Thread: Seneca Garrett, Beaten with Wood

Seneca Garrett, Beaten with Wood

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2006/10/24/Seneca_Garrett_(21)_was_beaten_to_death_with_a_lar ge_piece_of_wood

From his page, From Dubs

9/22/2006 5:14 PM

You dead makes me money.... literaly!

But i really don't want you dead...Â*

9/29/2006 7:09 AM

Hey you Fudgum! you need to get in touch with me... I know something that might intrest you... like the weird shit that randomly happens to me but i somehow always know how to get out of shit... so, yea.... get back to me

10/10/2006 12:13 PM

I'm sorry man.... I tried....Â*

10/12/2006 11:00 AM

You told me to never go down in the fight, and I did... When you ran, I ran and never turned back... When i saw you go down, I fought harder because that's what you would've done.... after the fight, I crawled over to you and held you untill your mother came.... you died in my arms.... You were my brother Sindo... You took me in about a year ago and we became the best of friends.... WE moved to Flordia and lived it up just like we wanted.... We worked on our car together and traveled everywhere, but all I wanted to say was Thank You for the life you shared with me...

Re: Seneca Garrett, Beaten with Wood

*SIGH* Why is everyone so quick to pick up objects to kill people? Nowadays if you're in a fight, your opponent might be out for more than just blood-he/she will probably be out for your life!  :-o

Charges Dropped Against Harrison County Accused of Murder
    Posted Tuesday, October 24, 2006 ; 06:06 PM
    http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=15454

One man's charges are reduced while another's are increased.

CLARKSBURG - Seneca Garrett, 21, was found beaten to death earlier this month in Sardis.

Lloyd Dodd had previously been charged with murder in connection with his death, but now investigators with the Harrison County Sheriff's Department say Dodd did not do it.

The charge against him was dropped on Tuesday. Instead, John Homer Powers was been charged with murder.

Deputies said several people were at the scene the night Garrett was killed and some of their stories have changed since the initial arrests.

Dodd is still charged with two counts of malicious wounding.

Rebecca Powers was also arrested in connection with Garrett’s death. She is charged with one count of malicious wounding.

Wonder if Dubs story changed......

Well, it isn't a huge surprise to see that someone who would write this on their profile:

IF YA GOT A PROBLEM, SAY IT TO MY FACE. WE CAN KNUCKLE UP ANY TIME ANY PLACE!!!!

Would later die in a fight. 

What a waste.

i like droppin wood on some skeezers.

[quote author=dirt link=topic=2470.msg88095#msg88095 date=1161821505]
    [/quote]

you'll just post anything wont you? lol

this is a sad death though. rip
    <br /><br />

[quote author=dirt link=topic=2470.msg88095#msg88095 date=1161821505]
    [/quote]

My mind must be in the gutter today. My first thought was along those lines. Took me a minute to realized it was tree wood..
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

Probable Cause Found In Harrison Beating Death
    Posted Wednesday, November 1, 2006 ; 06:39 PM
    Updated Thursday, November 2, 2006 ; 07:35 AM

John Powers, 24
    Photo Credit: Regional Jail
    Watch Video
    An apparent brawl over vehicle damage turned deadly.

Story by Gabe Gutierrez Email | Bio

CLARKSBURG -- A Harrison County magistrate found probable cause Wednesday to charge John &quot;Homer&quot; Powers with murder.

Investigators said Powers, 24, beat 21-year-old Seneca Garrett to death earlier this month in Chiefton.

Wednesday's court hearing revealed new details about what sheriff's deputies admit has been a confusing investigation.

&quot;We first charge Lloyd Dodd with the murder,&quot; said Deputy Pat McCarty, the lead investigator. &quot;But then stories changed and we realized he didn't do it, but Homor Powers did.&quot;

The story begins at Mars Mines, an old, abandoned strip-mine where local residents often party. According to investigators, that's where Lloyd Dodd rammed his vehicle into another car.

He left the scene along with his wife, his friend John Powers, Power's wife, Rebecca, and another man.

A few miles down the road, the people riding the first car caught up with them. According to investigators, a 10-person brawl ensued. Three of the people involved face charges so far.

Powers is charged with murder. Dodd is charged with two counts of malicious wounding and Rebecca Powers is charged with one count of malicious wounding.

She was at her husband's probable cause hearing. She refused to comment, but said her husband was only acting in self defense and McCarty had it all wrong.

&quot;Practically everything I do is on tape,&quot; McCarty responded. &quot;So it'll all come out in court.&quot;

As for the seven other people at the scene that night, McCarty didn't rule out other charges in the future.

&quot;It's still on ongoing investigation,&quot; he said. &quot;We're still collecting evidence, and finishing up the report.&quot;

Copyright 2006 West Virginia Media. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

[quote author=deathbecomesme link=topic=2470.msg86899#msg86899 date=1161741751]
    Well, it isn't a huge surprise to see that someone who would write this on their profile:

IF YA GOT A PROBLEM, SAY IT TO MY FACE. WE CAN KNUCKLE UP ANY TIME ANY PLACE!!!!

Would later die in a fight.
    What a waste.
    [/quote]

Ya know it used to be that when people(guys) had a disagreement, they brawled...ya know had a fist fight. No one would die or even required medical care really. And the problem would be resolved without hard feelings. Now it has gotten that just a simple fist fight can turn deadly in a matters of seconds. In the heat if the moment people pick up everyday items and turn them into weapons. Or bring a weapon with them, just in case! WTF is with people these days?

sidenote.
    about 20 yrs ago, at a car wash near a strip mall and mcd's that the young kids would hang out at on Fri and Sat nights, sometimes there would be small fist fights.

Well one time there were a bunch of kids there and a boy flirted with another boys girlfriend. So the boy got a baseball bat from his car. When he attempted to swing the bat back for some velocity he hit his girlfriend in the head, she was standing behind him. She died and I'm sure he went to Juvenile Hall. All over a silly little misunderstanding.

What happened to guys having a fist fight to settle that kind of stuff. Ofcourse there are times when someone has died even from a fistfight. But it is unusual and usually it's from falling and hitting their head or due to an undiagnosed health problem. Not really from punching and getting punched.

Violence is not an answer, but it used to not be considered &quot;violence&quot; for teenage boys to duke it out. It's a shame people pick up something to use as a weapon when there is an altercation, what happened to using the gift of communication to resolve differences.

Sad the perpetrators probably after the fact really regret letting themselves get so involved that they made such bad choices. And causing long term problems for themselves and some permanent problems for the ones who don't survive and their family and friends.

[quote author=death_roe link=topic=2470.msg102515#msg102515 date=1163057161]
    Ya know it used to be that when people(guys) had a disagreement, they brawled...ya know had a fist fight. No one would die or even required medical care really. And the problem would be resolved without hard feelings. Now it has gotten that just a simple fist fight can turn deadly in a matters of seconds. In the heat if the moment people pick up everyday items and turn them into weapons. Or bring a weapon with them, just in case! WTF is with people these days?

sidenote.
    about 20 yrs ago, at a car wash near a strip mall and mcd's that the young kids would hang out at on Fri and Sat nights, sometimes there would be small fist fights.

Well one time there were a bunch of kids there and a boy flirted with another boys girlfriend. So the boy got a baseball bat from his car. When he attempted to swing the bat back for some velocity he hit his girlfriend in the head, she was standing behind him. She died and I'm sure he went to Juvenile Hall. All over a silly little misunderstanding.

What happened to guys having a fist fight to settle that kind of stuff. Ofcourse there are times when someone has died even from a fistfight. But it is unusual and usually it's from falling and hitting their head or due to an undiagnosed health problem. Not really from punching and getting punched.

Violence is not an answer, but it used to not be considered &quot;violence&quot; for teenage boys to duke it out. It's a shame people pick up something to use as a weapon when there is an altercation, what happened to using the gift of communication to resolve differences.

Sad the perpetrators probably after the fact really regret letting themselves get so involved that they made such bad choices. And causing long term problems for themselves and some permanent problems for the ones who don't survive and their family and friends.

[/quote]

testify!

I swear when I stare at the pic of the blonde dude, he moves !

Eeeek.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=2470.msg104310#msg104310 date=1163198699]
    I swear when I stare at the pic of the blonde dude, he moves !

Eeeek.
    [/quote]

lol, creepy!

Two future proud anal rape recipients!

That guy in the bottom picture looks like a half brother once removed of the guy with the sprayed on hair.

:lol:
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

:lol:

Thread Information