Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim McLean (22) was stabbed to death and beheaded on a Greyhound bus

Tim McLean (22) was stabbed to death and beheaded on a Greyhound bus

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2008/08/02/Tim_McLean_(22)_was_stabbed_to_death_and_beheaded_ on_a_Greyhound_bus

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080731.wmanbus0731/BNStory/National/home

Man stabbed, beheaded on bus to Winnipeg from Edmonton

JOE FRIESEN

Globe and Mail Update

July 31, 2008 at 6:07 AM EDT

BRANDON, MAN. — A young man travelling on a Greyhound bus was stabbed to death and beheaded by a stranger in a horrifying act of apparently random violence.

The incident occurred on a bus travelling from Edmonton to Winnipeg just before 10 p.m. Wednesday.

A man of about 18 who was sleeping with headphones on was suddenly attacked by his seat mate, according to the man who sat directly in front of them.

He was stabbed repeatedly with a large hunting knife, sending blood spraying across the interior of the bus. The driver quickly pulled over and passengers fled out the front door.
    Videos

Horrific incident on Manitoba bus

Young man travelling on Greyhound bus stabbed to death and beheaded by stranger.

The man then sawed off the victim's head and carried it to the front of the bus.

The two did not apparently know one another. The victim boarded the bus in Edmonton, one witness said, and the attacker boarded in Manitoba.

A standoff with police ensued until about 1 a.m. local time.

One man was taken into custody.

Garnet Caton, 26, was sitting in the seat in front of the attacker.

"I was just reading a book and all of a sudden I heard a guy screaming. I turned around and the guy sitting right beside me was standing up and stabbing another guy with a big Rambo knife," he said.

"Right in the throat. Repeatedly."

The man wielding the knife had a shaved head and was wearing sunglasses, he said.

"He looked totally calm. He didn't say a word I don't think to anybody on the bus ... nothing. Just totally calm."

Mr. Caton said most passengers were sleeping at the time and didn't realize what was happening.

"I screamed 'stop the bus!' ... Everybody got the hell off, and people at the front of the bus didn't really understand what was going on. It almost turned into a trample scene there, everybody trying to get off the bus. But the guy didn't care at all. He wasn't concerned with anybody but the guy he was stabbing.

"The guy was totally calm. When he brought the head he looked at us and dropped it. It was like he was having a day at the beach. He couldn't be bothered by anything else."

Re: Tim McLean (22) was stabbed to death and beheaded on a Greyhound bus

WHAT THE F?!?!?!

Talk about choosing the wrong seat.  Poor guy, what a horrible way to go.

Jesus H. Christ.......what the hell is the world coming to?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits "--

This is why I don't take the bus.

I took a bus from Buffalo to Virginia about 15 years ago, and we were almost hijacked outside of NYC.  The feds came on and arrested the two guys sitting in front of me who had guns in their bags.  I got to see it all. 

I;d have rather been hijacked than beheaded, though.  That's just beyond disturbing. 
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=15440.msg949916#msg949916 date=1217520563]

I took a bus from Buffalo to Virginia about 15 years ago, and we were almost hijacked outside of NYC.  The feds came on and arrested the two guys sitting in front of me who had guns in their bags.  I got to see it all. 

I;d have rather been hijacked than beheaded, though.  That's just beyond disturbing. 
    [/quote]
    Well it's not like this happens 20 times a week.

Chances are better you'll die in a car crash. Have a nice day, and God bless. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

holy bujeezus.

he sawed it off with a KNIFE?!?/sdjlfhskajdhfksdhf

Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=15440.msg949705#msg949705 date=1217504513]

Garnet Caton, 26, was sitting in the seat in front of the attacker.

&quot;I was just reading a book and all of a sudden I heard a guy screaming. I turned around and the guy sitting right beside me was standing up and stabbing another guy with a big Rambo knife,&quot; he said.

[/quote]

This is a horrible story, but I still lol'd at Rambo knife. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=15440.msg949929#msg949929 date=1217521244]
    Well it's not like this happens 20 times a week.

Chances are better you'll die in a car crash. Have a nice day, and God bless. :-D
    [/quote]

I don't drive, either.&nbsp; I guess I'm in for a long life.&nbsp; :lol:
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=15440.msg950128#msg950128 date=1217529457]
    I don't drive, either.&nbsp; I guess I'm in for a long life.&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]
    Touche.

That is some crazy ass shit. I can't believe he couldn't defend himself. But I guess being awoken by a giant KNIFE in your neck doesn't really give you an advantage.

Edited because someone pointed my error out,&nbsp; :lol:.

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

i found a pretty in depth article.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba: witnesses

Bus en route to Winnipeg from Edmonton; story contains graphic details

Last Updated: Thursday, July 31, 2008 | 12:53 PM ET Comments556Recommend1106

CBC News

A passenger repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated a young man aboard a Greyhound bus travelling through Manitoba overnight in what appears to be a random attack, witnesses told CBC News.

Police officers spent the night examining a Greyhound bus where a passenger was reportedly stabbed and decapitated late Wednesday. (John Woods/Canadian Press)The RCMP would not confirm the report, only saying that a homicide took place about 18 kilometres west of Portage la Prairie, Man., late Wednesday on a bus driving along the Trans-Canada Highway.

The RCMP said a suspect, whose identity has not been released, was arrested early Thursday morning. More information would be released Thursday afternoon at a press conference in Winnipeg, RCMP said.

About 37 passengers and a driver were aboard the bus en route to Winnipeg from Edmonton, according to a Greyhound spokesperson.

Passenger Cody Olmstead, 21, told CBC News he had smoked a cigarette earlier in the trip with the victim, whom he described as a man in his late teens or early 20s. The victim got on the bus in Edmonton, he said.

&quot;I never took the time to know him, but he seemed to be OK, right, just a kid,&quot; said Olmstead, a Nova Scotia man who had been taking the bus to Montreal.

&quot;He just said he was going to Winnipeg … going home, that's where he was from.&quot;

Garnet Caton, who was sitting in the seat in front of the victim, said he saw the attacker stab his seatmate, a young man sleeping with his headphones on.

Caton said he heard a &quot;blood-curdling scream&quot; and turned around to see the attacker holding a large &quot;Rambo&quot; hunting knife above the victim, &quot;continually stabbing him in the chest area.&quot;

&quot;He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times,&quot; said Caton.

&quot;Like, just everywhere, arms, legs, neck, chest, guts, wherever he could swing it, he got it,&quot; said Olmstead.

&quot;It looked kind of like a scuffle or an argument, you know, and then somebody's, like, 'Knife! Knife! Run!' so I was running up the alleyway, slapping people telling them to get going, move, get off the bus. I got pushed over, some lady got pushed over, I was just making sure everybody was OK, and we all got off the bus,&quot; said Olmstead

As panicked passengers fled the bus, &quot;the attacker was over top of the victim … continually cutting him. I think the victim was gone at that point,&quot; Caton said.

Trio tried to check on victim

Caton, the driver and a trucker who had stopped at the scene later boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.

&quot;When we came back on the bus, it was visible at the end of the bus he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up,&quot; said Caton.

The attacker ran at them, Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut as he tried to slash at the trio.

When the attacker tried to drive the bus away, the driver disabled the vehicle, Caton said.

&quot;While we were watching the door, he calmly walks up to the front with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us,&quot; said Caton.

&quot;They did an awesome thing, holding him in there, because if not, what would have happened?&quot; said Olmstead.

Acted 'like he was a robot'

Caton described the attacker as surprisingly calm. &quot;It was like he was at the beach or something. There was no rage in him. He wasn't swearing or cursing or anything. It was just like he was a robot or something.&quot;

Police cruisers arrived about 10 minutes after the attack began, he estimates, and officers began directing passengers to school buses to take them to a hotel in Brandon.

&quot;While we were waiting on the side of the road, [the attacker] was taunting the police with the head in his hand,&quot; said Caton.

Garnet Caton said he heard a 'blood-curdling scream' and turned around to see a man repeatedly stabbing the passenger sitting next to him. (CBC)Caton described the attacker as appearing &quot;totally normal&quot; earlier in the journey, even chatting with a young woman as he smoked a cigarette during a break.

But when he got back on the bus, he moved his belongings from the front to a seat beside the victim in the back and about 20 minutes later began attacking the man, said Caton. &quot;He didn't say anything to the victim at all,&quot; said Caton.

A six-year-old and other children were among the passengers who saw the horrific incident unfold, said Caton.

&quot;It was pretty traumatic,&quot; he said, adding that some passengers said they have been unable to sleep or eat since it happened.

Bev Cumming, head of acute care services for the Brandon Regional Health Authority, said chaplains and psychiatric nurses have been working with dozens of passengers on the bus since they arrived in Brandon.

&quot;When you see something as horrifying as that, the brain locks on to those images. It's very difficult to release those images,&quot; Cumming said.

&quot;The assistance that people will get will be along the lines of coping in the immediate phase, learning what to do to reduce the profound effect this experience will have.&quot;

Investigation is in 'full motion': minister

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day commented on the killing, saying that like most Canadians, he was horrified to hear witness accounts of the homicide.

&quot;The horrific nature of it is probably one of a kind in Canadian history,&quot; he told reporters late Thursday morning in Lévis, Que.

The minister said he didn't want to say anything that would compromise the investigation, but &quot;I can assure people that everything is in full motion and momentum to getting to the bottom of this incident.&quot;

Questioned about whether weapons regulations should be put into place for buses, Day said it would be premature to look at such precautionary measures but added that the legal process will be followed as &quot;aggressively as possible.&quot;

With files from the Canadian Press

One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Hope it's not an American that did it. :-P

That's just terrifying!
    There were children on the that bus... they're officially fucked for life.

One of my customers mentioned it to me, and I came straight to MDS to find the articles&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=15440.msg950578#msg950578 date=1217546382]
    Hope it's not an American that did it. :-P
    [/quote]

It probably is.&nbsp; Canadians are too nice to do that sort of thing.

[youtube=425,350]xEZbzoseYdI[/youtube]

Westboro Baptist Church leader Fred Phelps provides insightful commentary on the incident.

Fast forward to 1:52

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=15440.msg950696#msg950696 date=1217551256]
    [youtube=425,350]xEZbzoseYdI[/youtube]

Westboro Baptist Church leader Fred Phelps provides insightful commentary on the incident.

Fast forward to 1:52
    [/quote]

awesome! my avatar got a shout out! btw, has anyone seen that [size=10pt]fag[/size] delta around lately?

&quot;After a nearly three-hour standoff, an official said. &quot;He was taunting police with the head in his hand out the window,&quot; said Caton.&quot;

WTF! They waited three hours he should have been shot on sight.

God damnit. Why isn't this on youtube? But in all reality, i can't believe the passengers weren't able to subdue this dude once they realized what was going on. Aka. Cutting a guy's head off! That takes time,right? I know the gun nuts are going to be all over this, but man. There's something weird here.

The victim's name is all over the media now. His friends have given interviews, even though it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. One of the articles I read said he had a myspace. I wonder if it's been submitted yet. (edit - If no one else has, I just did)

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=15440.msg951489#msg951489 date=1217584807]
    &quot;After a nearly three-hour standoff, an official said. &quot;He was taunting police with the head in his hand out the window,&quot; said Caton.&quot;

WTF! They waited three hours he should have been shot on sight.
    [/quote]

it's Canada. they probably sweet talked him into boredom.&nbsp;

In the words of Stickyfingaz &quot;Bu..bu..bu...bu..but wait it gets worse!&quot;
    Or better depending on how you look at it.
    I believe we now have motive.
    Here's the victim.

mydeathspace

Just when you thunk you heard it all.

Geez! I can understand hating Juggalos, but beheading them seems a tad over-the-top.

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=15440.msg949916#msg949916 date=1217520563]

I took a bus from Buffalo to Virginia about 15 years ago, and we were almost hijacked outside of NYC.&nbsp; The feds came on and arrested the two guys sitting in front of me who had guns in their bags.&nbsp; I got to see it all.&nbsp;

I;d have rather been hijacked than beheaded, though.&nbsp; That's just beyond disturbing.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

My mom always told me that you get head lice from bus seats. She forgot to mention the beheading part. Is that to cure the lice?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I wonder what drove the attack. Maybe something said at the rest stop?

RIP Tim.

Seems he may have eaten some of the victims flesh, maybe he was just hungry.

Thread Information