• Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

    The trial has finally started!

    http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/...live-streaming

    Jodi Ann Arias (28) allegedly shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander (30) to death

    Out of 12,000 + death entries, this one could possibly be one of the most crazy I can remember.

    I would hate to say that this entry is my new all-time favorite entry (because it's a terrible situation), but yeah...






    Jodi's Case History: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2008-031021
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death started by mydeathspace View original post
    Comments 54252 Comments
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      Jodi Arias knew Travis Alexander for 21 months!!!From September 2006 to June 4, 2008, when she murdered him. (4 months in 2006+12 months in 2007+5 months in 2008) That is not years! She claims she was in a 'relationship' with him from February 2007 to June 2007, (5 months). That does not equate to the often repeated statement on this thread that Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander knew each other for years.
    1. Sweetharmony's Avatar
      Sweetharmony -
      Miscellaneous thoughts: The medical examiner said that if the shot to the head had come first there would have been bruising around the wound. After the wounds with the knife, there was no blood pressure to drive blood into the surrounding tissue.

      Six black socks were removed from the washing machine and were damaged by bleach. (There was discussion yesterday afternoon about how Jodi got around without tracking blood through the house.) There was a bloody fingerprint on the washing machine also. I have not been able to find the evidence of blood in the downstairs bathroom but I recall seeing pictures with evidence placards in there.

      Aaannd... I'm sure Nurmi said "Alright. Just stick with that" when he approached Jodi after her 'breakdown' on the stand. I plugged in external speakers and cranked the volume up and it is very clear. I'd stake Jodi's life on it...
    1. I doubt it's Avatar
      I doubt it -
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
      Thank you. Yes, I understand most all of that. The part that sticks out to me is this: "Whether to allow recross-examination is left to the trial court's "broad discretion."

      Has Judge Sherry been allowing any recross? I can't remember for sure. I think I remember her excusing the witness without asking if the other lawyer wanted to recross.
      Maybe she "leaves it to her discretion" on each witness?

      I guess I could go rematch some of the trial on YouTube. Or, I can just wait and see.
      Didn't Nurmi say at the last sidebar that he needed some piece of evidence Martinez had checked out for his redirect? And JM said he would give to him the next day (Friday).
    1. Monkey King's Avatar
      Monkey King -
      Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
      Didn't Nurmi say at the last sidebar that he needed some piece of evidence Martinez had checked out for his redirect? And JM said he would give to him the next day (Friday).
      I'm thinking it was the actual camera, no?
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
      Didn't Nurmi say at the last sidebar that he needed some piece of evidence Martinez had checked out for his redirect? And JM said he would give to him the next day (Friday).
      Immediately upon completion of the hearing on the request from the media to be granted access to the transcripts of the In Chambers hearings that took place during the trial, Mr. Nurmi stood up and asked the judge to direct Mr. Martinez to turn over a piece of evidence that was in the prosecutor's possession. Mr. Martinez stated that Nurmi had already asked him for that earlier in the day and that he had responded that he would turn over the item immediately court was adjourned for the day and that he didn't know why Nurmi was trying to make an issue of it in front of the court. Nurmi responded that he was 'making a record.' The judge responded O.K., she'd direct that Martinez do what he already undertook to do and that was the end of it. That happened on Thursday, February 28, 2013. Anyone watching could see that Martinez was disgusted with Nurmi for trying to make an issue of it.

      Whatever the item of evidence was was not disclosed. It was just something that was in the evidence 'locker' that the prosecutors' office had removed and temporarily taken to their offices for whatever use or further examination they thought was necessary. It was not a prosecution 'trick' as Nurmi was trying to imply it was for the 'record'.
    1. Monkey King's Avatar
      Monkey King -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
      Immediately upon completion of the hearing on the request from the media to be granted access to the transcripts of the In Chambers hearings that took place during the trial, Mr. Nurmi stood up and asked the judge to direct Mr. Martinez to turn over a piece of evidence that was in the prosecutor's possession. Mr. Martinez stated that Nurmi had already asked him for that earlier in the day and that he had responded that he would turn over the item immediately court was adjourned for the day and that he didn't know why Nurmi was trying to make an issue of it in front of the court. Nurmi responded that he was 'making a record.' The judge responded O.K., she'd direct that Martinez do what he already undertook to do and that was the end of it. That happened on Thursday, February 28, 2013. Anyone watching could see that Martinez was disgusted with Nurmi for trying to make an issue of it.

      Whatever the item of evidence was was not disclosed. It was just something that was in the evidence 'locker' that the prosecutors' office had removed and temporarily taken to their offices for whatever use or further examination they thought was necessary. It was not a prosecution 'trick' as Nurmi was trying to imply it was for the 'record'.
      Hi Ian~

      You are correct in what you state. I remember Nurmi requesting the camera so he could have it independently checked- like I don't think that camera is doing him any favors!!
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
      And one of them is a successful limelight seeker ~ kudos Ron.

      Really just wanted to ask this, did Jodi take a deliberate pic of Travis dead in the shower or is that a crime scene photo i am thinking of?
      That's a crime scene picture taken by the police technician. The last photo on Travis's camera, (accidentally snapped) is the one with Jodi Arias's sock-clad foot and Travis Alexander's head, bloody shoulder and right foot, taken with Travis lying on the ceramic tile in the hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom.
    1. Karlita's Avatar
      Karlita -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
      That's a crime scene picture taken by the police technician. The last photo on Travis's camera, (accidentally snapped) is the one with Jodi Arias's sock-clad foot and Travis Alexander's head, bloody shoulder and right foot, taken with Travis lying on the ceramic tile in the hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom.
      I could have sworn that when Juan put that pic up he asked if she took it and she said yes. I do admit the photo he had up had the crime scene markers in it so I could be totally wrong about that. I just remember thinking when he said that, OMG she took a pic of him in the bottom of the shower after he was dead?? Yikes, what you say makes more sense though. If I get a chance (but with so so much catching up on here to do so doubt it) I will go back and try to find that clip. Thanks for the clarification.
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Karlita View Post
      I could have sworn that when Juan put that pic up he asked if she took it and she said yes. I do admit the photo he had up had the crime scene markers in it so I could be totally wrong about that. I just remember thinking when he said that, OMG she took a pic of him in the bottom of the shower after he was dead?? Yikes, what you say makes more sense though. If I get a chance (but with so so much catching up on here to do so doubt it) I will go back and try to find that clip. Thanks for the clarification.
      I sort of recall that I did have a twinge of confusion about that. For a brief moment, it seemed to me that what Martinez said didn't correspond with what was on the screen. All pictures of Travis Alexander's dead body in the shower are clearly police crime scene photos. Either Martinez inadvertently put up the wrong picture or else he got his words mixed up. I'm going to check it now.

      You're welcome.
    1. dianalyn's Avatar
      dianalyn -
      I have seen a lot of speculation that when she gave her false ninja story that many think that the "I can't feel my legs" might have actually happened. I kind of think that when she says he told her to "go get help" that may have happened. He may not have realized for a split second that she intended to kill him and when he began to cough up blood he asked her for help.
    1. M Joy's Avatar
      M Joy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
      The hand gesture in Travis last nude shot on the bed is a 'double bird.' Jodi said he flipped her one when she drove away in March 2008 when she finally left Mesa on her strategic retreat to Yreka. Travis probably didn't do it then but Jodi Arias couldn't resist incorporating it into her story so she transferred the detail from the bedroom on June 4, 2008, and placed it in the story about leaving. She does it all the time with many details. That's how she avoids telling the truth by not lying. I've said it before, Jodi Arias never tells the truth. She is either lying or she is not lying is the best you can say about her.
      Um.. Just for clarification. This is the double bird


      And this is what Travis was doing
    1. zeebee's Avatar
      zeebee -
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
      I agree I don't think she is smiling. I don't think she was peeking at the pictures this time either.

      Doesn't mean she was having sincere remorse. I just don't think she was "smiling."
      Exactly.

      Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
      Watching the Dateline special and Donovan has a cameo, gorgeous creature! eesh
      It's amazing though that she actually seemed sane during the interview. She has posted in here and all of her posts have a whiff of crazy.

      Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
      I don't work in the morgue anymore. I actually really liked it. I know that sounds horrible. It was so interesting though. I did the same thing every day, but each case was different. I really didn't have any stress from it either. That probably sounds horrible, too. I didn't perform ME cases, though. I performed "natural" cases. So, if someone died in the hospital that wasn't an ME case. The ME office was across the street from the hospital and I became friends with the staff over there. They use to call me and tell me to come over to see the cool stuff.
      Why don't you work there anymore? Just curious, you can ignore the question if you want to.

      Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
      Really just wanted to ask this, did Jodi take a deliberate pic of Travis dead in the shower or is that a crime scene photo i am thinking of?
      No, she did not take any deliberate pictures of him after she attacked him.
    1. Lazarus's Avatar
      Lazarus -
      Adulterous Woman with her persuasive words will led him astray, she seduced him with her smooth talk. At once Travis Alexander followed her and like a cow going to the slaughter house and little knowing it will cost him his life.

      Now then, my sons, listen to me and pay attention to what I say. Do not let your heart turn to her ways or stray into her paths. Many are the victims she has brought down her slain are a mighty throng. Her house is a highway to the grave, leading down to the chambers of death. (Book of Proverbs)

      So sad that Travis Alexsander did not obey the Teachings of His Church.
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Karlita View Post
      I could have sworn that when Juan put that pic up he asked if she took it and she said yes. I do admit the photo he had up had the crime scene markers in it so I could be totally wrong about that. I just remember thinking when he said that, OMG she took a pic of him in the bottom of the shower after he was dead?? Yikes, what you say makes more sense though. If I get a chance (but with so so much catching up on here to do so doubt it) I will go back and try to find that clip. Thanks for the clarification.
      Go to YouTube, croakerqueen, Jodi Arias Trial-Day 25-Part 2, at about 07:29, (the whole of Part 2 is 1:09:59). It is where Martinez is questioning Jodi Arias about the 'chase' at the point where she ran out of the closet back into the bathroom. I think the confusion arises out of the fact that it struck such a discordant note that Martinez, while trying to show the location of the closet door, he used a picture with Travis's dead body in the background. The shock of seeing that is what immediately grabbed my attention and caused a momentary loss of focus on the line of questioning t that exact moment. Make sense?
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
      Um.. Just for clarification. This is the double bird


      And this is what Travis was doing
      How do you do a one-handed double bird?
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
      I have seen a lot of speculation that when she gave her false ninja story that many think that the "I can't feel my legs" might have actually happened. I kind of think that when she says he told her to "go get help" that may have happened. He may not have realized for a split second that she intended to kill him and when he began to cough up blood he asked her for help.
      That is one of the most poignant mental images imaginable. Here was Travis, in shock and disbelief about what was happening to him in those brief seconds, turning to his killer for help. I do not doubt that he said that and Jodi Arias remembers that she said that. She seized upon it and transposed Travis's pleas and screams as she was murdering him into the self-serving Ninja story. That is a perfect example of Jodi Arias 'lying' by 'not lying,' (the fact is accurate but the truth is not revealed) that has been mentioned previously on this thread. That's her trick. She's been employing it her entire life and certainly throughout all her lies about Travis's murder. She uses her garrulousness (excessive talking) to pull off her deceptive semantic tricks. According to Jodi Arias, 'If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck', it is not necessarily a duck. In my 'perception, she would say, it could be a dog imitating a duck then she will go off on a tangent that in her life experience, insight, blah, blah, she has concluded that it is possible for dogs, in 'reality,' to be perceived as ducks. Sadistic and Sickening! I hope the jury catches onto her patterns of deception and nails her on it. It's not very far off the sequence where she was dissembling about whether or not she knew Travis was dead that finally drove Martinez to ask in frustration, something like, "Why is it so hard for you to understand the difference between somebody breathing or not breathing?" If ever anyone feels a twinge of sympathy for her because of the circumstances in which she finds herself, this should drive it out of them. What a hostile..............(complete the sentence).
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      I mean ...........and that Jodi Arias remembers that hesaid that. (Not "she" said that in the second sentence of my previous post.) Sorry! Typing demons at work!
    1. phantompoet's Avatar
      phantompoet -
      Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
      And this is what Travis was doing
      Does he have his middle finger and ring finger up? It looks very strange
    1. DenverClipper's Avatar
      DenverClipper -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
      That is one of the most poignant mental images imaginable. Here was Travis, in shock and disbelief about what was happening to him in those brief seconds, turning to his killer for help. I do not doubt that he said that and Jodi Arias remembers that she said that. She seized upon it and transposed Travis's pleas and screams as she was murdering him into the self-serving Ninja story. That is a perfect example of Jodi Arias 'lying' by 'not lying,' (the fact is accurate but the truth is not revealed) that has been mentioned previously on this thread. That's her trick. She's been employing it her entire life and certainly throughout all her lies about Travis's murder. She uses her garrulousness (excessive talking) to pull off her deceptive semantic tricks. According to Jodi Arias, 'If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck', it is not necessarily a duck. In my 'perception, she would say, it could be a dog imitating a duck then she will go off on a tangent that in her life experience, insight, blah, blah, she has concluded that it is possible for dogs, in 'reality,' to be perceived as ducks. Sadistic and Sickening! I hope the jury catches onto her patterns of deception and nails her on it. It's not very far off the sequence where she was dissembling about whether or not she knew Travis was dead that finally drove Martinez to ask in frustration, something like, "Why is it so hard for you to understand the difference between somebody breathing or not breathing?" If ever anyone feels a twinge of sympathy for her because of the circumstances in which she finds herself, this should drive it out of them. What a hostile..............(complete the sentence).
      I too think there are bits and pieces of the truth in ja's recollection of that day.

      Her comments about what she says she heard Travis say helps convince me that she shot him first. That would explain (to me) why he might have said something like "...go get the neighbors for help.". If she shot him - and he regained consciousness he may have comprehended something was seriously wrong but he didn't make the connection that ja was the cause.

      If she stabbed him first he would have immediately realized the peril he was in and he would have known ja was the cause.
    1. Ian 1's Avatar
      Ian 1 -
      I wish Juan Martinez would ask Jodi Arias, "Exactly when was it that Mr. Alexander said 'I can't feel my legs'" That would have been something. Of course, Jodi Arias couldn't put the exclamation back into the actual murder scene, so she would have to either say she can't remember, or that it was one of her lies. Nobody would believe her and it would demonstrate what a loathsome creature she is.