Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FALLOUT 3!

Re: FALLOUT 3!

What is so fun about this game? They took everything that was fun about a FPS and slowed it down into an RPG.

I hate RPG's. I guess I just answered my question.  :|

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=15534.msg1061025#msg1061025 date=1225472842]
    What is so fun about this game? They took everything that was fun about a FPS and slowed it down into an RPG.

I hate RPG's. I guess I just answered my question.  :|
    [/quote]

Fallout 3 is amazing, they actually stayed true to fallout 2 and 1.

I'm am very happy how it turned out. I was afriad they would make it to much like an FPS and take away from the classic fallout that I loved.
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

[quote author=HippyZippy link=topic=15534.msg1061065#msg1061065 date=1225476023]
    Fallout 3 is amazing, they actually stayed true to fallout 2 and 1.

I'm am very happy how it turned out. I was afriad they would make it to much like an FPS and take away from the classic fallout that I loved.
    [/quote]

See I'm a huge FPS fan. I love that you have to be quick and get the drop on people. IMO it's no fun if you get to pause the game and select a limb that you want to shoot off.

Im only a couple hours in this game...But i just love it.

DAMNIT.

The UPS man dropped the package at my door step (says the note)... But its not there!!!!

I fear my fallout was stolen.&nbsp; :2angry:&nbsp; I bet it was those demon children from next door.

&nbsp; EDIT: Crisis adverted. The package was picked up by my manager, and dropped off to me later.. And it wasn't tha game. Ha!

Bloody Mess perk!!!!

Corpse explosion FTW

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=15534.msg1061122#msg1061122 date=1225478672]
    See I'm a huge FPS fan. I love that you have to be quick and get the drop on people. IMO it's no fun if you get to pause the game and select a limb that you want to shoot off.
    [/quote]

Delta I honestly understand. Being a play who played CS CS-source, BF 2, BF 2142. Probably having over 5000 hours total I know the rush of a solid FPS is all about. But I like something different.

I wished someone on here had BF 2142, so I could show them how I ownz it up.
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

I was thinking of getting this but I saw my friend playing and how you had to pause to select where you want to shoot. I was getting mad watching him play, like, just fucking shoot him already! I don't think this game will be up my alley so I'll just play it at a friend's house or something.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=15534.msg1062338#msg1062338 date=1225644849]
    I was thinking of getting this but I saw my friend playing and how you had to pause to select where you want to shoot. I was getting mad watching him play, like, just fucking shoot him already! I don't think this game will be up my alley so I'll just play it at a friend's house or something.
    [/quote]

You don't have to use VATS. You could play the game like a FPS, and never use the turn base.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=15534.msg1061269#msg1061269 date=1225488784]
    Bloody Mess perk!!!!

Corpse explosion FTW
    [/quote]

My god man! you are right! Bloody mess also has +5% for a more critical strike. Plus the blood. It's fucking hilarious to watch they body explode from a pistol.

[quote author=HippyZippy link=topic=15534.msg1064165#msg1064165 date=1225748408]
    You don't have to use VATS. You could play the game like a FPS, and never use the turn base.

My god man! you are right! Bloody mess also has +5% for a more critical strike. Plus the blood. It's fucking hilarious to watch they body explode from a pistol.
    [/quote]I play games too fast.&nbsp; 30 hours in and I've beaten it and all the quests I could find.

What's up with that new Call of Duty? Those are really the only first person shooter game that I ever actually finished. I see it's WWII again.

Why don't do Vietnam? Are there any Vietnam games? I mean you think there would be a lot of material there.&nbsp;
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=15534.msg1067062#msg1067062 date=1225925298]
    What's up with that new Call of Duty? Those are really the only first person shooter game that I ever actually finished. I see it's WWII again.

Why don't do Vietnam? Are there any Vietnam games? I mean you think there would be a lot of material there.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Battlefield Vietnam was awesome. Only thing is that it doesn't have a single player campaign. but the game it self is fun. It's cheap.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=15534.msg1067054#msg1067054 date=1225924683]
    I play games too fast.&nbsp; 30 hours in and I've beaten it and all the quests I could find.
    [/quote]

I am only 10 hours into it so far, and I stopped doing the quests and I have been walking about the wasteland. Amazing.

Next time I play it I'm going melee and energy.

&nbsp; I'm finally playing it. I've enjoyed it so far!&nbsp; I haven't found anything i really dislike about the game, Although the enemies seem nearly impossible sometimes, But that could be my fault for shoddy character building or something. All the raiders in the Supermarket are kicking my ass though. haha.

&nbsp; My most used weapon is the baseball bat :-D No bullets to waste. haha

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=15534.msg1067518#msg1067518 date=1225963613]
    &nbsp; I'm finally playing it. I've enjoyed it so far!&nbsp; I haven't found anything i really dislike about the game, Although the enemies seem nearly impossible sometimes, But that could be my fault for shoddy character building or something. All the raiders in the Supermarket are kicking my ass though. haha.

&nbsp; My most used weapon is the baseball bat :-D No bullets to waste. haha
    [/quote]Aside from the Super Mutant Behemoths and Deathclaws, I really had no problem at all killing.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=15534.msg1067556#msg1067556 date=1225977655]
    Aside from the Super Mutant Behemoths and Deathclaws, I really had no problem at all killing.
    [/quote]

I just killed a Super mutant brute.. I think thats the strongest thing i have killed so far (it was easy, Once i shot his rocket launcher out of his hands. haha).

&nbsp; The only reason the super market is a pain in the ass, is because&nbsp; theirs a lot of raiders in it, and once you start a fire fight, they all jump in for the most part... And since they outnumber me, they usually come out on top. I just said screw it, and didnt go for the optional quest part on that one.

&nbsp; The only other spot i have really had any trouble on, is in one of the tunnels (for 'The Family' side quest). The mirelurks kick my ass there, Because i don't have enough room to move around in that small tunnel. :lol:

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=15534.msg1067573#msg1067573 date=1225981272]
    I just killed a Super mutant brute.. I think thats the strongest thing i have killed so far (it was easy, Once i shot his rocket launcher out of his hands. haha).

&nbsp; The only reason the super market is a pain in the ass, is because&nbsp; theirs a lot of raiders in it, and once you start a fire fight, they all jump in for the most part... And since they outnumber me, they usually come out on top. I just said screw it, and didnt go for the optional quest part on that one.

&nbsp; The only other spot i have really had any trouble on, is in one of the tunnels (for 'The Family' side quest). The mirelurks kick my ass there, Because i don't have enough room to move around in that small tunnel. :lol:
    [/quote]Mirelurks weren't really tough enemies, more like stubborn to die.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=15534.msg1067556#msg1067556 date=1225977655]
    Aside from the Super Mutant Behemoths and Deathclaws, I really had no problem at all killing.
    [/quote]

Deathclaws never that hard. I make bottlecap mines and vat them from long range with my hunting rifle and weaken them long distance from 4 headshots and then back step so they walk right into the mine.... BOOM!

The first time I saw the Behemoth I was like.... O M F G! the entrance was amazing.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=15534.msg1067578#msg1067578 date=1225981937]
    Mirelurks weren't really tough enemies, more like stubborn to die.
    [/quote]

scoped .44 mag, and flamer is what I found works the best.

ummm whats with the music ?

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=15534.msg1073957#msg1073957 date=1226450064]
    ummm whats with the music ?
    [/quote]

haha. It fits the theme... Everything has a 50s theme, and the music fits.

&nbsp; Playing the game, I don't mind the music... But since i preordered, They gave me a Soundtrack CD, I listened to it once, and have no plan on listening to it again :lol:

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=15534.msg1067578#msg1067578 date=1225981937]
    Mirelurks weren't really tough enemies, more like stubborn to die.
    [/quote]

&nbsp; I finally kicked the mirelurks ass... Just had to go level up some more, and go back with full health and a friend (dogmeat), and they went down fast, and now i have no problem with them.

&nbsp; Those damned robots are a different story.. I can take them if i am prepared, But so often i am not prepared for them.&nbsp; The other day, i was running to little lamplight, I got outside the gate and decided to explore in sneak mode around a bus to see what was over there. As soon as i saw the robot, I ran, But it saw me still... the next thing i knew, he blew the bus up and shot me once or twice in the back, killing me. :lol:&nbsp; Now i try to always have rockets on me, just in case i see one of them.

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=15534.msg1073976#msg1073976 date=1226450981]

&nbsp; I finally kicked the mirelurks ass... Just had to go level up some more, and go back with full health and a friend (dogmeat), and they went down fast, and now i have no problem with them.

&nbsp; Those damned robots are a different story.. I can take them if i am prepared, But so often i am not prepared for them.&nbsp; The other day, i was running to little lamplight, I got outside the gate and decided to explore in sneak mode around a bus to see what was over there. As soon as i saw the robot, I ran, But it saw me still... the next thing i knew, he blew the bus up and shot me once or twice in the back, killing me. :lol:&nbsp; Now i try to always have rockets on me, just in case i see one of them.
    [/quote]For the Robots.&nbsp; Pulse grenades.

I beat the game over the weekend, I found the ending way way way way to easy.

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=15534.msg1073970#msg1073970 date=1226450724]
    haha. It fits the theme... Everything has a 50s theme, and the music fits.

&nbsp; Playing the game, I don't mind the music... But since i preordered, They gave me a Soundtrack CD, I listened to it once, and have no plan on listening to it again :lol:
    [/quote]
    Did you get the collector's edition?&nbsp; I want a bobblehead and lunchbox!!&nbsp; I'm not sure if it came with the CE or preorder though. hmm..off to google to find out.

sorry for the double post (dumb char. limit on the PSP)..

Anyways, I just wanted to add I'm hooked on this game. I'm doing all the sidequests first, really taking my time exploring everything.&nbsp; The only thing I think I might dislike later on..not being able to level pass 20. I'm already at LV17 and not even halfway through the game. Did the first two stop at that level, too?&nbsp; But it is a pretty easy game even on hard difficulty if you use VATS, so I guess that's why they stop at 20.&nbsp; still a great game

[quote author=gamerchix link=topic=15534.msg1074425#msg1074425 date=1226473356]
    Did you get the collector's edition?&nbsp; I want a bobblehead and lunchbox!!&nbsp; I'm not sure if it came with the CE or preorder though. hmm..off to google to find out.
    [/quote]

Yeah. I pre-ordered the CE edition... My bobblehead is sitting on top of my computer monitor right now :-D&nbsp; The fallout art book it comes with is pretty cool too!

&nbsp; If you really really want them, You can get the lunch box on Ebay for like $19.99 and the Bobblehead for $30-ish. (Not my auctions of course.. Mine aren't for sale :-D)

sorry for the double post (dumb char. limit on the PSP)..

Anyways, I just wanted to add I'm hooked on this game. I'm doing all the sidequests first, really taking my time exploring everything.&nbsp; The only thing I think I might dislike later on..not being able to level pass 20. I'm already at LV17 and not even halfway through the game. Did the first two stop at that level, too?&nbsp; But it is a pretty easy game even on hard difficulty if you use VATS, so I guess that's why they stop at 20.&nbsp; still a great game
    Yeah thats what i am doing, for the most part too. All the side quests and exploring first, Since once you beat the main quest, you don't get to roam freely anymore.&nbsp; One thing i have learned though, is you have to be careful... Because you can accidentally skip&nbsp; large chunks of the main quest if you go to a place and do something or talk to someone too early (i skipped a little on accident, But i read about someone skipping a good chunk because they explored a place that you're supposed to find on the quest). O don't want to be too specific and spoil anything, though.

&nbsp; I have no idea about the first 2... I never played them :lol:

Thread Information