Thread: Lane Frost (25) was killed in a bull riding accident at the 1989 Cheyenne Fronti

Lane Frost (25) was killed in a bull riding accident at the 1989 Cheyenne Fronti

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/08/04/Lane_Frost_(25)_was_killed_in_a_bull_riding_accide nt_at_the_1989_Cheyenne_Frontier_Days_Rodeo

Never will there ever be a more kinder bull rider then Lane.   I got the chance to meet Lane and Kellie at the - "Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show."  He was the sweetest most down to earth guy you'd ever wanna meet.   I have an autographed ticket stub here somewhere........I'll look for it.   Also reviews from the Houston Rodeo Circuit ......I even named a dog I had "Red Rock!" after him.

I wish I could spend my last breath doing what I loved most of all.....

God bless you Lane - you will never accomplish what you did and be forgotten!!

Respect n hugs! 

Linda Kay   aka: EW
    =(

thanks to whoever submitted this.....I just posted a somewhat memory page in [Random Pictures] a couple of days ago.

I truly love honest hard working people that get things done - guess we can all relate to Lanes story.

Sweet dreams    :kiss3:

nite.......2 xanax and sprodka........and I'm history      :lol:

mydeathspace

Re: Lane Frost (25) was killed in a bull riding accident at the 1989 Cheyenne Fronti

No one submitted him, but I looked him up after seeing the photos you posted. I had never heard of Lane before.

Feel free to repost the pictures in this thread.

I almost don't want to ask if there is a video of his last bull ride..... but is there? 

RIP Lane.

Re: Lane Frost (25) was killed in a bull riding accident at the 1989 Cheyenne Fronti

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=15502.msg954212#msg954212 date=1217830569]
    No one submitted him, but I looked him up after seeing the photos you posted. I had never heard of Lane before.

Feel free to repost the pictures in this thread.

I almost don't want to ask if there is a video of his last bull ride..... but is there?   

RIP Lane.
    [/quote]
    I'm still searching.......it may have been removed by request of family or more then likely Kellie......not that blame her, it's hard to watch....srsly.

Here's one I love for Lane. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq708N_MN1w

http://www.cowgirls.com/dream/jan/frost.php

another good site, if you're a fan - if not, you missed out. :-)

I googled Lane the other day after Elegantly posted the pictures of him in Random Pictures because I'd never heard of him and know nothing about bull riding.  Interesting story.  Apparently after Lane's death they created protective vests for the bull riders to wear.

RIP Lane

Just an FYI, but there is a fairly decent movie about Lane's life called "8 Seconds".

RIP Lane

ETA: 
    Picture from his last ride found at http://www.lanefrost.com/Cheyenne.htm

and from his gravesite found at the same website:

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=15502.msg954249#msg954249 date=1217850318]
    Just an FYI, but there is a fairly decent movie about Lane's life called "8 Seconds".

RIP Lane

ETA: 
    Picture from his last ride found at http://www.lanefrost.com/Cheyenne.htm

and from his gravesite found at the same website:

[/quote]

Yes there is and I bought the dvd............it's a good movie but sad, I always cry at the end....always.  I thought Luke Perry did a wonderful job portraying Lane.   

8 seconds is awesome!  Love that movie.  I agree that Luke Perry did an awesome job portraying Lane.  I always wondered how much of that movie was true and how much was added for drama. Anyway, I remember when this happened.  It was a sad sad day.

Why was he so popular? Could he do some special tricks or something? 
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=15502.msg954822#msg954822 date=1217885538]
    Why was he so popular? Could he do some special tricks or something? 
    [/quote]

He was the only bullrider to ever ride Red Rock.

I just found this site when I Googled Lane Frost.  My husband and I almost went to the CFD Rodeo that year.  It was an anniversary gift that I let my Hubby choose, CFD Rodeo or go to the Ray Stevens concert at our county fair.  He choose the county fair concert.  If we had gone to the CFD it would have been that weekend.  :-(  It was a very sad day in Rodeo.

As for the vests....I had heard that Cody L. had a hand in getting them designed and out for the cowboys.  Not just for the bullriders as all of the roughstock guys, and gals, use them.  When our oldest joined the NHSRA, Nebraska HIgh School Rodeo Association, it was a requirement that the roughstock kids wear them.  They also are required to wear mouth guards.  And he told us that it was also a requirement when he was in college and did the NIRA, National Intercollegiate Rodeo Associtation.  He, and I've noticed the others, also wears it at NSRA, Nebraska State Rodeo Association, rodeos.  Our second son has a vest that he wears when he does steer riding as well as a mouth guard.  He's only done a couple of junior rodeos, but if he joins the NLBRA, National Little Britches Rodeo Association, or waits and joins the NHSRA and does roughstock then he will wear it there too.  He also wears a helmet, something his big brother won't do.
    And our youngest will wear a vest and helmet if he does roughstock.
    Yes, it was very sad that Lane Frost died, but so much in the way of safety gear came as a result.  So something good did come from his death.
    Sorry this got long, just thought I'd give a bit of info on the vests and other safety equipment.

Link:

http://www.roughstockunlimited.com/

They have Adult, Youth, Kids and bull fighter vests here.  And even though they are listed as bull rider/fighter all the roughstock use them, Bareback, Saddle Bronc and Bull Riding.  They even have Lane Frost gloves.

Peace!  :-)

Re: Lane Frost (25) was killed in a bull riding accident at the 1989 Cheyenne Fr

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=15502.msg955078#msg955078 date=1217898893]

He was the only bullrider to ever ride Red Rock.
    [/quote]

Yep that was focused a lot in 8 Seconds.

Thread Information