submit a death
Derrek Huff (24) allegedly died from a drug overdose
Published: Apr 03, 2011 @ 8:34 PM
Derrek Huff (24)
Jun 18, 2010
Cause of Death:
Salt Lake City, Utah
view their profile
Our bright and shining light, Derrek Christopher Huff was extinguished far too soon on June 18, 2010.
He was born August 31, 1986 in Price, Utah to Todd and Jana Patten Huff.
Derrek was a handsome young man who could win anyone over with his sense of humor and charming ways. He had a love for the game of golf that was nurtured by his grandpa John who got him started in the game with his first set of clubs at age 5. He will always hold a special place in his heart. Derrek was the most loving and caring older brother a little sister could have ever wanted. A day didn't go by without talking to his mom or grandma Sharon. They always stood by his side and loved him unconditionally.
Derrek is at peace now, after a hard fought and courageous battle with his inner demons. They can't hurt him anymore. Gone but always in our hearts and minds.
He will be dearly missed by his mother and stepfather, Brent and Jana Keil; his sister, Katelyn Keil; loving grandparents, John and Sharon Patten, and Betty Huff; many loving aunts, uncles, cousins and dear friends; and the love of his life, Nicole Keller. "To the stars and back, the memories of him will last forever."
Derrek was preceded in death by his father who he loved and admired Todd Huff; and his grandfather, Verl Huff.
"Goodbye for now my sweet boy. I love you. Till I see you again someday."
Funeral service, Thursday, June 24, 2010, 12:00 noon, Mitchell Funeral Home. Family will be at Mitchell's Thursday from 10:30 -12:00. Interment, Cliffview Cemetery, Price. Online memories of Derrek can be shared at www.mitchellfuneralhome.net
go back to article archive list
article loaded in 0 ms
Cory Day (24) overdosed on heroin after he had been clean for two months
Cory struggled with addiction for about 10 years. He went to multiple programs, detoxes, and even jail quite a few times.
Keith Kutzler (37) overdosed on heroin after being clean for three months
It began with flesh eating bacteria.... which led to his addiction to the pain pills. I couldn't help him and it pained me to watch.
McKenzie Woller (19) overdosed on heroin in a bathtub
McKenzie suffered from anxiety and Borderline Personality Disorder. She started cutting in middle school and then got involved with an abusive boyfriend who hurt her physically and emotionally, and introduced her to opiates.
Ceseli Fields (26) overdosed on heroin
SOMERSET - Ceseli Dionna Fields, 26, died Mon. Visit 11am Thu, Southern Oaks Funeral Home Chapel. Funeral 2pm Thu, Southern Oaks Funeral Home Chapel.
Steven Dunworth (42) died when he crashed his car while attempting to goto the hospital to detox from heroin
That's what 'we' say. Our drug/alcohol addictions lead to three places: Jails, Institutions and DEATH… That is what I'm here to write about today on behalf of my beloved big brother, Steven David.
Copyright © 2009 MyDeathSpace.com