Thread: Kraig Vecchione (17) committed suicide by gunshot

mydeathspace

Kraig Vecchione (17) committed suicide by gunshot

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/03/11/Kraig_Vecchione_(17)_committed_suicide_by_gunshot

The last time I held his hand

:-(

Re: Kraig Vecchione (17) committed suicide by gunshot

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=13165.msg761545#msg761545 date=1205183058]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/03/11/Kraig_Vecchione_(17)_committed_suicide_by_gunshot

The last time I held his hand

:-(
    [/quote]

...that's the saddest thing I have ever seen. But, then again, she has this memory saved. Most people don't have such a pleasure.

RIP Kraig.

[quote author=.reddawn. link=topic=13165.msg761563#msg761563 date=1205183681]
    ...that's the saddest thing I have ever seen. But, then again, she has this memory saved. Most people don't have such a pleasure.

RIP Kraig.
    [/quote]

That is his father. Here is a picture comment left underneath that picture.

Lenny it took a real brave dad to make the hard decision u did by letting go of his hand to give 17 other people life. I know Kraig is looking down at u proud that u did what he wanted by giving others a chance at life. Alot of people love u and Kraig and one day Kraig will have his hand outstretched for yours when your work here is done. May God keep you safe and give u peace till than.. Your friend, Melissa
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

That picture is heartbreaking. It speaks a thousand words. I'm glad Kraig's organs were used to help 17 others. I hope his family is able to find some peace in his memories.

RIP Kraig

I wonder if he was another victim of the depression that continues to ravage survivors of hurricanes Katrina and Rita?  I know there's been a serious spike in suicides in the last couple of years as the rebuilding effort and the lack of recovery wears people down.  And it sounds like he was giving so much of himself to the effort that maybe it became too much with too little relief. 

RIP Kraig.  Your selflessness is rare.

that picture is heart breaking :(

Wow, just wow is all I can say.
    His father is stronger then I would ever be.

RIP Kraig

My gosh, that is insanely sad and so inspiring at the same time. It's amazing when something wonderful can come from something so tragic. I feel for his parents so much (even though I can't read the article yet). It is blatantly obvious how much he was loved. Look at his friends on his MS page, almost every one of them have "RIP Kraig" in their names. He must've been an extremely wonderful kid. I'm sure he's missed tremendously.

RIP Kraig. I'm sure you never knew that ending your pain would bring such gifts to 17 people. May your family overcome this horrible loss.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I am not.

Thread Information