submit a death
Professional wrestler Reid Flair (25) was found dead and a drug overdose is suspected
Published: Apr 06, 2013 @ 3:13 AM
Reid Flair (25)
Mar 29, 2013
Cause of Death:
view their profile
Pro wrestling legend Ric Flair called authorities for help after finding his son in a Charlotte, N.C., hotel room just minutes before the son, Reid Fliehr, was pronounced dead Friday morning, according to a police report obtained by Newsday Monday.
TMZ released a recording of the 911 correspondence Monday afternoon.
According to the report, the call came in to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's South Division at 10:35 a.m. Fliehr (born Richard Reid Fliehr) was pronounced dead at the scene by a medic at 10:40 a.m. at the Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark hotel.
The report lists the "time of incident" as from 1:30 a.m. Friday to 10:35 a.m. Friday. Under the category "incapacity types" for Fliehr, "drugs" is the only word noted. Flair, under his real name, Richard Morgan Fliehr, is listed as the "reporting person."
According to a department news release Friday, the cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.
Reid Fliehr had been arrested several times in the past, culminating in a 2009 arrest for heroin possession.
The case was assigned Monday to a homicide detective, who referred all questions about the report to the department's public information office. Foul play is not suspected.
Newsday reached Flair via cellphone Monday. His agent, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Charlotte-based Legacy Talent and Entertainment, took the phone and said they would not discuss the report at that time.
Zanoni did send out a news release detailing memorial plans for Fliehr, 25, who returned from a pro wrestling tour of Japan less than a week before his death.
His funeral will be held at Forest Hill Church in Charlotte Wednesday for family and friends, with a burial to follow, only for family members.
Memorial donations will be given to Charlotte's Police Athletic League in Reid Fliehr's name.
go back to article archive list
article loaded in 437 ms
Riki Stephens (27) died after ingesting MDMA and synthetic LSD
Tributes are flowing in for Victorian football player Riki Stephens who died on Friday after taking a deadly drug that hospitalised 16 people almost a week ago.
Diana King (54) passed away from cancer and she donated her body to medical science
DIANA KING (nee Ruttle) On Friday, 17th October, 2014, peacefully in the East Lancashire Hospice, Diana, aged 54 years. The dearly loved wife of Wayne, a devoted mum and grandma.
Nicholas Antich (25) overdosed on heroin
Nick started using drugs while he was away at IUPUI. I sent a healthy, happy boy away to college and received an addict back.
Dennis Davy (35) overdosed on heroin at his home
Dennis Davy, 35, Superior resident, died Sunday, April 3, 2016 at his residence. He was born on Nov. 18, 1980 in Duluth to John and Patrice (Urbaniak) Davy.
Mark Jack (26) died after an eight-year battle with heroin addiction
Jack - Mark A. March 27, 2016 of Hamburg, NY. After an 8 year battle with heroin addiction.
Copyright © 2009 MyDeathSpace.com