the kid is not going to cry ,and why the hell go through the pain of birth just to throw the baby away .People have some many options now a days why do something so stupid .

Thread Information