Thread: Google's 'Street View' catches drunk Aussie passed out in front of house

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Google's 'Street View' catches drunk Aussie passed out in front of house

A man who fell asleep in a drunken stupor on the grass outside his home was horrified to find his embarrassment posted on the internet.

He had been drowning his sorrows over the death of a friend and collapsed after climbing out of a taxi.

As he slept off his excesses, a car-mounted video camera passed by to record pictures of the street for Google's StreetView website.

Within days a photographic record of the neighbourhood and its unusual presence was available for worldwide viewing.

The new Google service has been at the centre of controversy over claims it represents a breach of privacy.

But the latest victim, who gave his name only as 'Bill', is not planning an official complaint.

'I'm not too happy about it' said Bill.

'I mean, I wouldn't have been there in the state that I was in, but I wasn't really thinking there would be someone driving by with a video camera on the roof filming me, either,' Bill, 36, said from northern Australia, where he is working with a fishing company.

'What do you do when you lose a mate like that?' he said of his pal, with whom he had been planning a motorbike holiday around the island of Tasmania.

'I know what he would have done if I left - he would have partied, too. That's what I would've wanted him to do so that's what I did with some friends.'

Bill said he accepted he could not expect to have complete privacy in a public street, but he questioned whether his embarrassing moment should be broadcast over the internet.

Street View was launched in Australia last week and since then there have been a number of complaints about what has been captured on the video camera.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1043561/Googles-Street-View-captures-moment-drunken-Aussie-keeled-outside-home.html

Re: Google's 'Street View' catches drunk Aussie passed out in front of house

thats not funny for him but about a few weeks ago i googled mine and all my nephews and my neighbors children were on my porch.

Well I tried to look up my house and got nothing, but I did look up my old neigborhood and let's just say Thank God I moved...It has gone downhill according to that street  view.

haha there has been so much fuss over this.... a few people have been photographed bending over in their front yard etc :lol:

My house isn't available for viewing yet :(
    Boringgggggggggggggggg.

I am sorry he is bummed about it, and it came from those circumstances.  I know on my block with a bunch of college party kids, I would be hailed as a hero if that was me.

I didn't know this existed!!! How long do you think before the whole US is mapped?!

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Damn. They don't update the program very often, because I'm looking at the shot of my house right now, and we were still doing some construction/initial landscaping... How in the world do they do this without people seeing them snapping pix?

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

[quote author=shansen1984 link=topic=15661.msg967445#msg967445 date=1218691533]
    Aren't they frightening.....scary if you ask me.  :2thescream:
    [/quote]

It is creepy. Big Brother is really watching us all... and his name is Google!!!!

I am so dissapointed that they haven't done Seattle at all!

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=15661.msg967447#msg967447 date=1218691591]
    I am so dissapointed that they haven't done Seattle at all!
    [/quote]

That's weird - they have done part of Battle Ground  :lol:  I would have thought Seattle would have been a much higher priority.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=15661.msg967455#msg967455 date=1218693703]
    That's weird - they have done part of Battle Ground  :lol:  I would have thought Seattle would have been a much higher priority.
    [/quote]

You would think! I thought you were fotunekookie btw.

we need moir pics of you.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=15661.msg967457#msg967457 date=1218693816]
    You would think! I thought you were fotunekookie btw.

we need moir pics of you.
    [/quote]

Seriously?  I read about her.  :2eyesbleed:  What a Whackadoodle.

I have a myspace... There is another pic of me on there with a starfish I caught while I was salmon fishing!!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=15661.msg967461#msg967461 date=1218694299]
    Seriously?  I read about her.  :2eyesbleed:  What a Whackadoodle.

I have a myspace... There is another pic of me on there with a starfish I caught while I was salmon fishing!!
    [/quote]  I checked you out. I know you are legit. I had mods check you out too. You are spppp ;lucky, eriously. And if you are fortunecookue you seriously faked it well.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=15661.msg967462#msg967462 date=1218694546]
      I checked you out. I know you are legit. I had mods check you out too. You are spppp ;lucky, eriously. And if you are fortunecookue you seriously faked it well.
    [/quote]

Nope - I'm just me :)

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=15661.msg967463#msg967463 date=1218694661]
    Nope - I'm just me :)
    [/quote]

I is sooo drunk. Dekicious suprise is the next victim. Hahahhahahahahah.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=15661.msg967498#msg967498 date=1218696967]
    I is sooo drunk. Dekicious suprise is the next victim. Hahahhahahahahah.
    [/quote]

drink water! damn I want a drink... but fuck wtb.. i feel like i've been drinking too much.
    I've been sober all day. grrrr ..
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=15661.msg967508#msg967508 date=1218697806]
    drink water! damn I want a drink... but fuck wtb.. i feel like i've been drinking too much.
    I've been sober all day. grrrr ..
    [/quote]

ALKI~~

The picture of him passed out on the curb looks like some sort of screen capture from a SIMS game.

Thread Information