Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stephanie Swearingen (23) was strangled to death by her husband

Re: Stephanie Swearingen (23) was strangled to death by her husband

[quote author=Sheilamadrie link=topic=2452.msg88944#msg88944 date=1161883830]
    Yeah I don't think it's justified in any way, but the wife should of been more considerate. I'm a military wife and I know alot of wives who cheat while their husbands are on deployment. Shit most of the wives cheat while the husbands still in town. I don't understand cheaters. If you're gonna cheat you should get out of the current relationship because that means you're willing to loose that relationship anyway. There was a Marines wife here who married a guy in Mexico while her husband was in Iraq. When her husband got back they all lived together. It amazed me that the first husband stuck through it especially since he suffered depression really bad while on his deployment. (none of those people are dead)
    [/quote]

Yes but what would they have done had they: "She told tye that night about how she had sex with another man. She said once that the guy she was having an affair with would squeeze her neck during orgasm and it would drive her wild I bet Steph told Tye that and he choked her out of rage."

I am just saying of that DID happen, rage is not rational...

I don't think what he did was excusable... but I still can see how it happened.

[quote author=army wife link=topic=2452.msg88883#msg88883 date=1161881551]
    Here is his profile on myspace
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =19959924

Here is the other guy she was with in January that Tye found out about recently. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =3333612

[/quote]

Thanks for the links.  :-D  Please come back and keep us updated on this story. 

A video about the murder

http://www.kcentv.com/news/c-article.php?cid=1&nid=11074
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

Stephanie Marie Shipley, 23, of Killeen, Texas, was born in San Bernardino, Calif. on October 18, 1982. She was a 2000 graduate of Ellison High School in Killeen, Texas and the proud and devoted mother of her soon-to-be two year old daughter, Sarah Anne.

Stephanie, whose laughter and gentle heart brought smiles to all, leaves her daughter, Sarah Anne; her mother, Jo Ann Shipley of Newburgh; her father, Charles J. Shipley Jr. of Grand Terrace, Calif.; her brother, U.S.A.F. Airman Adam C. Shipley of Whiteman AFB, Mo.; and her half siblings, Jacquelyn and John Shipley of Grand Terrace, Calif., who all loved her and will miss her with all of their hearts.

Stephanie's extended family includes her great-grandmother, Tille Kardel of Edwardsville, Pa.; her maternal grandmother, Vella Kardel of Plattsburgh, N.Y.; her paternal grandparents, Charles Shipley of Bloomington, Calif. and Elisa Espinosa of Pueblo, Calif.; the mother of her half-siblings, Leslie Straub-Shipley; and many aunts, uncles and cousins, whose lives she brought joy and love. Stephanie also leaves many friends who will miss her dearly.

Stephanie would have been 24 years old on October 18.

A wake will be held today, Thursday, October 26 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the A.J. Kopicki Funeral Home in Kingston, Pa.

Funeral services will be held at 8:30 a.m. in the funeral home on Friday, October 27, with a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 9 a.m. at St. Hedwig R.C. Church in Kingston, Pa.

Stephanie will be laid to rest in St. Ignatius Cemetery in Kingston, Pa., next to her grandfather, Stanley R. Kardel, who believed the sun rose and set on his precious granddaughter.

Contributions in Stephanie's memory may be made to a trust fund to be established for the benefit of her daughter, Sarah Anne. They may be sent to Jo Ann

http://www.kdhnews.com/docs/stories/story.aspx?sid=12381&cid=3 

[quote author=army wife link=topic=2452.msg89092#msg89092 date=1161891270]
    http://www.kdhnews.com/docs/stories/story.aspx?sid=12381&cid=3Â*
    [/quote]

Thanks for the links and updates Army wife. Are you on her friends list?
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

I guess the real victim in this case is the little girl.....what a shame 

I know it's 2006 but doesn't the military treat adultry very seriously?.........go ahead laugh at me.........maybe I picked that up from stupid movies my husband watches.......

I think it takes a real peice of shit wife to cheat on a husband who is deployed.  He probably did see things that are horrible while in Iraq.  I have thought before about the generation of soldiers and how the rest of their life would be affected by the war.  I also have to drive by the Homeless Vet shelter everyday on my way to work and it's really sad.  Most of the men there are from the Vietnam era.  I hope the country invests some money into counseling and other services for the troops in this war.  Otherwise we may see more soldiers acting out in rage than just this guy.

I guess if the guy was so angry and "not quite right" the baby girl is better off with someone else for the rest of her life....

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

NEW TWIST

Overheard call leads to arrest for murder
    By Heather Ratcliffe
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    10/26/2006

Some people were bothered by what they overheard.

A woman attending a party this month in her hometown of Unionville, Mo., got a phone call from her son, a soldier stationed in Texas, who said he needed her help.

Friends collected money for Ruth Voss, who explained that she had to drive south to attend to a "family emergency." But a few were suspicious about the nature of the emergency, police would say later. Some swore they heard something about a murder.

A few days later, it got to James Rollins, police chief of the community of about 1,500 people near the Iowa state line. Rollins, who has just three officers, did a little detective work that within days would lead to discovery of a victim, buried above a casket in an existing grave near Killeen, Texas. Advertisement

Killeen is 850 miles from Unionville.

Authorities said Wednesday that Tye Van Swearingen, who is charged with the murder of his wife, may not know yet exactly how his crime unraveled.

The story began the evening of Oct. 14 when Voss, 44, joined her friends for a gathering in Unionville, about 175 miles northwest of St. Louis.

She took a call about dusk from Swearingen, and then told everyone she needed to drive to Texas to pick up her grandchild. Her son was in trouble and he couldn't keep the child, she told them, according to Rollins.

More than one friend had overheard the call. They later told the chief that Swearingen may have shot his wife.

But Rollins said the next step wasn't easy. "They didn't even know there had been a murder in Texas," he said. "And we had no clue what town to call to tell them."

Rollins passed Swearingen's name to the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Its Division of Drug and Crime Control and the Missouri Information Analysis Center learned that Swearingen was stationed at Fort Hood.

Police there said Stephanie Swearingen, 23, had been reported missing on Oct. 15. Officers interviewed Tye Van Swearingen, who first told investigators that his wife drove off after the two argued at their home.

Later, after investigators pressed him, Swearingen led officers to her body, authorities said. Stephanie Swearingen was buried in an existing grave, according to police.

Tye Van Swearingen, 25, was charged Oct. 19 with murder. He is in the Bell County Jail in Texas.

Rollins said he has not yet talked with Voss. She could not be reached by a reporter for comment.

Rollins said he never met Tye Van Swearingen, although he said the suspect had lived in Unionville with his mother until he was a teenager.

The highway patrol superintendent, Col. James F. Keathley said in a prepared statement, that the case shows what "law enforcement gains by working together with shared intelligence."

[quote author=army wife link=topic=2452.msg89289#msg89289 date=1161909144]
    NEW TWIST
    [/quote]

Very interesting!  I wonder if the mom will be charged with aiding and abetting.

Slaying victim was devoted mom, wife, relatives say
    Stephanie Swearingen considered leaving her husband before he allegedly killed her.

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
    Friday, October 27, 2006
    A young Killeen mother strangled to death and buried in an occupied grave in Youngsport last week will be properly buried today in Pennsylvania.
    Relatives and friends of Stephanie Swearingen, 23, are still coping with the fact that her husband of several years, Fort Hood soldier Tye Swearingen, 25, is accused of choking her to death on Oct. 14, putting her body in the trunk of her silver Nissan Sentra and burying her.
    Stephanie Swearingen Killeen woman, whose husband is charged in her murder, will be buried in Pennsylvania.

Tye Swearingen Friends and neighbors say he thought his wife was cheating.
    Killeen police said Swearingen confessed to killing his wife after initially reporting her missing and saying she'd left after they had an argument. He is being held at the Bell County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail and has been charged with murder. He faces life in prison if convicted.
    Their daughter, Sarah, who will turn 2 next week, is temporarily staying with her maternal grandmother, Joann Shipley, in New York.
    Those who knew Stephanie Swearingen say they still are trying to piece together how the seven-year relationship could have led to her death.
    Derrell Lee, a neighbor of the couple, said Tye Swearingen "was always friendly and bubbly. I've never thought he was the type of guy to just get real angry."
    Jenn Twombly, 21, one of Stephanie Swearingen's closest friends in Killeen, said she knew the couple had problems.
    "Every day of her life there was trouble in the relationship," she said.
    Stephanie Swearingen's uncle, Scott Kardel, 41, of Boston, said his niece met her future husband when they volunteered at a Special Olympics event at Killeen's Ellison High School when Stephanie was a senior.
    Kardel said his family didn't approve of Tye Swearingen, who had a troubled background and a child with a woman who lived in Illinois.
    "None of the family particularly liked him," Kardel said. "Nobody wanted them to get married, but they did it anyway."
    They married in October 2001 at the Bell County Courthouse. By then, Tye Swearingen had been in the military for three years.
    Fort Hood officials have said Tye Swearingen was about to be deployed to Iraq for the second time since 2004 — the year the couple's daughter was born.
    Twombly and her husband, Austin, frequently spent time with the Swearingens, and Twombly said Stephanie Swearingen often argued with her husband about how much time she spent online, where she maintained a blog about their daughter.
    Tye Swearingen thought she was cheating on him, Twombly said.
    "He would hack into her MySpace account. He would tell her she was a bad wife, lazy and a bad mother," Twombly said.
    The Friday night before Stephanie Swearingen disappeared, Tye Swearingen kicked a hole in the bedroom door when the two fought about him communicating online with the mother of his 8-year-old son, Twombly said.
    "She found instant messages on his computer that said he wanted to divorce Stephanie" and confronted him about it, Twombly said. "She wanted to leave, but she felt like she would be punishing Sarah if she left Tye."
    Michael White, a lawyer for Tye Swearingen, could not be reached for comment Thursday.
    Pete Martinez said he and the Swearingens moved into homes next to each other about a month apart. "They were a very friendly couple," Martinez said. But, he added, "I knew there was stuff going on over there."
    He said Tye Swearingen would come over to his house and vent about the couple's marital problems, which he said stemmed from Tye Swearingen's belief that his wife was online with other men.
    "You could tell he probably had a short temper," Martinez said. "But I didn't think he'd get to that point where he actually did something."
    Stephanie Swearingen planned to go back to school to become a teacher, according to Kardel.
    She had also been active in a group of Army wives who were also mothers and had started babysitting to make money, Twombly said.
    She will be buried in Kingston, Pa., next to her grandfather. Her tombstone will bear her maiden name — Stephanie Shipley.

[quote author=army wife link=topic=2452.msg92890#msg92890 date=1162239941]

Their daughter, Sarah, who will turn 2 next week, is temporarily staying with her maternal grandmother, Joann Shipley, in New York.

. . . .

Her tombstone will bear her maiden name — Stephanie Shipley.

[/quote]

Thanks for the update.  I feel so bad for Sarah.  Her mother is dead and her dad may be in prison for the rest of his life.  RIP Stephanie

I don't even know where to begin.Â* First of all Stephanie WAS leaving Tye.Â* They were sleeping in seperate bedrooms already.Â* They were staying together for the sake of their daughter, and to pay off some joint debts during what was supposed to be his second deployment.

A bunch of you keep saying "omg cheating wife"Â* but she was with ONE GUY who she had serious feelings for.Â* Tye would go out to the bar "to smoke a cigar" and then come home at three am.Â* He slept with AS MANY GIRLS as he could manage.Â* He told my husband his goal was to sleep with 150 girls before he left for Iraq.

Stephanie was SCARED to leave.Â* Tye was controlling, and very SCARY.Â*

I was her closest friend here, and I WAS THE ONE WHO GOT CALLED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHILE HE WAS DRUNK GOING PSYCHO!

No one else can say SHIT about it.

I was the one who mediated while he packed bags and picked up their baby in the middle of the night like he was going to leave.

Tye came home drunk, a month before he killed Stephanie, and got arrested for TAKING THEIR BABY OUT OF THE HOUSE DRUNK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

So anyone on here who is saying bad things about her, you didn't know her.

She didn't deserve this.

AND it was premeditated.Â*

You'll find out after the trial.Â* I promise.

Stephanie was a beauitful woman who loved her daughter and life.  She was married to a controlling man who was unfaithful and mistreated her, she did NOT deserve this no matter what you all believe she did or didn't do...........it doesn't matter, he agreed to a divorce and was planning on getting with his married ex girl friend, (his sons mother)  He was and is no saint.  Now Sarah has to live without her mother who adored her.  I am asking you all to let my daughter rest in peace!!!!  She did not deserve this.  She was loved by many and will be missed and there is not a day that goes by that I wish she was still here.  That murderer deserves death!!!  He planned it.................do any of you have a life??? Then live it and leave my child alone!!!  Life is too short!!

I'm not sure how "army wife" thinks she can refer to herself as Steph's friend.Â* While I know there were some of us that knew of her new relationship, I personally would never have shared that information with the entire world on a public internet site.Â* As her friends, Steph trusted us with details of her new relationship...I would never have passed that information on to anyone, much less on a site like this.Â*

As rhianabela said, Steph was in a relationship with someone she had very real feelings for...a good guy who genuinely cared about her...unlike Tye who was an abusive monster.Â* And now "army wife" and others are implying that perhaps she deserved a violent death.Â* Army wife, whether you agreed with her new relationship or not, it's disgusting that you chose to share details of Steph's personal life on this website.Â* If there is one thing I know about 99.9% of Army wives, it's that they are loyal to each other, look out for each other, and will always protect each other - I am deeply saddened that an Army wife could do something like this to another Army wife.Â*

To Stephanie's Mom - Steph was a dear friend and a beautiful woman...she was so good hearted...I can't tell you how many times she was there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on.Â* I always knew she would be there for me.Â* I miss her so much.

Every one of you who has something bad to say about Steph should shut your mouth and mind your own business... There is nothing she could have done in this world to deserve what he did to her.. Now her daughter has to grow up without her mother and Steph's mother had to burry her only daughter and you asses think that's fair? Everyone who loved her is hurting. Instead of wasting your time bashing my dear friend, bash the ass hole that killed her. Or how about keep it to yourself!Â* The crap you wrote isn't something he daughter should read when she grows up and researches her mother death. How can you sleep at night? You’re all adults, act like one.Â*

im shocked its a white dude most murderers are black or mexican

[quote author=meathead link=topic=2452.msg101405#msg101405 date=1162993260]
    im shocked its a white dude most murderers are black or mexican
    [/quote]

Retarded post of the year goes to YOU!  Congratulations, jackass!

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

New to the forum, but I figured he was being sarcastic...you know, a meathead who stereotypes everyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=2452.msg102001#msg102001 date=1163016543]
    New to the forum, but I figured he was being sarcastic...you know, a meathead who stereotypes everyone...
    [/quote]

Not anymore............................. 

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=2452.msg102001#msg102001 date=1163016543]
    [/quote]

"Fat, drunk and racist is no way to go through life, son."

Bite me Dirt...grow up

[quote author=FeelOnlyPityforYou link=topic=2452.msg102443#msg102443 date=1163047597]
    Hi! I am new and curious how this works. Who runs this page?
    [/quote]

aw, shut the hell up, you fat cunt.

[quote author=army wife link=topic=2452.msg88098#msg88098 date=1161821840]
    I knew Stephanie; she lived down the street from me. I should have known this was coming because she was having an affair and wanted a divorce. She told tye that night about how she had sex with another man. She said once that the guy she was having an affair with would squeeze her neck during orgasm and it would drive her wild I bet Steph told Tye that and he choked her out of rage.

[/quote]

You have got to be kidding! You act like you spoke with her?!

It is sad that Army Wife pretends to have her facts straight, and to have been a friend of Stephanie's. There is so much that we can say about you Army Wife, and your failing marriage(facts the we know from you, the horse's mouth), but we choose to be adults about it. How the bitterness has taken over your soul that you have taken it to so many levels as creating this page and another one to vent your bullshit on. You put all the honest Army Wives to shame, you are one of those insecure women, who makes waves for all the other families, only because of what happens in your own home. Don't put Stephanie's life to shame, because you will never be happy with how yours turned out.

Like Rhianabela says, you know nothing about what happened, you never were her friend. And Sorry to everyone else who was misled. Stephanie stayed as long as she did for her daughter. She loved her daughter very much, and believe me, she never would have guessed that Tye could do something like this to her. Even though they both fell out of love for eachother, she trusted him enough to keep the best interest of the daughter in his heart and mind, and he didn't.

Stephanie's myspace is private now.

Thread Information