Police have identified the driver involved in the deadly collision with an ambulance and a car as 21-year-old Dustin Sharp, and now a gofundme page has been set-up to help support his family.

The accident happened at 6:25 a.m. Monday, Oct. 16 on Gary Road near Lincoln Road on the border between Maple Grove and Albee Townships.

Authorities said Sharp was driving a white Chevy Impala southbound on Lincoln Road while on his way to work. The MMR, occupied by two paramedics in their 20s, were headed back to their MMR location in Chesaning. They were heading westbound on Gary Road when it disregarded a stop sign and crashed with the car, according to Michigan State Police Lt. David Kaiser.

The impact of the crash caused the ambulance to go off the bridge and into the Misteguay Creek below. Officials said the ambulance fell about 30 feet.

A Life Flight helicopter was called to the scene, but all three were transported by ambulance to nearby hospitals. The driver of the car, identified as 21-year-old Dustin Sharp, of Burt, later died from his injuries, police said.

Authorities are working on pulling the MMR vehicle out of the creek

The two paramedics of the vehicle are in serious condition.

"The people inside the ambulance in addition to suffering injuries from the ambulance were also suffering from hypothermia as the creek is flowing rather swiftly this morning and high," Kaiser said.

TV5 spoke with neighbors who said this intersection often causes accidents, but not to this severe extent.

"It's just way too many times here. This may be the worst one that I've ever seen, but there's just way too many accidents here," said Ernie Yacklin, a neighbor near the scene of the accident.

Michigan State Police are investigating whether fog may have been a factor in the crash.

A spokesperson for Mobile Medical Response released the following statement:

A Mobile Medical Response ambulance was involved in a collision early this morning at the corner of Lincoln and Gary roads in Maplegrove Township. At this time, Michigan State Police remain on scene completing their investigation. MMR is cooperating fully with authorities. There are no other details available for release at this time. As information becomes available for release an updated statement be sent to the media.