View Poll Results: Does a nightclub owner have the right to exclude fat people?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's not discrimination if you think thin is in.

31 39.74%
  • No. They have no right to deny anyone.

47 60.26%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightclub Tells Fat Chicks To Go Home

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Nightclub Tells Fat Chicks To Go Home

[size=15pt]Nightclub tells ‘fat’ women to go home[/size]

By Elaine Byrne

FEMALE clubbers were refused entry into Havana nightclub on Saturday night for being too fat.

Police were called to calm the situation outside the Halkett Street club as bouncers and manager Martin Sayers allegedly told women to ‘go away and lose some weight’.

Over 20 women are expected to give statements to the police today and a Facebook page, labelled Havana Club Jersey Discrimination and using an image from US cartoon Family Guy, has already attracted over 100 supporters calling for Islanders to boycott the club.

Georgina Mason was one of the ladies refused entry. The 23-year-old, who works for Lloyds TSB, had been enjoying a night out with friends when it turned sour.

‘About five or six or us got to Havana at about 11.30 pm and the bouncers said we were not allowed in because we were too big. I told them not to be ridiculous and asked to speak to the manager,’ she said.

‘When the manager came out he would not look at me directly but said that they had received too many complaints about fat people and he told me: “Go and lose some weight before you can come in – fat people are bad for business.”

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2008/07/28/club-tells-fat-women-to-go-home/

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Re: Nightclub Tells Fat Chicks To Go Home

Thats just not right at all...

whaaaaaaaat, wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

That’s bad Karma coming his way then. Bang out of order.
    <br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Just for kicks, I added a poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

dude was a jerk for telling her that.&nbsp; but the club is at no fault.&nbsp; people are turned away from clubs and lounges all night...every night.&nbsp; who enters....'club discretion'.&nbsp; you hear no, keep it movin and go spend ya money somewhere else.&nbsp; simple.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=15518.msg955018#msg955018 date=1217896672]
    Just for kicks, I added a poll.
    [/quote]

i vote Yes!&nbsp;

Don't see what the problem is. Dudes get refused entry all the time into clubs because they are guys. So do older men and women. Gotta have the correct ratio. Maybe there were too many fatties inside already?&nbsp; :lol:
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

I voted wrong. Add another yes for me. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

[quote author=S281Saleen160 link=topic=15518.msg955028#msg955028 date=1217897039]
    dude was a jerk for telling her that.&nbsp; but the club is at no fault.&nbsp; people are turned away from clubs and lounges all night...every night.&nbsp; who enters....'club discretion'.&nbsp; &nbsp;you hear no, keep it movin and go spend ya money somewhere else.&nbsp; simple.
    [/quote]

&nbsp; You're right they do turn people away for dress and capacity issues but 2 people told them it was because they were fat. Its descrimination.

i wonder if fat guys were allowed in
    <br /><br />All your sanity and your wits, they will all vanish i promise, it&#39;s just a matter of time.

[quote author=Crystalofthedead link=topic=15518.msg955036#msg955036 date=1217897270]
    i wonder if fat guys were allowed in
    [/quote]

If they are with hot women then yes.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Btw. Anyone know how fat these girls were? It does make a difference mainly due to fire codes.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=15518.msg955032#msg955032 date=1217897162]
    Don't see what the problem is. Dudes get refused entry all the time into clubs because they are guys. So do older men and women. Gotta have the correct ratio. Maybe there were too many fatties inside already?&nbsp; &nbsp;:lol:
    [/quote]

I love it when clubs don't let people in , so the long line outside looks like they're all busy.
    Then when you get in , no one's there.
    I hate waiting in line.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=15518.msg955035#msg955035 date=1217897254]
    &nbsp; You're right they do turn people away for dress and capacity issues but 2 people told them it was because they were fat. Its descrimination.
    [/quote]

dont know bout up north....but in NYC you get told no, you do not get the 'why'.&nbsp; simple.&nbsp; you get told no, you go somewhere else.&nbsp;

[quote author=S281Saleen160 link=topic=15518.msg955046#msg955046 date=1217897594]
    dont know bout up north....but in NYC you get told no, you do not get the 'why'.&nbsp; simple.&nbsp; you get told no, you go somewhere else.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

&nbsp; Listen Mister..I am like 4 hours from you! LOL. I have never been told no in NYC or Boston. Although I dont think I am all that fat either...but still its not cool in my opinion.

I'm actually thinking of making a club that is geared towards fatter people. For example the bar has no chairs but rather Elliptical machines. The toilets would be all stationary bikes so you could peddle while you handle your business. Also I'd crank up the heat so you would sweat a lot.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=15518.msg955051#msg955051 date=1217897896]
    I'm actually thinking of making a club that is geared towards fatter people. For example the bar has no chairs but rather Elliptical machines. The toilets would be all stationary bikes so you could peddle while you handle your business. Also I'd crank up the heat so you would sweat a lot.
    [/quote]

:lol:
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=15518.msg955035#msg955035 date=1217897254]
    [/quote]

All clubs like that discriminate.&nbsp; Not that it's right, but they do.&nbsp; It's one of the reasons I don't go to them.&nbsp; I'd never get let in.&nbsp; :lol:

EDIT:&nbsp; Not that I'm fat, I just don't care enough to dress a certain way to get in.&nbsp; I'm one of those people who's proud to have no interest in fashion or being &quot;cool&quot; whatsoever.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Wick link=topic=15518.msg955051#msg955051 date=1217897896]
    [/quote]

Aw wick you are naughty &nbsp;:-P
    <br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

I'd also like to state that I actually want a lot of fat people in the clubs. Like a lot. It increases my chances of scoring and makes me look a lot better.

Dude.&nbsp; I'd just go to another bar?&nbsp;

If I was a bar owner, I wouldn't let bald guys in.&nbsp; Or people with glasses.&nbsp; Both are a turn off.&nbsp; :2smiley:&nbsp; They can help that shit too, contacts and Rogaine bitches.

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=15518.msg955060#msg955060 date=1217898324]
    Dude.&nbsp; I'd just go to another bar?&nbsp;

If I was a bar owner, I wouldn't let bald guys in.&nbsp; Or people with glasses.&nbsp; Both are a turn off.&nbsp; &nbsp;:2smiley:&nbsp; They can help that shit too, contacts and Rogaine bitches.
    [/quote]

What you got against guys with glasses, woman?&nbsp;

"A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Couldn't they have made some sort of other excuse?
    Like something like that they are too crowded at the moment, or something more respectful.
    I mean that's still wrong, but I can't believe they outright said you're too fat, go home and lose weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=15518.msg955063#msg955063 date=1217898411]
    Couldn't they have made some sort of other excuse?
    Like something like that they are too crowded at the moment, or something more respectful.
    I mean that's still wrong, but I can't believe they outright said you're too fat, go home and lose weight.

[/quote]

&nbsp; Exactly! Everyone discriminates just some of us are better at it and will always get away with it..this club? I think they will be fined or whatever it is they do to businesses that do discriminate.

Thread Information